PDA

View Full Version : what should you do if you are sitting in your car and someone in the back seat wraps a rope or chain

phantom
02-08-2001, 10:56 PM
What would be the best way to deal with this situation? thank you for any advice that you can give me on this topic.

Black Jack
02-08-2001, 11:09 PM
I hope I would never have to be in this situation but if the car was moving I would slam hard on the breaks to see if that looses his grip which it more that likely will.

After the grip broke I would get the hell out of my car as fast as possible and run.

Another tactic to consider would be to put some fingers under the chain to slow down your oxygen/blood loss before you slam on the brakes.

Always look in the back of your car and under its frame as well for potential stalkers.

If he came up to the front seat to grapple with me after the hard break and I thought that he might get me before I could get out...aka stuck in seatbelt of soemthing of that nature...I would use the pause to go for my blade and spill his lunch onto the consol.

Regards

rogue
02-09-2001, 03:19 AM
I'd hit him with a spinning hook kick. I do TKD and it's the only thing we can do.

More than likely grab one of the blades I keep stashed in my car, you never know when you might need to cut some rope or a seat belt, and go to work.

NorthernMantis
02-09-2001, 05:40 AM
I'd pull the lever on the side of the chair that let's the back of the chair go back or foward while being in the same place.The chair will just flip back and pop him on his face from either my force or his loosening up the chain not be cause he got hit but because you got closer to him.Then I would try anyting in my power to get out of the car and run away.

"Always be ready"

NorthernMantis
02-10-2001, 06:39 PM
Doesn't anyone have a difference of oppinion?Do you agree with said statement?would you do something else?ComeI want to hear some input.

"Always be ready"

3BladesFighter
02-11-2001, 02:34 AM
I'd try to put my head between my legs and kiss my ass goodbye.

"Build from the past, live in the present, and ignore the future. What you do now determines what happens later" -Phoenix

md1
02-11-2001, 10:13 PM
DIE... :eek:

"when you expect your oppoent to yield/you also should avoid hurting him"

MonkeySlap Too
02-11-2001, 11:41 PM
Pull my knife and stab him in the neck.

Then commit suicide over the fact that I was so stupid to let that happen in the first place.

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.

Scott
02-12-2001, 05:57 AM
Great idea Northern

Mine was to slowly hit the seat back button if you have automatic seats and slowly crush him with the might of your hydraulic motored seat!!
-Scott

"You have to consider the possibility that god does not like you; he never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. It is not until we have lost everything that we can do anything."

Kyo Sa Nim Moore
02-13-2001, 07:02 PM
I would probably try to use the back of my head to head butt him if the strangle hold wasn't extremely tight and he was leaning over the seat. Generally, however, I would try to turn my head to the side to avoid being choked, and then try to slip some fingers under the cord/wire/seatbelt/etc. and slip out. I'd then proceed to run because it is hard to fight in a car.

This is a crazy situation though, more than likely you should be ready for something if a person like this was in your backseat.

oldwolf
02-13-2001, 09:45 PM
I'd tell my wife to stop ****ing about.

You think I'm joking? :D

"And the crowd called out for more"

brassmonkey
02-14-2001, 08:54 AM
Man this is a tough situation if your already caught with something around your neck, especially some type of wire that can cut also. First thing I would do is to lower the chin down as far as possible restricting your attacker from fully cutting your throat from edge to edge. The other advice with slamming your breaks would probably be the best way to dislodge your opponent if dont violently enough.

Easy Rider
02-15-2001, 03:59 AM
If it was for my life, i would use my blade too. After all, you don't have the time for fancy stuff in a situation like that, and a knive will work definitely.

02-21-2001, 03:47 PM
I am not a blackbelt so perhaps i may not be as informed as other people but i think in asituation like that your first action should be to put your hand to your throat to take pressure off your air way then perhaps slamming on the brakes if you are driving or reaching around to strike ur attacker if you are parked with an elbow or finger gouge to the eyes whatever is convenient

brassmonkey
02-22-2001, 08:23 AM
Hey with that name Taekwondoman I expected to see you say to do some sort of kick, shows my ignorance, good post

02-23-2001, 07:01 AM
Ever since watching the movie "Urban Legands", I always check the back seat when I get into my car. ALWAYS.

There have been times when I've discovered an ax wielding maniac in the back seat and I kindly asked him or her to leave and find themselves an unsuspecting victim. The feel a little disappointed but always comply because their cover is blown. I do hope that their feelings haven't been hurt too much.

But getting strangled by a rope or chain by someone in the back seat only happens to secret agents and detectives. I'm neither so I don't have to worry. As a result, I don't carry a laser in my wrist watch or ejector seats to deal with the potential of this threat.

But say, if Im a secret agent and in this scenario, well, a georgous model (blond, brunette or dark hair) for a partner would run to my rescue and save my life in a nic of time (although she will be wearing high heals - it is a mandatory dress code). In any case, it is not politically correct to kill a secret agent anymore. Here's the reason why:

As a result of the end of the Cold War, secret agents (like the giant panda, great ardvark of the amazon and brown & white bear) have been put on the endangered specise list.

Ego Energize!
Maximus Maximize!

Highlander
02-25-2001, 09:30 PM
O.K. Here's something I didn't see posted.

