PDA

View Full Version : focus/concentration

mtod1
08-11-2003, 05:11 PM
Hi all, hope everyone is well.

Does anyone have any practical exercises for maintaining focus when running through drills or sparring. I find that every now and again my focus will be good then I'll blink or lose concentration for a second and get hit in the nose etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Seeya

yuanfen
08-11-2003, 05:39 PM
Doing slt correctly and often.

Mr Punch
08-11-2003, 05:52 PM
Yuanfen's idea is good, but often fails to help people when somebody's hands are flying at them...!

However, if you keep 'blinking and losing concentration', I would suggest getting hit in the nose is just what you need to stop this!!!:D

The flatter your nose gets, the less it should happen! If this isn't the case, you're doing something wrong!!:D :p

yuanfen
08-11-2003, 06:25 PM
Blocking with the nose is a secret technique Mat.
Dont give the pearls away.

Phenix
08-11-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by mtod1
Hi all, hope everyone is well.

Does anyone have any practical exercises for maintaining focus when running through drills or sparring. I find that every now and again my focus will be good then I'll blink or lose concentration for a second and get hit in the nose etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Seeya

relax.
your eyes blink to tell you you abide and tensing too much.

S.Teebas
08-11-2003, 11:29 PM
Work on focusing with your body during SLT (not dreaming you're focusing, but actually doing it).

old jong
08-12-2003, 07:09 AM
Do SLT focussing on the motions.If you can do it "slow" and keep the focus without starting to daydream...You got it...And more!....;)

Your nose will be safe!...:D

old jong
08-12-2003, 07:11 AM
We are correct!...:cool:

Phenix
08-12-2003, 07:25 AM
Look at these cute pokemon and see if you blink?

http://www.pokemon.com/

Stare at these sharp knives and see if you blink ?

http://www.knightsedge.com/knives.htm

What is the feeling, why?

What do you feel if the whole world's martial art fighters are no different then those Pokectmonster?