PDA

View Full Version : Choi mok in HK

tanglang
08-08-2003, 07:12 AM
Does anybody know some details? Where to find, master...- I'm a northern practicioner and it's more a question just because of interest..?

ZhouJiaQuan
08-08-2003, 04:12 PM
There was an article on choy mok a few months back in new martial hero magazine. thats all i got...

tanglang
08-09-2003, 05:36 AM
Hmm .. but unfortunatelly..here in germany it's not availible nethertheless: thx..

tanglang
08-14-2003, 06:15 AM
a photo of LKW with choy mok sifu Lau Bill taken in 1878. So he's the one- but does somebody know if he or a student of him is still teaching in HK?

tanglang
08-15-2003, 11:00 AM
was just curious about the master. I wanted to know something more about him .Thats why I asked.

tanglang
08-25-2003, 07:04 AM
all I know about choi mok is that it's a mixture between many family styles such as hung, choy, lau and so on-see link..- someone took the essence of all these styles and made choi mok of it. I remember a video of master bill performing a choi mok form in HK in the eighties screaming together the whole huge hall in which the event took place..really impressing. But can anybody here in the board tell me how old this style is and if it' can only be found in HK or in mainland china , Singapore , Taiwan or elsewere, too?