PDA

View Full Version : How to protect one's groin?

02-07-2001, 04:37 PM
Can you tell me what are the best ways to protect one's groin

a) in kicking range against kicks (e.g. a football kick)
b) punching/trapping range against knees
c) in the clinch against knees?

Have you ever been kicked in the groin or have you ever kicked someone in the groin in a real fight intentionally?

What do you think about groin attacks? Are they overrated? Are they more difficult to land than you'd think?

Should they be used in street fights? I mean if you try it and it doesn't work right away, you can be sure that your opponent will try to do the same to you, so that's why I wonder if it's really such a good idea.

JWTAYLOR
02-07-2001, 06:12 PM
One of the big misconceptions is that a kick to the groin will instantly stop a fight. That is total bs. I hate to say it, but I've been kicked squa in the nuts more times than I care to remember. Yes, the pain comes, and yes it really hurts. But not right away. Even after a real nut crush you can have 5-10 seconds of good fight in you without any effect what so ever.
That said, kicking the actual center of the pelvic bone will end a fight immediately, and if broken, will very likely lead to death. But that's one hard kick. It bursts the bladder. This is something that I have witnessed. Not from a kick, but from a fall. An uncle working on our house fell about 4 feet onto a t-post. It broke his pelvic bone and ruptrued his bladder. He didn't die, but almost. Now he pees out of a bag. No fun.

In the street, kicking the nuts is always a good idea. First, you may really slow the guy down. Second, and more importantly, any movement toward someone's groin tends to make them drop their hands. Then you have their head and neck. Far better targets than the groin. I've kicked plenty of nuts in my time. I've even cracked a few cups along with it.

The best way to protect your groin is to not have it face your opponent. Also, keep your knees bent when standing. And keep your legs below your waist and tight together when kicking. I've found knees are best protected against by throwing a heal palm toward the knee if possible. It can do some serious damage to the incomming knee, and they won't do it again.

JW

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

JerryLove
02-07-2001, 10:53 PM
Some of the more effective things...

Keep your stances closed (the only real exception I can think of is if you need to sprawl, but I doubt someone is going to get your groin from that).
Keep your kicks low and across the center.
Dont turn your back (there are some odd exceptions again).

Martial Joe
02-08-2001, 12:43 AM
Cresent stepping,used in Wing Chun but im sure it can work with anything.

joedoe
02-19-2001, 01:31 AM
Giving your opponent a good kick in the nads can give you the edge you need in a fight, but landing them can be difficult. Guys tend to have a sixth sense about it and generally manage to deflect or avoid a groin kick a lot of the time.

As for defending, I agree on closed stances. They are the quickest defence. If you are quick enough, a block with the knee is also good.

prana
02-19-2001, 01:57 AM
I used to hear claims that a person can use Qi-Gong to suck his groin in during a fight. Yes right in !... Any1 heard this 1 ?

Breathe till there is no breath...

JerryLove
02-19-2001, 03:10 AM
Yep, Twist Horse Lohan is good for developing that.

mad taoist
02-25-2001, 01:48 PM
Yes, two friends of mine (2 wing chun brothers) were able to do this. It's cos the testicles actually drop from the abdomen (unfortunately, sometimes they don't drop) and it can be 'remembered' how to suck em back up. Very useful -- beats wearing a box out in the city if you're expecting a fight.....

'If we do not go within, we go without'.

Budokan
03-13-2001, 06:49 AM
Look into surgical castration.

K. Mark Hoover

Mojo
03-15-2001, 12:53 AM
I would hire 'Charlie's Angels' to protect my groin. !!

kwang
03-15-2001, 05:35 AM
I dont think suckingyour nuts into your abdomen is good for you, i wouldn't recommend trying it, that actually happened to me once when I pulled my groin badly slipping on ice, it was....Well lets put it this way, it wasn't a nice sensation.

Kwang :oP

Kwang

atsai
03-26-2001, 04:31 AM
I heard the suck-in your groin qi gung too. I wonder if popping it out will be just as easy...

Art

It's 50% fighter and 50% style.

joedoe
03-26-2001, 06:12 AM
A solid kick in the stomach can often pop them back out apparently.

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

Highlander
03-27-2001, 11:23 PM
The best way to protect your nuts is "Stop sleeping with your girl friends sister!!!".

Koing
04-06-2001, 01:13 AM
lol your dam right:)

^_^

"Bye 4 now; not 4 ever"

drunken_bo
04-07-2001, 08:39 AM
that last one was funny.

I've been in a street fight with a black guy (actually like 20ish and around 5' 11" and I dunno what he weighed...more than me LOL)

I set in a cat stance and he came at me so I kicked his nuts HARD. I really did slam this guy.
BUT HE KEPT COMING!
thats when I wet myself, in another 4 seconds he sinks to his knees and go out.
The key to a groin shot is that once the adreneline is rushing it doens't do as much.
However, if you just snap them first thing real good in a few second they normally feel it.
IT does take a few seconds though...keep moving while you wait for it to sink in so to speak
;)

"Survival of the fittest: If you lose you weren't fit. Sucks to be you."

Son_Goku
04-11-2001, 07:52 PM
A simple CRANE move; sweep your right leg over your groin. The connecction is made with your upper thigh.

Fear.....Fear attracts the fearful.....The strong....the weak....the innocent....
Fear is my ally