PDA

View Full Version : 3rd thing I learned from the Sherdog clips

red5angel
08-07-2003, 03:17 PM
If you have to put your hands up to stop some guy from punching you while your on the ground, the fight is over.

Christopher M
08-07-2003, 03:24 PM
How about: if you're on the bottom, the cage is not your friend. You can't take kicks to the mastoid. If you're an agile japanese guy with bleached hair and you refuse to play the other guy's game, you can pull off all sorts of wierd stuff. And most important of all: don't **** off Vanderlei Silva.

yenhoi
08-07-2003, 03:26 PM
Well, red5, you might 'put your hands up' to garner a reaction or draw a response of you liking.

But yeah, if your in a position where blocking strikes is your only defense, then you have been screwed for quite some time.

:eek:

Oso
08-07-2003, 04:21 PM
If you're an agile japanese guy with bleached hair and you refuse to play the other guy's game, you can pull off all sorts of wierd stuff.

yea, that dude does pull off some 'non-textbook' stuff. guess he's trained that wierd stuff a lot.

truewrestler
08-07-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by red5angel
If you have to put your hands up to stop some guy from punching you while your on the ground, the fight is over. You are reffering to while under the mount right, not just on the ground in general? Remember that guy on here who said he could just strike to the sternum...LOL

Oso
08-07-2003, 08:03 PM
yea, i'm a kung fu guy and I was like: 'wtf is he talking about?'

the 'sternum' ?

he needs to put the crack pipe down and train more.:p

sternum?

sternum???

sternum!!!!!!!!

CrippledAvenger
08-07-2003, 11:31 PM
sternum.

hehhehheh.

,,,and on that note, I'm through for the night.

red5angel
08-08-2003, 06:47 AM
yep truewrestler, once those guys put their hands up to try to stop head shots, the fight is pretty much over.

Although, I stopped a fight with a shot to the sternum once...

Oso
08-08-2003, 08:34 AM
must of been a bullet;)

red5angel
08-08-2003, 08:45 AM
hehe, a double palm strike to the sternum. Knocked the air out of him long enuogh for me to get away. I was in high school, taking karate, it was something I had just learned. He tried to trip me, I turned and hit him and he fell back on his butt. I realized he was much bigger then I was so I kept going.