PDA

View Full Version : Shen Wu Kung Fu Tournament

CrippledAvenger
08-14-2003, 01:11 AM
I don't know if this has been pstoted recentl y (now a little drunk form my birthday,but) sounds interesting:

SECOND ANNUAL SHEN WU ACADEMY OF MARTIAL ARTS INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT

Please notice the change of date:

THE SHEN WU ACADEMY OF MARTIAL ARTS WILL BE HOLDING A TOURNAMENT OF MARTIAL ARTS ON SEPTEMBER 28, 2003.

Rules:

1. Fighters will be paired off by weight and experience.

2. All fights will consist of two three minute rounds, with a one minute rest period between fights.

3. Fighters will fight one time only.

4. Legal techniques include:

* All hand strikes to the head (except finger strikes to the eyes) and body are allowed.
* No elbow strikes are allowed.
* Knee strikes to the body (no knees to the head).
* Kicks anywhere on the head or body (except the groin).
* All throwing and take down techniques are allowed (with the exception of throws that aim to land the fighter on his head).
* Ground fighting: With the exception of small digit locks (to the fingers and toes) all joint lock submissions, chokes and strangles, and pressure techniques are allowed. Neck cranks which press the fighters chin straight toward his chest are allowed (no twisting head cranks are allowed)
* Fighters can strike with the hands while on the ground to any part of the head or body. No elbows, knees or kicks/stomps while one or both fighters are on the ground.
* Standing fighters may only strike their opponent with their hands if the other fighter has a knee or hand on the mat, or is lying prone.
* A prone fighter may not kick a standing fighter from the ground.

Scoring:

The winner of the fight is determined by points, knockout or submission.

* One point will be awarded for any solid blow: palm, punch, knee or kick.
* Takedowns: A clean throw or takedown that lands the opponent with force, and ends with the thrower in a position of control will score three points. A throw or takedown that causes the opponent to land without force, and ends without the thrower in a position of control will score two points.
* Ground Fighting: Three points will be awarded for a guard pass to side control. Two points will be awarded for the knee on belly position. Four points will be awarded for top and back mount. Any sweep or reversal of position (from bottom to top) will be awarded two points. All positions must be held for three seconds before points are awarded.
* During ground fighting, if fighters are locked in a position and there is no action (either offensive or defensive) for 30 seconds, the fighters will be issued a warning. Continued stalling will result in a restart in the standing position.
* The fights will be scored by a panel of three judges, and will be controlled by a referee on the mat.
* Infractions of any rule will result in a warning. A second infraction results in immediate disqualification.
* All fighters must wear a cup (provided by individual fighters), as well as headgear and shin guards (provided by the Academy).
* Medals will be awarded to the winners.

The cost to participate is $25 dollars prepaid, or $30 at the door. Spectators are welcome, there is a $5 admission charge.

The tournament will be held at: Orange County Kickboxing
18241 McDurmott West, Suite B
Irvine, CA 92641

For information, please contact the Shen Wu Academy of Martial Arts at (714) 890-0605, or e mail shenwu1@peoplepc.com

Tim Cartmell is a man who I can respect by reason of his accomplishments, so I felt the need to pass this on. If this is a duplicate then I begyour co llective pardon.

any rate sounds liek both a good competition and a good chance to showcase the Chines martial Arts.

thoughts?

norther practitioner
08-14-2003, 12:28 PM
Happy b-day, and good luck to anyone who fights...

Shaolin-Do
08-14-2003, 12:33 PM
Yes.

Happy birthday.
:)

Only tourny round these parts was when I was gone.
:(