PDA

View Full Version : How hokey does this book look?

IronFist
08-12-2003, 10:47 PM
Power Development For Kung Fu (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3621440881&category=16044).

What do you think? Sounds Pavelish with all his "nervous system" talk.

I want to buy it just for the "double your money back" guarantee. :D

The funny part is that this guy has "Power Development" books for every sport you could imagine here (http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=74074449&ssPageName=L2), and all the descriptions are the same, except for the sport name which gets changed.

He even has a book for Korfball (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3621440840&category=undefined). Wtf is korfball?

IronFist

Laughing Cow
08-12-2003, 11:01 PM
Korfball (http://www.pref.akita.jp/tiiki/wg2001/eng/sports/korfball.html)

Ford Prefect
08-13-2003, 07:14 AM
Save your cash. I'd say it'd just be a rehash of info for you:

If you want more power lift heavy to get stronger, lift light explosively, perform plyometrics, and perform the action you want to be quicker at a lot. You can PM me to find out where to send your $10 to. ;)

rubthebuddha
08-13-2003, 11:28 AM
A team scores a goal when the ball falls through the opposing team's korf. sounds a bit too publicly intimate for my tastes, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

IronFist
08-13-2003, 06:10 PM
I emailed him and asked him if all his book were the same since the descriptions for them were all the same. Here is his reply:

(name omitted),

Thank you for reading our eBay descriptions and sending your inquiry.

All of our power programs are similar, but none are identical. That's because each program develops power in a way appropriate for athletes from a particular sport. Each sport has its own unique physiological profile, and that profile has been incorporated into our power program for that sport.

I hope this answers your question and, if so, that you will Buy It Now! I look forward to shipping your purchase.

Sincerely,
Philip Clark

I didn't omit his name because it's present in the auction description.

At least I got a polite email response within very little time. That's a lot more than I can say for a lot of the sellers I've emailed.

IronFist

Bladerunner
08-14-2003, 04:07 PM
my god he has like a books on a million different things lol

Jook Lum
08-14-2003, 09:50 PM
I would say save your money too!All the things i have read about fast and slow muscle fibers say that the number of fast and slow twitch muscle fibers each person has is different for each person and is dependant upon genetics.Also you cannot create(or build ) more fast or slow fibers in your muscles, you can only improve the response of the number you already have by training to to increase the explosiveness of the fast twitch fibers and the endurance of the slow twitch fibers.

IronFist
08-14-2003, 09:55 PM
I'm not going to buy it, I was just wondering if they were all the same.

IronFist

rubthebuddha
08-15-2003, 09:59 AM
ironfist -- shaddap and go eat your four-cheeseburger lunch, ya big fatty. :D

IronFist
08-15-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
ironfist -- shaddap and go eat your four-cheeseburger lunch, ya big fatty. :D

Oh man, Hungry Man just came out with some new dinners... Chicken Quesadilla and cheese and bacon potatos, Beer battered chicken and cheese fries, and a couple other ones. I was so happy when I walked into Super Walmart and saw those :D :D :D :D They've all got like 35-45g of protein and 600-900 calories or so.

Then there's this other one called "Pulled Pork" that is this pork sandwhich and some other things, but it only has like 7g of protein. I was like, what the hell? :confused: :confused: I thought pork had more protein than that.

Mmmm... food...

IronFist

abobo
08-15-2003, 04:46 PM
Eating is very important to me, but frozen dinners are #1 on my list of things not to buy.

rubthebuddha
08-17-2003, 01:56 AM
ironfist's metabolism is so fast, he burns up those 600 calories just ripping the packaging off a frozen dinner. it doesn't matter what he eats.

Royal Dragon
08-17-2003, 07:00 PM
ironfist's metabolism is so fast, he burns up those 600 calories just ripping the packaging off a frozen dinner. it doesn't matter what he eats.

Reply]
I wish "I" had a Metabolism like that! :(