PDA

View Full Version : OT: something funny happened to me last night

red5angel
08-08-2003, 08:50 AM
I have been doing some HIIT training in the evenings roughly every other day as well as other stuff to lose some weight in preperation for training to compete. I have lost about 12 lbs or so and had been doing some kungfu in the garage, hitting the heavy bag and such. It was hot and I had been sweating so I had lost some water weight as well. My shorts, which until 2 months ago had been tight, were pretty loose and I kept having to pull the up a little.
So after my workout I go for my run. I am cruising along, felling pretty good, tugging my shorts up from time to time, a nuisance but no big deal. I start down the hill by my house so I am hitting the ground pretty hard. Some neighbors are in the yard and they wave as usual. I wave as well and at that very moment my shorts chose that moment to drop to my ankles!!! What compounded the issue was the fact that I was going at a light sprint down a hill, so when my shorts hit my ankles I went face first into the ground!! I was running on the boulevard so luckily I was on grass but I was laughing so hard and trying to pull my pants up I probably rolled around on the ground for a few seconds trying to get it all figured out. Meanwhile my neighbors are pointing and laughing like any good neighbor would. I stood up to find some neighborhood kids who were riding their bikes behind me apparently standing there giggling as well!!!

TonyM.
08-08-2003, 09:12 AM
A classic crash and burn! Glad you didn't bite the pavement.:D

rubthebuddha
08-08-2003, 09:21 AM
hope you left your dignity back in the garage before you went a-joggin, cause otherwise, it's lost. :D

norther practitioner
08-08-2003, 09:23 AM
lmfao...

Time for some new shorts bro...

red5angel
08-08-2003, 09:24 AM
hehe, I am still chuckling about it today.

@PLUGO
08-08-2003, 10:37 AM
Did you at least take a bow?

red5angel
08-08-2003, 10:40 AM
if you could consider falling face first into the ground with my a$$ in the air a bow then yes.

Chang Style Novice
08-08-2003, 10:44 AM
Suspenders may look ****y, but they are the weight-loser's buddy. And they don't look anything like as ****y as falling flat on your face with your pants down.

This brings to mind an event I was witness to, but (thankfully) not involved in. It was about five years ago, and I was waiting for a bus when a guy rode buy on one of those low-riding street bikes with the pegs for grinding and the 360 degree turning handlebars and all that. As was the fashion, he wore baggy below-the-knee corduroy shorts loose enough to be sagging under his crack, and with a wallet chain about four feet long strung between the belt-loop and his back pocket. This gent was quickly turned into the most literal victim of fashion I have ever seen when his wallet chain got tangled in between the spokes of his rear wheel and his bike chain. First his pants came down, then the wheel stopped turning, then the bike chain broke, then he and the bike fell down in a heap.

Nice one! The only way it could've been improved is if his wallet chain had also attached to one of his many facial piercings...

Shaolin-Do
08-08-2003, 06:46 PM
lofl r5...

good you didnt headbut the sidewalk or something.........

Black Jack
08-10-2003, 07:23 AM
Mork from Ork wore suspenders. He did look like a constant masturbater though.

chen zhen
08-10-2003, 08:45 AM
The reason why u have to learn break-falls..;)

Oso
08-10-2003, 10:45 AM
nope, work on rolling.

that way you could have done a forward roll out of your shorts and kept on running. At that point it wouldn't have really mattered that you were mostly naked.

chen zhen
08-10-2003, 10:52 AM
That IS what I meant..:rolleyes:
;)lol

Oso
08-10-2003, 11:18 AM
then why did you say 'breakfall'?;)

chen zhen
08-10-2003, 11:26 AM
Dun spik gut engrisch..

:p

Oso
08-10-2003, 11:49 AM
aww, c'mon...we were supposed to have a rousing debate on the difference between a breakfall and a roll....I'm bored.

guess I'll go back to playing video games...........

chen zhen
08-10-2003, 12:37 PM
Yeah, i know..

ok, funny story red5, hope u werent hurt.;)

-cz