PDA

View Full Version : Some questions on exercises?

red5angel
08-08-2003, 02:20 PM
I am looking at scrappers workout and I am not familiar with some of the stuff he mentions in his workouts.

For example, how do you do a sit and tuck?

Good Mornings?

Grappling unlimited pushups?

If you have a link with pics that would help alot!

rubthebuddha
08-08-2003, 02:28 PM
for good mornings, read some of the recent threads in this forum with gm in the title. i put a link up for them, and lotsa peeps have given some tips on how to do them right and avoid injury.

red5angel
08-08-2003, 02:55 PM
Thanks rub, I will check out the threads. I think I am familiar wit them from my running days but can't quite recall.

rubthebuddha
08-08-2003, 03:39 PM
not sure what good mornings have to do with running. i do good mornings all the darn time, but i ****ing hate running. :p

red5angel
08-11-2003, 07:21 AM
LOL! I love running and don't mind good mornings. When I was running cross country way back in high school we used to do them for hamstring strength and to help loosen them up a little.

Ford Prefect
08-12-2003, 05:45 AM
Goodmorning that Scrapper talks about and the goodmornings talked about here are two different things.

There is an exrecise called goodmornings that is done with a barbell that is one of teh best exercises for training the posterior chain.

The BWE exercise with the same name is for the abs. You lie on your back, raise your feet about 6-12" off the ground, spread you legs out and bring them back together (but cross them so one is over the other) repeat while alternate which foot is on top.

red5angel
08-12-2003, 03:01 PM
Thanks Ford, that makes more sense in this instance!
You wouldn't happen to know what a sit and tuck or tucksit is would you?

rubthebuddha
08-12-2003, 03:04 PM
getting ready for a drag show, but in a seated position. why do you ask? :confused:

:D

red5angel
08-12-2003, 03:08 PM
dang dude........and they let you moderate......

Ford Prefect
08-13-2003, 07:03 AM
Sure. Sit on the ground with only your butt touching the ground. Some people put the hand 6" or so behind their butt for balance, but it's not necessary. Star with your legs bent and your knees tucked into your chest. Extend your feet out and lean back so your feet are straight out only 6-12" from the ground. Then lean back in and tuck your knees back into your chest.

red5angel
08-13-2003, 07:48 AM
oh yeah! Ok, I am familiar with those, thanks again man!