PDA

View Full Version : sanda wins

WanderingMonk
08-08-2003, 11:28 AM
China's sanda team finally won a legit victory over the Thailand's Muay Tai team. 3 wins, 2 losses.

Finally, no crys of cheating by the Chinese. I think the fight was in Thailand since Hong Kong people said it was ref by Thai.

anyone else got any more info on this?

wm

lkfmdc
08-08-2003, 01:14 PM
is this the latest one in the series? There have been a lot, and for the most part, people on the teams didn't *****, just the Muay Thai jock riders on the internet forums...

WanderingMonk
08-08-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by lkfmdc
is this the latest one in the series? There have been a lot, and for the most part, people on the teams didn't *****, just the Muay Thai jock riders on the internet forums...

yeah, this is the latest one. The previous couples had been very embarassing for the sanda team. MT destroyed them. Even the one Sanda team won were ugly and controversial (ref favoring the Chinese team). I am waiting for yahoo to upload the latest edition of guangzhou paper which should give some more details. Finally, Chinese sanda team showing some real improvement.

wm

WanderingMonk
08-09-2003, 09:07 AM
For those interested in this competition.

4th Sanda Vs Muai Thai Competition
China sent its national team. I assume Thailand sent its as well.

place: Bangkok, Thailand.

Time: 8/8/2003

5 divisions: 56 kg, 60 kg, 65 kg, 70 kg, 75 kg.
rules: modified MT with throws allowed. kick to the balls allowed. no knee to the balls.

5 rounds, 3 min each.

56 kg division: Sanda win by decision in 5th round.
60 kg division: sanda win by decision in 5 th round.
65 kg division: MT win by decision in 5th round
70 kg division: MT win by ref stoppage in 3rd round.
75 kg division: Sanda win by KO in 2nd round.

Sanda 3: MT 2.

wm

lkfmdc
08-09-2003, 09:11 AM
- "yeah, this is the latest one. The previous couples had been very embarassing for the sanda team" -

Not even close. San Da won most of them, the last one in Macau they DESTROYED the Thai team. Ko'd the Thai with a vicious cross and broke his eyebrow bone.

Just go to www.angelfire.com/sd2/kingofsanda for most of the matches coverage

Shaolin-Do
08-09-2003, 09:16 AM
"marvin perry pro muay thai fight" or whatever...
Whyd ol dude drop like that?

lkfmdc
08-09-2003, 01:18 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/kingofsanda/mtvssd.html

WanderingMonk
08-09-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by lkfmdc
- "yeah, this is the latest one. The previous couples had been very embarassing for the sanda team" -

Not even close. San Da won most of them, the last one in Macau they DESTROYED the Thai team. Ko'd the Thai with a vicious cross and broke his eyebrow bone.

Just go to www.angelfire.com/sd2/kingofsanda for most of the matches coverage

hmm.. Yes, "officially" the Chinese national team won couple of thos matches.

As far I as know, the Chinese refs were favoring the Chinese team in the competition held in Macau. The people on a Hong Kong board who saw the fight had the consensus that the Chinese team did not win. If I remember correctly, one MT fighter even withdrew in protest over the blantant cheating.

Another view on the so-called "Macau Massacre"

**<edit> link deleted b/c a complaint about how visitor's computer was infected with a virus after clicking the link.

and a link on how the Thai got their revenge on the Chinese national team by putting up their best in Bangkok in 2002. With Thai's King in attendance (if I recall right), the Chinese were decimated.

**<edit> link deleted b/c a complaint about how visitor's computer was infected with a virus after clicking the link.

***correction: presently, I can't find evidence to prove that Thailand's king was in attendance. So, I retract that part.

I went to several mainland and hong kong website back in 2002 after the Sanda team was decimated, and the consenus was that the Chinese Sanda team quality was significantly inferior to Thai's MT team.

I also believe that was partially the reason why the Head of Chinese Sanda organization was replaced.

**clarification: the guy who got replace was the head coach of Chinese national sanda team and did run the sanda program. Whether or not he had the title as the "official" head of the organization, I am not sure.

wm

truewrestler
08-09-2003, 01:58 PM
****, is this **** on video?

WanderingMonk
08-09-2003, 02:09 PM
****, is this **** on video?

You can probably order most of them from the guy who run this site.

But, I never did business with him, so I can't vouch for the product quality, speed of delivery, and honesty.

You should probably talk to Gene Ching and see if he knows a vendor which carry it.

wm

truewrestler
08-09-2003, 02:24 PM
thanks for that website

Shaolin-Do
08-09-2003, 05:38 PM
That website dropped a virus out of it....

WanderingMonk
08-09-2003, 05:47 PM
Virus?

How?

wm

StickyHands
08-09-2003, 10:25 PM
So what makes MT prevail over San Da as it has? And as for modified MT, what kind of throwing/grappling stuff are they inserting to their training now?

How many techniques are in Muay Thai anyway, what are the eight limbs behind it? What the principle behind generating power? And I concensus it's "street effective", how is it so considering that it lacks takedown, throwing/grappling? Isnt that what sort of most TKD is like, amputated from the grappling aspects? Just wondering...

chen zhen
08-10-2003, 01:25 AM
Western grappling methods I would assume, not the Shuai Chiao kind in SS.

StickyHands
08-10-2003, 03:32 AM
Interesting threads, gotta check it out -

http://www.mma.tv/TUF/DisplayMessages.cfm?TID=260461&P=52&FID=23&c=1

http://www.mma.tv/TUF/DisplayMessages.cfm?TID=262309&P=9&FID=23&c=1

Has a sweet connection to this forum. :D

Make sure to read the whole thing.

