PDA

View Full Version : Shaolin Ranting

ninja
08-14-2003, 11:12 AM
What is Shaolin Kung fu in New York City all about? There are a handfull of monks on every block. They all teach a hybrid of traditional/ contemporary kung fu. You hardly ever learn an appplication to anything, and when you do it looks exactly like what you learned in your shaolin kempo karate class you took a few years ago. It all began with that Yoga class though huh. Sounded like a good way to meet girls since all the cools guys with those little gelled hair flips got all the hot girls from NYU. So your only chance is to take an expensive Yoga class at Crunch Gym. Then you followed that one girl that would talk to you to The Shaolin Temple. My guess is that you have learned 4 forms all of which are either wushu or contemprary/traditional forms. That girl is now dating some dancer who does the moves better than you even though you have been there twice as long. Basicly you should sign up for a wingchun class and kickboxing at Tiger Shulman's because you will never learn about fighting because you can't afford to pay an additional $125 a month for the sparring class. How many different versions of Shao Hong Chuan are there anyway? Don't answer that because you don't know. So what if you can do a slow tornado kick and land on 1 foot. What are your gonna be attacked in the street with a staff and the guy is gonna swing it at your feet really low like so you can jump over it, kick him in the face, and land on one foot with your hands in tiger's claw. It only works if your xing hong and you've been training since birth. Discipleship? What are you doing? Did you learn a new form or something. Did you think you would learn the dimak? Or the tiger eats dragon and swings his tail southwards towards the moon to meet the diety heroicly? Even if you did you will never learn the application. What does learning an application do for you anyway? Bak Si Lum!!!! Heh!! Who cares about what exactly are the 10 famous shaolin forms. You will only ever learn 4 anyway by the you decide to leave the school because the politics are driving you crazy. But anyway.

MasterKiller
08-14-2003, 01:26 PM
Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays.

Lohan Fury
08-14-2003, 01:33 PM
No, he's having what we call "A Morning"....

norther practitioner
08-14-2003, 01:58 PM
So I'm guessing you don't study with any of the monks... lol...

Nice rant, nothing new, but nice all in the same.

Shaolinlueb
08-14-2003, 11:09 PM
wow. i wasted 2 minutes reading that, that I will never get back in my life.

man dont let the woman get you down.

blooming lotus
08-15-2003, 10:20 AM
should you not find the pearl after 1 or 2
divings,
do not blame the ocean

buddha

ninja
08-15-2003, 01:05 PM
"Blooming Lotus" give me a break.

blooming lotus
08-15-2003, 05:21 PM
fine - I guess I just believe go hard or go home.

For those claiming qi qong, is there anyone here who wears the best of their knowledge and spirit 24/7 U]everyday[/U]...everyday?
.... being a qigong fundamentalist and all?

Will the real slim shady please stand up!!!!!!!!!!!