If you can get to the persons hands with anything sharp (keys, pen, etc.) attack the attacker. If you can't and the car is running, hit the gas. If it's not running, get it running and hit the gas. Then wreck the car. Try to hit something such that the bulk of the impact hits the back seat. Most likely the attacker is not buckled in, you should be.

After all, this person is trying to kill you. If you are unsuccessful you won't need a car anyway. And your heirs are just going to sell it for beer money anyway.

Zhin
02-25-2001, 10:09 PM
My brother actually did this to me, way back when I was in high school. Without the rope of course.

Despite seeming paranoid, you really should always check the back seat when you get in the car. The first moments of opening the door and getting in the car are extremely vunerable to attack from any direction.

I read about a "reality shooting" competition, where you got in a car, drove it around the course, and got out popping people. Only one guy completed it, and it's because he looked in the back seat after one of the outside runs. Apparently he worked with the criminally insane. Everyone else "died".

As to what I would do, well... I don't have a car, so I don't worry about it much.

soy
02-26-2001, 07:40 AM
If I thought that I was definetly going to be killed if I didnt do something I would Pull the emergency brake and when the thing had loosened i would stick my arm up to keep it from coming back down.. while using my left arm to spin the car around and hopefully smashing the back area into something hard.. or if I could I would open the car door and jam.. depending on where I was of course.

Fish of Fury
02-27-2001, 11:14 AM
drive off a cliff.
that'll teach the *******

SifuAbel
02-27-2001, 12:29 PM
You are missing a choice one. Use the cigarette lighter. Burn a quarter size hole in the guy's hand. THEN DO A SPINNING HOOK KICK.

I think noticing the broken glass on the floor or the car alarm going off should be a good tip.

Its dangerous to think you are immortal.
sifuabel@aol.com

Highlander
02-27-2001, 06:14 PM
SifuAbel .... I considered the lighter, but it takes too darn long to heat up. Also, unless you are extremely accurate with the spinning hook kick you are endanger of breaking your dome light. It would be better to do a backward thrusting spear hand threw the seat into a reverse monkey steals the peach.

SifuAbel
02-28-2001, 02:13 AM
Throw some smoke bombs and mysteriously disappear.
The smoke clears and he's on the curb tied up as you drive away.Ï

sifuabel@aol.com

Highlander
02-28-2001, 05:45 PM
SifuAbel ........ The Surgeon General has determined that smoking bombs can be hazardous to your health. What is the point of surviving the attack if 80 years from now you develop a cough or a nasty rash or something because of it? Get real, your solution may sound cool, but it's just too dangerous!!!!!! That's why we never see it in the UFC.

SifuAbel
02-28-2001, 09:58 PM
You made a typo. It's not smoking bombs that give you cancer, it's smoking bongs that give you cancer. The g/b mistake on the keyboard is easy to make. ;)

Solution:

Ninja trick numba# 45B12
(in cuban thats pronounced Fo Fi B Twell)
Pack a.45 and take a B12.

sifuabel@aol.com

SifuAbel
03-02-2001, 12:53 PM
Most new cars have keyless entry. This can be rigged with a device that shoots knock out gas on command so any unsuspecting attackers would be zapped before you got in your car.

The same can work with the onstar system.
"good morning, please enter security code"
"uh.... uh..... oh geez"
"code incorrect" Car doors lock.
"10 seconds to nerve gas release".
After the guy is out, onstar can even call the cops.

May not be good for forgetfull people.

sifuabel@aol.com

kwang
03-15-2001, 05:46 AM
Depending on where his head was. If the attackers head was behind mine, I would thrusts my thumbs backward into his eyesockets and push until he let go. If that wasn't working or not possible, i would go with Northern's idea.

Kwang

inyo
03-25-2001, 07:04 AM
**** bricks xxxx---are you serious??

inyo
03-25-2001, 07:06 AM
**** bricks xxxx---are you serious??

ansgenius1
03-28-2001, 12:30 AM
Before entering your car, especially at night, you should check under your car and in the back seat. There could be an attacker underneath your car waiting to cut your tendons so that you can't run.

CLFNole
03-29-2001, 10:57 PM
Come on isn't everyone forgetting to push the 007 eject button and fly away to safety.

Peace.

Dragonhand
04-03-2001, 02:09 PM
Is this for real?

Weapon-Maker
04-14-2001, 08:04 PM
This one's easy,floor-it and ram the car into a tree (sideways-passenger side).When he hits the floor grab your blade and finish him. Next.......

Laine Nakachi
04-28-2001, 08:29 AM
For the people who practice the martial arts regardless , of styles or systems. We need to be prepared for anything.

What I would do is try to grab whatever it is , the person is choking me with.And try to free myself.And from there hit the breaks to stop the car.From there really hurt the assailant.Ofcoarse,getting out of the car first , then doing my damages on the assailant .

But depends on the situation, us human beings,were all born with instincts.If a particular person behaves,in a way that makes your hair stand up. Then you know to be aware ,of that person.If the car is moving,stop in a safe place . Then handle the situation,the way I described in this reply post to the topic .

So as pratitioners of the martial arts.We must all think of these situations.It can happen to anybody.Any place , and at any time.These are what we can call street defense situations.And that's where the usage of your own martial techniques come into the situation. Take Care.

Sil Lum Kuen

Internal Boxer
04-28-2001, 06:40 PM
I would breakdown my molecular compostion, and rematerialize in the pub, Beam me up Scotty :cool: