PDA

View Full Version : To Norther Practitioner

crazymaddrunk
08-09-2003, 12:22 AM
I met a guy tonight and we struck up a conversation on, what else?, martial arts.

He stated he learned Northern Shaolin kung fu years ago and learned the 12 Tan Tui Forms (which I've heard of) and Quan 1-10. Do these sound familiar to you? Is all Northern Shaolin the same, as far as forms taught, etc.?

Since you have the name on the board I figure I'd ask you, but any feedback from anyone would be helpful.

chen zhen
08-09-2003, 12:49 AM
He may have said the 12 row Tan Tui.
Just a little correction.;)

Mizong_Kid
08-10-2003, 11:32 AM
be it 10 tan tui or 12 tAN tui....its all the same.

basic movements.its the first thing i learnt when i started northern style kung fu.

MasterKiller
08-10-2003, 02:12 PM
There are lots of Northen Shaolin styles, each with it's own focus and techniques. Northen Shaolin is a broad term used to describe many systems originating in the North.

Unless he meant Bak Sil Lum, which is also called Northern Shaolin, but is a specific system unto itself and was created by a guy names Gan Fenchi, who also invented Hua style (Flower Boxing).

norther practitioner
08-11-2003, 09:15 AM
Um, could be any # of styles/systems....
BSL is a common one,
I'm not sure, but I think Yang, Jwing Ming teaches tan tui as well, but doesn't have the 10 quan per say... I'd guess BSL... there seems to be complete info in the Shaolin Forum as well...:D