PDA

View Full Version : Preffered 1st Attack

Shaolin-Do
08-13-2003, 12:53 PM
Just curious who likes to open up with what...
:)

Judge Pen
08-13-2003, 12:56 PM
I prefer to launch counter-attacks and my target usually ends up being around the floating ribs or the solor plexus depending on their attack.

norther practitioner
08-13-2003, 12:56 PM
I would have just said a low kick... which could translate into a sweep or sweep/throw, or if there body is open it might sneak up to the stomach/waist/upper thigh area.

Shaolin-Do
08-13-2003, 01:02 PM
I usually open with either a low kick, followed closely by a high punch that will translate into a sweep/throw. or just high punch closely followed by low kick/sweep/throw.
:)

Surferdude
08-13-2003, 01:05 PM
1 punch is all I need:eek: :D

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-13-2003, 02:20 PM
nose is good. throat too, but i think it might be easier to hit the nose.

if they have their gaurd up i'd probably just go straight for the body since thats where all my power shots are anyway.

attacks to the ankles and knees are good in theory, and i believe in practice, but i'd likely not open with them.

chen zhen
08-13-2003, 02:26 PM
I guess a low-kick would be under the body-kick caregory..
:confused:

SevenStar
08-13-2003, 02:36 PM
Whatever I have a shot at first.

Water Dragon
08-13-2003, 02:39 PM
Midgets. I'm definately going with midgets.

Shaolin-Do
08-13-2003, 02:44 PM
would kicking a midget in the chest/head be considered a low kick?

neit
08-13-2003, 02:51 PM
my first technique is almost always a slap/for-knuckle strike to the opponents arm. i even do this when planning a leg kick. i'm too slow to hit someone with out getting their defense out of the way first.

PHILBERT
08-13-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
Whatever I have a shot at first.

Ikken Hisatsu
08-14-2003, 12:05 AM
depends really. If it is against someone who doesnt pose much of a threat I would probably go for the old chest/gut kick. versus a great big bruiser with arms like tree trunks I would run away :D

Repulsive Monkey
08-14-2003, 12:19 AM
That which means I don't need to carry on with the fight.

CrippledAvenger
08-14-2003, 12:44 AM
Before I started dabbling in Shuai Chiao, I'd say "head punch", just because that's where my jab would be, hoping to set up a combo, but....

After I started dabbling in Shuai Chiao, I'd say the only opening attack I think I had a chance succeeding at was a shoulder grab into "Shaving".

WaterDragon's midgets are surprisingly agile, and skilled in both the correctness and the chi-blast. I never stood a chance. :(

Oso
08-14-2003, 04:21 AM
why fight if you have fighting midgets at your disposal.

I sit back and have beautiful women (well, at least one) feed me grapes and rub oil on my body.:cool:

Ray Pina
08-14-2003, 06:36 AM
I attack their guard. If no guard I draw out a guard and attack that.

Hit door, open door, strike ... keep my door closed.

I don't like greedy opening moves ... just going for the head with a kick or punch ... Don't you train to stop just this soft of thing?

Judge Pen
08-14-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
would kicking a midget in the chest/head be considered a low kick?

Depends on how high the midget was jumping at the time.

TjD
08-14-2003, 09:48 AM
is throwing a midget at them considered a throw or a midget attack?

MasterKiller
08-14-2003, 09:53 AM
Elbow to the jaw/sternum, depending on what is available after their first move.

Water Dragon
08-14-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by EvolutionFist
I If no guard I draw out a guard and attack that.

If the door's already open, why close it and ring the doorbell?

Ray Pina
08-14-2003, 11:17 AM
I do not offer a guard. I keep my lead hand slightly extended, just above my waist = no guard. I'll punch any straight punch from below, from the wrist all the way up to the bicep depending on the situation and what is afforded.

If it's a hook, the hands come up into Tiger Hands to get inside and strike from there.

Because of this I'll throw a strike to force the other to extend, to reahc out, give me a bridge.

Tai Boxers often leave their guard open. It's a trap and one would be foolish to think they can just walk right in, or strike to that open space -- it closes real quick.

The weakness I see in a lot of schools is the idea that they can just open up with a high round house kick or go for the kill shot right off the bat. No better than the drunk's hay maker. Do they have power? Of course? But if you can just go in and hit the guy like that, you're waisting your time, playing with someone who isn't that good. IMHO.

CaptinPickAxe
08-14-2003, 05:00 PM
I prefer the element of surprise. for instance, I'll buy my foe a drink. If he still suspects me of any ill thoughts, I'll let him bed my sister. No man will suspect what will come next. A swift chop to the thigh, an elbow to the arm pit, and a powerfull hip thrust to the back of the head. POW! He never knew he was just kung-fued.

keep your friends close, and buy your foes a drink.:D