PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty warriors 2 and those fuggin cool samurai games

Nutt'nhunny
10-12-2001, 09:14 PM
not to mention Tenchu 3 (-----drooling, I can't wait.

I really want to buy a psx2, except that I don't have much money right now. Ok, but if I can, is it worth it to get a ps2 or is there better technology coming out that will make it outdated as soon as I buy it. They are about 300 bucks. I hear of all these better systems. What to do?

1. psx2 is also a dvd player. Which is great except that I already have a dvd player. Also any newer game systems will also be dvd/cd players.

2. psx2 can play playstation games making my current playstation games still good. However I don't know if I'll be able to sell the old playstation to anybody.

I could rent or rent games and take them to a friends house, but no, thats just plain bizzare for a guy in his mid 20's.

Well folks....are they worth it?

RedDragon
10-12-2001, 11:39 PM
talk to ralek my friend, talk to ralek

but my opinion is the ps2 and get the xbox, its gonna have some awsome games, its gotta dvd player, and u can play online with it if u have dsl or cable and its $300, and if u like games with famous characters like mario and zelda and stuff then get the nintendo gamecube but it doesnt have the dvd player and its $200, both come out in early november, i got a ps2 and well im just really dissapointed, my personal fav is the xbox and thats my recommendation

"United We Stand, Divided We Fall."

Silumkid
10-12-2001, 11:49 PM
Well, I have a PS2 and I dig it. I have seen live demos of XBox and don't really see that big of a difference. I have understood that XBox will have a 10gig hard drive though, eliminating needs for memory cards....thats a plus.

Don't bother getting PS2 if you need a DVD/game combo....many of my DVD's have compatibility problems with PS2. I understand that there will be a DVD upgrade available for PS2, but why bother?

As far as getting rid of your old PS, some game places will buy it back from you and give you a credit amount towards a new system. Call your local video game stores and see if they offer a buyback program.

We are trained in wushu; we must protect the Temple!

Shaolin
10-12-2001, 11:53 PM
Instead of sittin around gettin fat (if your not already) and bein lazy, get your butt off the floor and train. there's allways someone better. :mad:

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Silumkid
10-12-2001, 11:57 PM
Hope that wasn't at me...otherwise I'd have to point out some things that might make you cry.

:cool:

We are trained in wushu; we must protect the Temple!

Nutt'nhunny
10-13-2001, 01:00 AM
I decided that there are 3 awesome games I want to beat. Tenchu 3, Kenji 2, and Bouncer and a few of those samurai games.

Sooo, I'll simply buy a memory card for 20 bucks. Rent a playstation for a weekend - 7 dollars a day plus three for a new game. 10 bucks a day. I figure 2-4 days per game.

so thats around 120 bucks max.

Also I can play at my friends house, so that could cut it down to bucks total.

Compare at 300 for a game, 20 for a controller and 250 for 5 games. I think I'll just get the frickin card and do the same for the x box. I don't often play but when I do I usually do it durring recouperation and its a two day ordeal. I was sucked into the last tenchu for 2 days and 3 days for fear effect 2. I'm not the kind that comes home everyday and plays video games. I type this crap, email and then I'm off.

Drunken Monkey
10-14-2001, 01:49 AM
Yeah, abut the xbox stuff, i heard that the only difference is that xbox has more power.

and the games and stuff, that doesnt matter because all games will be compatible with all three systems. But the psx2 has all the game producers, idol minds, activision, etc.

Besides, i love my psx2 and the dvd player works with all of my dvds

its your choice do whatever