PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Ralek, real kung fu guys in your area.

count
08-11-2003, 06:32 PM
This is right in your neck of the woods and a real opportunity to see and try out some Traditional Chinese Martial arts. Sure wish I could go.

Follow this link for directions. (http://www.emptyflower.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi/YaBB.cgi?board=seminar;action=display;num=10606257 53)

Maybe Empty flower is lockin out KFM?

Master Liu Xiao Ling will be teaching a two part seminar on the Ba Zi Gong in September and October. Part one will be Septemeber 21, in Gaithersburg Maryland. More info later today!

Check the events section at Empty Flower (http://www.emptyflower.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi/YaBB.cgi#xing) For details and updates.

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-11-2003, 07:14 PM
are you trying to make me feel bad by putting up a link and then telling me im not allowed to access it?

count
08-11-2003, 07:18 PM
Try the second link and click on the events and seminars section. This would be so much fun to participate in. Wish I could go. :(

planetwc
08-12-2003, 08:29 PM
I thought he was an urban legend nowadays, or that he trolled on to somewhere else.

PHILBERT
08-13-2003, 10:44 AM
He was here a few weeks ago, now he is gone. This thread might be gone too.

So to keep the thread alive, what is Ba Zi Gong? I have a feeling its an internal martial art.

Shaolin-Do
08-13-2003, 10:50 AM
Ba Zi Gong - Xingyi's Fighting Drills

SevenStar
08-13-2003, 11:15 AM
Never fear, ralek's still here... maybe more often than some of you realize...

Shaolin-Do
08-13-2003, 11:43 AM
"Never fear, ralek's still here... maybe more often than some of you realize..."

*HINT HINT*

:eek:

count
08-13-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
Never fear, ralek's still here... maybe more often than some of you realize...
We'll he/they may be here, but he/they will never be there. To much good kung fu. ;)

PHILBERT
08-13-2003, 03:00 PM
He might be there and no one here would know it. How many members of KFO are planning on attending? Suppose Ralek does show up, chances are he'd be the only KFO member that goes there, no one else would know it. Heck I could go there if I lived in Maryland, and I fit Ralek's profile. Im 20, about 6', around 175 with dark hair and light to medium build. He could be there and as long as he doesn't say BJJ, no one would suspect a thing. I think Ralek is a fake troll. A troll, but he doesn't believe his own stuff. I think he really does practice Kung Fu and that someone else here is him for fun. I remember one Star Wars forum, 3 guys created a female personality to tease the men there and succeeding until the admins banned all 3 of them.

rubthebuddha
08-13-2003, 03:29 PM
i think sometimes ralek does bjj, and sometimes does kung fu. there are plenty of schools of each over near him, so neither would be difficult to study. it's like multiple personality disorder. maybe the different personalities of ralek should beat each other up. ;)

WanderingMonk
08-13-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
it's like multiple personality disorder. maybe the different personalities of ralek should beat each other up. ;)

Is that possible? How would it work? would one personality control the left side and the other the right side? or would one control the upper body while the other control the lower.

It sure make an interesting fight. how one would be able to intercept the other intent and counter. The other would intercept the counter and counter. It will be like playing chess against oneself.

so, nothing would happen. right? :)

wm

SevenStar
08-13-2003, 09:49 PM
The left side of him would use bjj and the right would use kung fu. The left side would double leg the right, and once on the ground, the right side would use short power to stun the left. It would be a great match.

Laughing Cow
08-13-2003, 09:52 PM
Naah, won't happen.

Neither side will show up for the fight, but insist afterwards how chicken the other side was and how it got trashed.

:D

count
08-26-2003, 01:37 PM
It's your chance to see some real kung fu "dancers" right by your house.

Master Liu Xiaoling will be teaching the Ba Zi Gong (Eight Character Skills) in two seminars. The first will be on September 21, 2003 beginning at 11 AM.

The seminar will be held in Gaithersburg, Maryland at Seneca Creek Park, in an open sided pavilion (built to hold about 100 people). The weather should be good, but this will allow us to hold the seminar amidst the beauty of the woods rain or shine.

Cost is $75.00, which includes lunch and refreshment.

PHILBERT
08-26-2003, 04:20 PM
If it were here in Dallas, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Too bad they don't offer seminars often here reasonably priced. The only seminars I find in the area usually are around $200+.

