PDA

View Full Version : This guy would kill everyone - "the fury of a T-Rex"

Ghostwriter
02-08-2001, 04:33 PM
Sorry guys, this was of course a joke, to get some attention! *g* ;-))

Howard M. Williams Jr., a black man of heavyweight, who grow up in a bad area of Oakland, San Francisco, was both a student of Bruce Lee and James Yimm Lee in Oakland. Jimmy Lee was an excellent and traditional teacher, using modern tools for teaching. He invented many of the devices which helped Bruce Lee to develop and hone his speed and power. Howard started studying as a teenager in the Oakland school, but being a dedicated disciple and natural talent he was forged by Bruce and Jimmy Lee into an awesome streetfighter only following the strict concepts and principles of Oakland JKD, pure and undistorted as he has never studied any other style like Kali, Muay Thai, Silat, or Wing Chun. Now the time has come that he steps a little more out of the background to set the record straight as to what was taught originally by Bruce and Jimmy Lee.

On this occasion he gives a seminar in Oakland, April 21 and 22 and also releases a new instructional tape of 90 minutes (price: $ 45 Dollar), from which he sent a short sequence to me.

If you want to see him move Email me: Andreas Mertsch and I will send you the clip. You can only watch it with the new upgrade of Windows Media Player, Version 7.

If you watch it pay attention to Howard's size, which looks rather like George Foreman then like Bruce Lee, but at the same time he moves with the speed and agility of a lightweight.
Also pay attention to his initial speed as well as his hand speed and control, the economy of footwork and how each movements flows into the next. Many years of hard training in what came natural to him brought him to a stage which allows him to let the techniques 'happen by themselves', out of his subconscious. Someone once mentioned to him that the fury of a T-Rex were in his techniques. Is is safe to say that Howard Williams is one of the real deals in Bruce Lee's original Jeet Kune Do. And besides, he is a very nice man, always keeping the art to himself and teaching handicapped childen as a profession (not martial arts)

If you want to purchase his video feel free to contact him: HWJKD@aol.com

Recently there were two interviews with Mr Williams published:

1.) THE WAY OF THE INTERCEPTING FIST (http://members.tripod.de/howardwilliams/interceptfist) - the most in-depth interview ever made about JKD

2.) THE JKD GOSPEL ACCORDING TO HOWARD, published in INSIDE KUNG FU, Vol. May 1998 (http://members.tripod.de/howardwilliams)

Enjoy it and thanks for reading!

Respectfully yours,
Andreas Mertsch

JerryLove
02-08-2001, 08:57 PM
Where is the discussion topic again? Didn't you just post this a couple of days ago (I responded with a song about SPAM as I remember)?

Andreas
02-08-2001, 09:47 PM
You are searching everywhere for a discussion? ;-))

Andreas

JerryLove
02-08-2001, 10:33 PM
Yea, it's a bad habit. :-) I come on these discussion boards and keep expecting discussions.

I suppose if I was really interested in the "UFC against the world" they would be easier to find. Oh wait, those are arguments.

Seriously, good luck with your seminar. But I must say I am not in favor of using a discussion board to post ads. (Excepting the ads and seminars section many boards have). Heck, my school is having a seminar this weekend, but I'm not posting about it.

Andreas
02-08-2001, 10:41 PM
Dear Jerry,

sorry for the plug, but where else can we spread some information for free? Non one has to read it. I'm no student of this guy and not participate his seminar (too many thousand miles between us :-)) He's just a friend, a nice guy...

Good luck with your seminar!

Take care,
Andy

BigDude
02-10-2001, 01:58 AM
I hate to point this out, but when everyone here registered, we all agreed to certain terms of service. One of those is:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this Forum Roundtable.
[/quote]

Also, you are asked not to waste everyone's bandwidth. I admit this post was not as objectionable as those that our friend Rolls has thrown about, but it is somewhat more than annoying to have to waste my time pulling up what sounds like an interesting topic just to be slapped in the face with an add. Also, how much trust could anyone put in a topic where you admit to using questionable tactics just to get people to read the topic.

Where IS the forum administrator, anyway?

Whether the stone hits the pitcher, or the pitcher hits the stone, it's that pitcher that gets hurt

Andreas
02-11-2001, 03:18 AM
I just wonder of what we are talking about here? Howard Williams is one of the original Jeet Kune Do guys out of Bruce Lee's schools, who really knows what streetfighting is. So this information should be interesting. If it is not for you, then so should it be. You can trust whatever you want.
Andreas

Andreas
02-11-2001, 07:30 AM
Sorry. You must almost forgive me, I didn't know about such rules here. Maybe you're right about some things, who knows. I can take critique. We should just forget this and not waste any time longer on arguing about this thing, shouldn't we?

Respectfully yours,
Andreas

BigDude
02-12-2001, 04:19 AM
I'm sorry, but I deal with people all day long who agree to a certain set of terms, and then completely ignore them. I'm also sick and tired of the way people ignore the agreement they made here, and the forum administrator says nothing. I admit you're not on a level with the really nasty ones, but what you are doing is at its center wrong.
You used a tag line for this forum to make it sound far more interesting than it is, just so people would look at it. You admit that you simply ignore the rules that state you can't do this. My point earlier was about the quality of any product you may have to offer, as you have already shown yourself to be a dishonest and selfish (in wasting time and bandwidth with this thread).
Furthermore, I am tired of the arguments that I see raging on this forum, and I hate that I am now finding myself in one, but this is the sort of thing that really, really annoys me.

Whether the stone hits the pitcher, or the pitcher hits the stone, it's that pitcher that gets hurt

Andreas
02-12-2001, 05:29 AM
Cole,

I still don't know what your problem is, but I'm tired of your bashing as I already apologized for having not read and known the rules of this forum here. My english is not the best so I quote another guy who mentioned to someone other feeling annoyed by my thread: "Lighten up, the board has many purposes, only one is discussion, another is information... If you dont like it, than hit the back button brother and read something else, its called FREEDOM, get over it, or go and make your own message board and run it how you want."!!

So take it easy, and please don't talk about wasting of time when you don't stop to waste my time here.

Andreas

8stepsifu
02-12-2001, 07:50 AM
QUICK EVERYBODY...SEND ME ONE DOLLAR....THEN 20 PEOPLE WILL SEND EACH OF YOU ONE DOLLAR AND WE'LL ALL BE RICH WITHOUT MAKING ANY MONEY!!!!

ps. Dig the sea horse dragon thing. I love it...I think I'll get a tattoo. The original is gold on dinosaur bone! Tacky, but cool.

King of the Assyrians
http://www.aon-celtic.com/cgiftshopart/poster1.gif

BigDude
02-12-2001, 09:11 AM
Andreas,

My appologies. I've had a really lousy couple of days and took it out on you. I just had to pay $600 to get my car fixed after the local gang vandalized it...and this was the best part of my day.

Again, sorry.