PDA

View Full Version : Anyone catch the Toughman finals last night?

rogue
05-05-2001, 01:56 AM
Both heavy weight and light heavy weight were won by guys with zero, and I mean zero technique.

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
Louis L'Amour

Sharky
05-05-2001, 02:00 AM
NO! I really wanna see this i keep hearing about it! Its just normal people beating the hell out of each of other yea? Fantastic.

It's on sky 1 in the UK, but i always miss it, and dunno when it's on. Can any other person living in the uk tell me?

Edd

old jong
05-05-2001, 02:04 AM
Anybody have seen "So you think you're tough and you wanna fight?" event? Really funny!...Much more entertaining than that UFC thing! :D

C'est la vie!

bil jong
05-05-2001, 02:05 AM
hardbody rules. bottom line or top line!

rogue
05-05-2001, 02:19 AM
I was going for the Rattler.

And these are the folks we're more than likely to fight against.

But there were no body shots. That amazed me. Nothing to the ribs or gut, just head shots.

Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble. It sounds swell when you write about it, but it's hell when you meet it face to face in a dark and lonely place.
Louis L'Amour

Budokan
05-05-2001, 04:07 AM
I watched a little bit of it. It's good for a laugh, not much else.

K. Mark Hoover

SevenStar
05-06-2001, 01:00 AM
Rogue, I've noticed that many untrained fighters and "street fighters" are head hunters. I guess they see that as a main area for knockouts and inflicting pain. It's also what they are used to. When was the last time you saw an untrained fighter use a leg kick, or even think about his opponents legs unless he was trying to tackle him? It's also an ego booster. I don't think they think about that during the fight, but afterwards, I've had people tell me thing like "Yeah, I gave gim a black eye", or "I busted his lip open", but never "Yeah, I nailed him in the solar plexus" even if they did, they never mentioned it.

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; A fool speaks because he has to say something."

rogue
05-06-2001, 02:18 AM
When I took Hakkoryu JJ we practiced redirecting haymakers, as time went on we practiced full speed. The reason was as you said it's a fav of streetfighters, sensei was a bouncer and it was the opening move to almost every bar fight he ever witnessed. It's also a move that MA don't practice against very often, after all it's not efficient and it telegraphs, right? It's also the move that probably drops most MA.

Louis L'Amour

Tigerstyle
05-06-2001, 04:08 AM
Shouldn't this be in "Other Related Arts". Or is that just meant as an exile for BJJ/NHB?

Hypocrites (sp?) ;)

Sharky
05-06-2001, 04:09 AM
who cares