WanderingMonk
08-26-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by PHILBERT
If it were here in Dallas, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Too bad they don't offer seminars often here reasonably priced. The only seminars I find in the area usually are around $200+.

May be you can make it to the next Taiji Legacy seminar series in 2004 although I am not sure how far Dallas is from Arlington Convention Center (which is where it was held this year and I assume that is the area where this series is generally held at).

The 2003 Taiji Legacy seminar was $15 for each ticket featuring guys like John Wang (shuai jiao). You can't beat this deal. I wish I could have gone.

Here's a run down of Mr. Wang's 2 seminars this year.

Combat Shuai Chiao - Defense

- Retrieve foot work (long distance backward jump)
- Defense against:
- straight punch
- hook punch
- front kick and side kick
- round house kick
- above knee
- below knee
- shooting
- before he gets your leg
- after he gets your leg
- front embracing (head twisting)
- back embracing (Mahua - leg twisting)
- matching kick (leg blocking)
- leg seizing (cracking)
- head lock (eyebrow mopping pulling)
- hip throw (leg blocking)

Combat Shuai Chiao - Offense

- Advance foot work (move back leg close to front leg then move front leg)
- One man drill on "tree kicking"
- Two men drill on 'knee stepping"
- Enter his kicking range
- Enter his punching range
- Move into his front door
- Move into his side door
- Kick, punch, grab, throw, follow on strikes combination:
- helmet remove (smash head to the ground)
- chopping with triangle elbow lock (knee drop on the chest)
- diagonal pulling with shoulder lock (knee drop on the shoulder)
- leg seizing, inner leg hooking (knee drop to the groin)
- matching kick, leg blocking
- Mahua (leg twisting)
- tearing by running around and behind and throw him backward by "knee seizing" if he "resists" you (elbow drop on the throat).
- tearing by running around and behind and throw him forward by "neck mopping" if he "follows" you (knee drop on the head).
========
edit:

The event is run by the Chin Woo organization and here's their contact info. If you are interested, you should contact them to find out the location and time for the next seminar.

Chin Woo Tournament Inc
1778 N. Plano Rd. Suite 108
Richardson, TX 75081
972-680-7888 (ph)
972-680-7889 (f)
http://www.chinwoo.com

count
09-07-2003, 07:29 AM
Rolls,
I see you have been around the last couple of days and I didn't want you to miss this. :D

Ralek
09-07-2003, 09:09 AM
well just so you all know i live in Pennsylvania now. And 75 dollars!!!!! That's a little pricy. Shaolin Tiger fought me for free. Driving all the way down to gaithersburg to pay 75 dollars isn't my idea of fighitng.

Unless they will fight for free. and i can't start posts becuase they get deleted by Kung lek.

count
09-07-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Ralek
well just so you all know i live in Pennsylvania now. And 75 dollars!!!!! That's a little pricy. Shaolin Tiger fought me for free. Driving all the way down to gaithersburg to pay 75 dollars isn't my idea of fighitng.

Unless they will fight for free. and i can't start posts becuase they get deleted by Kung lek.
:rolleyes:
Maybe you can go home and visit your mommy. I will pay the $75 for you to attend if you come here and post what you learned.

PHILBERT
09-07-2003, 10:08 PM
Wandering Monk, I actually live in Arlington, I've been to the convention center several times but could not attend the last Taiji Legacy because of work and I needed $$. Not to mention they have several seminars, and I would not be able to determine which I would like to attend.

Shaolin-Do
09-07-2003, 10:35 PM
Mr. Wang teaches in austin :)

PHILBERT
09-07-2003, 10:42 PM
Is he related to Master Hung Wei Lo?

norther practitioner
09-08-2003, 09:38 AM
I thought that you first had to pay like $50 to register, then each seminar was $15...
Anyhow... were you there wm?

MasterKiller
09-08-2003, 09:42 AM
$55 to register + $15 per seminar.

WanderingMonk
09-08-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by norther practitioner
I thought that you first had to pay like $50 to register, then each seminar was $15...
Anyhow... were you there wm?

No, I can't go. I am in the East Coast and really short on money. But, seriously, fifty-five dollars for registeration and fifteen dollars additional for each seminar is a big steal.

If I live closer and win the lottery, I'll make sure I attend. :)

wm