PDA

View Full Version : Shen??

dre_doggX
08-07-2003, 10:49 AM
what methods you use to increase and strenghten you shen.

Who to develop it. lets talk, because I got questions, to thinkgs Iam not sure I understand.

Laughing Cow
08-07-2003, 01:45 PM
dre-doggx.

Like so many things in TJQ it is a concept and not a physical thing.
Show me "qi".

I am sure that when the time is ready your sifu will tell and show you everything you need to know.

Striving for things too soon will only make your TJQ full of holes and lengthen your learning time.

As the five word formula said there need to be 4 other things present before you can have full "shen [spirit of vitality]".

Many things in TJQ are circular, or more like a spiral the more you got the basics right the bigger the spiral will be and the sooner you will pass through the stages.

Cheers.

Stacey
08-07-2003, 06:06 PM
liccorice, cherries, they sell an herbal formula on www.8step.com that ups your shen and chi...prayer, not thinking, and having a calm mind up your shen and clear you eyes.

Repulsive Monkey
08-08-2003, 09:03 AM
Food stuffs do not increase your Shen, and its very difficult to be sown how to do it as opposed to someone showing how to do roll-back, single-whip or snake puts out tongue.

Alchemically speaking one's Shen and its refinement comes from years of developing the other two treasures namely Jing and then Qi. When you have an abundance of Qi then Shen naturally accumulates and galvanises to a noticeable level and to one which makes using it more tangible/practical.

Shen is a lightness of mind and can only be felt properly when there is a lightness of body.

I urge you to read the 5 Chracter secret by Li-I Yu, this contains the best directions towards development of shen.