PDA

View Full Version : Martial Artist on the Street

apeters28
02-16-2001, 02:30 AM
Who would win in a fight between a tough street fighter with no experience, and a well trained martial artist with no street experience but a lot of sparring experience?

Budokan
02-16-2001, 02:46 AM
There are so many factors to consider it would be almost impossible to answer this question. Either person could win depending on the circumstances. I think you're trying to figure out who is best regarding their skills, but the question simply can't be answered.

K. Mark Hoover

Lucky Red
02-16-2001, 03:21 AM
it all comes down to the cirkumstances but my money would be on the Street Fighter (if we talk
About that Regulary Fight on the street)

beacause i have discovered that Sparring gives
you many many flaws like youre being too Nice
you dont go all the way Like a Street Fighter

the Hardest Fight is the the one With yourself

rogue
02-16-2001, 05:01 AM
How can a "tough street fighter" not have any experience?

JerryLove
02-16-2001, 05:31 AM
What is a street fighter with no experience?

You mean an experienced fighter with no training vs a trained fighter with no experience?

apeters28
02-16-2001, 06:38 AM
ok a tough street fighter with experience and a martial artist with not a lot of street fighting experience but has sparring experience

Highlander
02-26-2001, 09:53 PM
The tough street fighter with experience would win, no doubt in my mind.

A tough street fighter is a trained fighter, just not formally trained. It is like teaching a person to swim by pushing them off the end of the dock and saying sink or swim. They will learn to swim quickly and the more they swim the better they will become, but they will never become world class swimmers. Likewise the person that spend the time with the belly board perfecting their kick, and does the drills isolating their arms is on a path that will go much ****her than the self taught swimmer. However until they actually get into the water and swim, the self taught swimmer has the advantage. However a tough street fighter against a MA with equal experience, the MA will win. But equal experience does not mean equal time training. The MA will have to train longer.

Kyo Sa Nim Moore
02-27-2001, 12:15 AM
What about a martial arts master or grandmaster against an experienced street fighter? I would put my money on the martial artist in this context simply because many martial artists beyond the black belt level fight full-contact anyway, and many masters fight no-holds-barred.