PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Lee vs. A Grizzlie Bear

apeters28
02-25-2001, 04:50 AM
This isn't a joke. If Bruce Lee was camping and was confronted by a bear would he be able to defend himself without running?

Martial Joe
02-25-2001, 05:11 AM
You know bruce wasnt the only good martial artist.,but i would prolly run a cry like a little girl...
unless i had a nice shot gun or something,that would be stupid fighting a bear,and bruce isnt dumb,if he was cornered and had no choice he could do somehting but if the bear got a hold of him it would be all over.

Budokan
02-25-2001, 06:13 AM
Honestly? Probably not. But I'm willing to bet one or more grappler will come along and post that yes, he, would be able to choke out the griz with no trouble at all.

Boy, we get all kinds of questions here, but that's what makes this place so much fun.
;)

K. Mark Hoover

Lucky Red
02-27-2001, 10:41 PM
have you been Watching john salmons Commercial
if u havent u should take a look at it it should be somewhere on this Forum either the general
Kung fu Forum or this one i think the thread
was called Fighting animals and the Author was premier in that Video u can see Bear vs Fisherman
Fight when i saw it i almost laughed to death

The Killer Bee and the Honey Bee have the exact same venom, the only difference is attitude.

Grays Anatomy
03-01-2001, 03:12 PM
That was the most hysterical thing i have seen in a long time! :D :D

old jong
03-02-2001, 03:35 AM
Figthing a bear is nothing! but...What bruce lee would do against a skunk? A serious question!

C'est la vie!

AsianSifu
03-02-2001, 04:22 AM
Bear- Alive
Bruce- Dead

Bears don't eat dead animals so it would be a tie.

I don't have a signature because I have no pen to write it.

diz84
03-03-2001, 01:37 PM
the boxer juan roldan had a fight against a bear.

d

Kong Jianshen
03-04-2001, 06:16 AM
Lets be realstic. Bruce would open his mouth and bellow out "waahhh taaahhh", fly threw the air and kick the bear in the nuts. The bear would fall on the ground gasping for breath while Bruce beats him into a fur coat using his mighty 1-inch punches.

Everyone knows that.

Always seeking to learn,
Kong Jianshen
Humble disciple of the Warrior Arts

catfish
03-04-2001, 09:39 PM
The only art that's street... er...I mean woods...effective against bears and other predators is Brazilian Ju-Jitsu. The Gracie open challenge applied to men, bears, mythological creatures, angels and demons. I'm kidding of course...

-Bill Callahan

William J. Callahan

frosh2786
03-21-2001, 04:45 AM
i have heard some stories about huge russian dudes who used to kill bears with their bare hands. i would like to see a sumo vs a bear...or one of these brazilian jiu jitsu guys with endless egos go against a bear....yo usaid some boxer did, what happened to him?

Fish of Fury
03-22-2001, 12:43 PM
kill with their bear hands? is that an animal style?
i can't bear this thread any more :)

_________________________"I never drive faster than i can see...other than that...it's all in the reflexes" Jack Burton

baji-boy
03-30-2001, 04:10 AM
"i have heard some stories about huge russian dudes who used to kill bears with their bare hands."

Hmmmm...sounds like Zangief(?) from Street Fighter... :D

And about that one commercial, I actually saw it here in the states, when they played "Bear commercials" on ABC World News...it was hilarious! :D

But about the actual question, you know Bruce Lee would HAVE to win...I mean, why wouldn't he? ;) :D

baji-boy
03-30-2001, 04:10 AM
"i have heard some stories about huge russian dudes who used to kill bears with their bare hands."

Hmmmm...sounds like Zangief(?) from Street Fighter... :D

And about that one commercial, I actually saw it here in the states, when they played "Bear commercials" on ABC World News...it was hilarious! :D

But about the actual question, you know Bruce Lee would HAVE to win...I mean, why wouldn't he? ;) :D

"...It means that life
returns, and with life,
pain. Only death is
painless..."-Top of the
World

"He who rides the Tiger
can never dismount..."

frosh2786
03-30-2001, 05:16 AM
haha maybe your right...street fighter? i thought i saw a documentaryu on the history channel or something about siberians who wrestled bears and killed them or something. oh wlel mayube im wrong. so what happened to that boxer who fought a bear?

JWTAYLOR
04-01-2001, 05:43 PM
Asian Sifu, many bears eat carrion.
Polar and black just to name a couple here in the U.S.
That's why it's important to know what kind of bear you are looking at in order to determine your choice of action. Laying down and looking dead may work for a Grizzly, but it's just dinner on a plate for a Black Bear.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Shiro Tora
04-12-2001, 04:38 AM
It depends, if he was out walking and was confronted by a bear i do think he would have the brains to calmly tell the grizzly everything is ok, and slowly back away, and if the bear charges, dont run, because more then likely it is a bluff charge, where they run at you then jus before they get to you they turn around, if it is a black bear, that is a diff story, but if the grizzly came into his camp at night, hopefully he would know that there are only 2 options here, because the grizzly is hunting at that time, thoes options are #1 fight with any and everything you have, till your dieing breath or until the bear stops and leaves, or #2.. simply die.. cause i doubt anyone other then maybe the fastest man in the world could outrun a grizzly at that time. cause at that time YOU are its PREY.

another option if you find him after your beer after coming from fishing during the day with one of your friends, you could always grab a thing of honey and spary it onto your friend, then take the women and when they ask " didn't you have a friend? ".. say " yes " and smile.. lol :D