Best Quotes: "it's so sad and pathetic over there, I find myself trolling just for fun.... "

"let's take a vote here, my next time around with these morons, should I start talking about, and I quote;
"The devastatingly effective south American martial art of Brazlian Jiu-Jitsu" ....."

"what is truly sad is they have found this thread but yet are still not really in on the joke yet....
I couldn't resist, I've already twice this morning mentioned the devastatingly effective South American martial art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu... "

"the whole forum over there has become an orgy of dillusion and dumb comments, the best being Master Killer's contention that since you tap, you don't really know if an arm bar will ever work... "

LOL. :p

chen zhen
08-10-2003, 04:14 AM
I vote for a gangwar.:cool:

lol, funny to read. They are just punking the sh!t out of us! :p

Hey, and I spotted WD there!:D

Liokault
08-10-2003, 05:20 AM
StickyHands you didnt point out that most of the posts against this forum on the links are from someone who posts on this forum alot.

StickyHands
08-10-2003, 06:30 AM
LOL, that's for you guys to go and find out. Im not trying to put a spotlight on certain people here, Im only sharing with you guys cuz I found it hillarious when I happend to stumble upon it. :D

I found the link through reading this thread about Muay Thai -

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24244

Liokault
08-10-2003, 09:21 AM
Well I have to say the guy in question has gone down in my opinion.

Sad to say that I used to think he had somthing to say but it turns out hes just a kung fu hateing bore who ADMITS to trolling for fun on this forum.

TzuChan
08-10-2003, 02:06 PM
Hey don't shoot me here, but my trainer uses the terms sanda and sanshou like as if it is the same sport, I take he's right since he's done it for quite a while. He calls it 'sport fighting', which is correct. I just wanne make sure, not that I doubt him, but is sanda sanshou, only .. without protections like in sanshou ? I'm curious...

StickyHands
08-10-2003, 03:01 PM
Tzu, what you're saying, how the helk is that anyway relevant to the new direction of the topic or for the old one? lol.

As for Liokault, here, more treats: http://www.mma.tv/TUF/DisplayMessages.cfm?TID=243771&P=29&FID=23&c=1

This one gets the props :

http://www.mma.tv/TUF/DisplayMessages.cfm?TID=252344&P=22&FID=23&c=1

:p

TzuChan
08-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Just the topic says sanda, and it was originally about sanda fights... What's wrong with you dude, have I insulted you with the 'gay' post or something ? Let me say it again, I do not have a problem with gay people ... don't be so **** offended jeez, you are whatever you want to be

WanderingMonk
08-10-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by TzuChan
Hey don't shoot me here, but my trainer uses the terms sanda and sanshou like as if it is the same sport, I take he's right since he's done it for quite a while. He calls it 'sport fighting', which is correct. I just wanne make sure, not that I doubt him, but is sanda sanshou, only .. without protections like in sanshou ? I'm curious...

Hi TzuChun,

Although this topic has evolve into something else, I'll try to answer your question.

short answer: it is the same thing.

Long answer:

PRC government used the term, San-shou, to destinate Sports sparring. But, recently (about one to two years ago), it decided to change the official name to San-Da. The word "shou" (which means hand in chinese) was replace with "da" (which mean hit). The logic was with gloves on, the chin-na techniques cannot be executed and you can only strike/hit. So, "da" was more suitable.

wm

StickyHands
08-10-2003, 03:52 PM
Oh no no, pardon eee moa Tzu, I just assumed that you'd have common knowledge of San Da or San Shou being the same thing or sort. About the gay thing, lol, was that another attempt to redeem yourself for your linguistic disablities? It's ok Tzu, Im sure that kid who was feeling on your ass for wallet wasn't g@y, and Im sure you didnt like his touch either. :p

TzuChan
08-11-2003, 04:11 AM
Thanks Monk

lkfmdc
08-11-2003, 08:08 AM
Funny how guys who can't punch their way out of a wet paper bag are suddenly experts on fighting...

"Crane69" is well known for one being a jock rider and two posting horribly inaccurate descriptions of the fights, he's a traditional guy and like many of the zombies on here wants to say bad things about the real fighting art of San Da

How can you say the victory is suspect when you KNOCK THE GUY OUT AND BREAK A BONE IN HIS FACE

I am really waiting to see the answer to that one....

Crane69 talked all sorts of crap about the fights in Thailand UNTIL THE TAPE CAME OUT.... suddenly people saw the fights and realized he was an @ss...

Even the Muay Thai guys on MMA.tv said they thought the matches were close

I also love his "conspiracy theory" on why the Chinese guys won...

Shaolin-Do
08-11-2003, 08:55 AM
lkfmdc, catch pride fighting last night?

lkfmdc
08-11-2003, 09:00 AM
I actually caught it by surprise, forgot it was on but was up late and flipping around the channels and there is was. Mostly good matches....

Shaolin-Do
08-11-2003, 09:17 AM
Gotta say, I enjoyed it :)
Makes me want to fight more contact... all except the excessively cauliflowered ears....

Wanderleigh had a real nice 1,2..... Thought that polish dude was gonna have neck trauma after the round house to the head...
:)

Shaolin-Do
08-11-2003, 09:33 AM
Edit: nice sight... Some vids of techniques to go with the literature would be nice tho...
:)

WushuSpear
08-12-2003, 03:30 PM
Hello

As a foreign observer, I'd be interested in how Americans explain the current mess that is US amateur sanshou. I know that the federation's melt down and separation has been a major contributor in hurting the sports development. I'm wondering what you also think about the new US Wushu Union and it chances of doing some good in boosting the sport there.

WushuSpear

P.S. I wonder how you'd classify me Ikfmdc as I do both sanshou and modern (commie) wushu.