PDA

View Full Version : An hones question

PAMantis
08-14-2003, 09:48 AM
Please don't flame me or anything, but I have a quiestion about the Body for Life program. I know a lot of you think Bill Philips is a quack, but is there anything to his Body for Life program? I have seen, and know of a few people that have had great success on this program, but is it just a bunch of bullock?

I have just started, and want to know if I'm wasting my time.

Thanks!

PAMantis

rubthebuddha
08-14-2003, 10:45 AM
i personally think the program is good -- i know several people who have successfully made "transformations" in their physiology and general health.

i just think bill phillips is a poke. anything he talks about anymore is associated to a product or service he's selling. i tend to not trust anyone claiming expertise just for financial gain.

PAMantis
08-14-2003, 10:52 AM
Bill Philips=bad

Body for Life=good

Is that right? I know what you mean about everything he says, that's why I don't buy any of his stuff except through discount places, and only the minimal amount, just because I like the Myoplex shakes better than any others.

Ford Prefect
08-14-2003, 10:57 AM
Not bad at all. It's a tried and true straight bodybuilder approach. The diet is the most important part though. You don't need creatine, NO2, Vanadyl Sulfate, ZMA, etc either.

PAMantis
08-14-2003, 11:17 AM
Will any of that hurt? I'm trying to gain the best results as quickly as possible, so that I can continue my MA training 6 days a week. As it is I am so **** sore from the work outs I can hardly bathe.

Ford Prefect
08-14-2003, 11:22 AM
Not really. You could always try creatine since some people have real good results from it. Venadyl Sulfate and fruit juice mixed with the creatine is a real good delivery system. The only think I supp now is protein, glutamine, and EFA's.

BeiTangLang
08-14-2003, 11:38 AM
All I can say is, be carefull not to over-train. I did it & wasted a year due to poor results. Rest is king in the body fitness arena; those who say it isn't are either liars or on steroids.
BTW Creatine ROCKS!

Best of luck to you.
BTL

Shaolin-Do
08-14-2003, 12:06 PM
Personally Ive been staying away from any sort of supplement to help develop better muscle memory, but theres a type of creatine out called "cell tech", its probably the best brand out on the market. Its not just creatine... forgot what all it is... read up on it tho.. or go to GNC. great stuff. Whey protien is really really good too, but its about the same thing as carnation brand instant breakfast. the instant breakfast is way cheaper, just take a multi vitamin with it and youve got yourself cheap whey protien.
:)

Ford Prefect
08-14-2003, 12:30 PM
Shaolin-Do,

All the Cell-Tech offers that other brands don't is a delivery system for the creatine. If you mix regular creatine with a fruit juice (for carbs) and vanadyl sulfate (comes in pill form: 40 mg should suffice) for insuline potentiating effects, then you have a better delivery system at half the price.

IronFist
08-14-2003, 12:46 PM
Have fun doing MA if you're sore from bodybuilding workouts :)

IronFist

rubthebuddha
08-14-2003, 12:47 PM
BTL's right.

speaking of BTL, you need to visit this forum more often. i have nothing to offer to you mantis folks, but you probably have goodness to share here. :)