PDA

View Full Version : Mas Oyama Clips and Kung Fu

fa_jing
08-14-2003, 03:31 PM
http://www.kyokushinmail.com/koya/Kyokushin.htm

So, do you think that there are any parallels between his movement and that of Kung Fu? How would a Kung Fu master do this differently? Can we, as Kung Fu students, learn from these clips?

Golden Arms
08-14-2003, 04:57 PM
Yeah there are parallels...he trained up in the mountains for over a year, practiced single movements 5000+ times in one day, etc. If any martial arts practioner practiced the way he did, there would be no questions as to how to use your art, or 'how do you apply this movement'...but most people dont have his will or determination. That being said..the movies of him show a person that has made the art into 'form of no form' AKA, you can tell he has power and alignment in his moves, yet they flow naturally and are completely improvised based off of what his opponent is doing.

Surferdude
08-14-2003, 05:57 PM
Wow...............:eek: :cool:

fa_jing
08-14-2003, 09:40 PM
He seems to be bursting with power. Fa li or Fa jin or something.

Cheese Dog
08-14-2003, 09:45 PM
Good stuff!

Shaolin-Do
08-15-2003, 09:42 AM
Karate sucks!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Excellent. Thx for the link.
:)

fa_jing
08-15-2003, 10:27 AM
In case you didn't, check out the board break. He seems to achieve full transfer of power into the boards.

stubbs
08-15-2003, 11:28 AM
the sparring clips looked a bit lame
________
Toyota land cruiser prado specifications (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Land_Cruiser_Prado)

Golden Arms
08-15-2003, 12:08 PM
yeah..anyone who took ALL COMERS for 2 days straight and over 200 fights over that time period, yet came out undefeated, not to mention still able to move, must suck at fighting huh?

Shaolin-Do
08-15-2003, 12:20 PM
no no golden arms, lets just change that to anyone who practices karate. It will be a more accurate statement that way.

Sho
08-15-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by stubbs
the sparring clips looked a bit lame Some people use the term sparring for kumite. They were obviously doing a two-man drill in that clip and not free-sparring.

Golden Arms
08-15-2003, 01:50 PM
no no golden arms, lets just change that to anyone who practices karate. It will be a more accurate statement that way.

Oh yeah..I forgot..lets chalk up karate along with JJJ, BJJ, Escrima, Silat, and boxing as style that become exponentially more ineffective as you practice harder and harder.

old jong
08-15-2003, 06:54 PM
Oyama was extremely strong in what he was doing. It does not mean that he was invincible.

Nick
08-16-2003, 05:27 AM
^Yeah, but no one proved it by the time he started killing bulls with his bare freaking hands.^

Later...

'MegaPoint
08-17-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
Karate sucks!!!!!!!!

Excellent. Thx for the link.
:)

How can you say that when you do broke-a$$ed karate? Shaolin DOn't must be pitiful then. I went to your guys' SA location and laughed at the class and instructor. I do real Shaolin-- Shorin. The instructor looked at me like I was crazy when I told him that. My style has legit lineage. Mine is the Shorin Way. Yours is Shaolin DOE (Money Way), idiot. If you're in SA maybe we can spar and see what sucks.

Mas Oyama did broke Shorin mixed with bad for your health Goju. End of story. He was all hype and couldn't hold a candle to the founders of Uechi Ryu, Shorin Ryu or Goju Ryu. Kyokushin is only as good as they understand the principles from which their style came- Okinawan Ti, Shaolin Chuan Fa and Jigen Ryu Kenjutsu. Research and dont' take others words for stuff. Bye genius.