PDA

View Full Version : Any New yorkers online?

Laughing Cow
08-14-2003, 04:42 PM
Hi.

Has anybody got contact with some of the guys in the blackout area.

Or have some guys managed to get online, would be interested in hearing how the situation is.

Cheers.

P.S.: KL, pls, leave this here for a bit as the blackout affects quiet a lot of guys from KFO methinks.

TonyM.
08-14-2003, 04:46 PM
Guess the blackout is larger than just New York. Western Mass. is out also according to the news.

Laughing Cow
08-14-2003, 04:49 PM
Yeah, it seems to be large.

Apparently parts of Canada are also affected.

Not that much on the local news and newspapers. TV only showed footage from NY this morning.

Yahoo & CNN got a bit more.

Cheers.

Brad
08-14-2003, 05:31 PM
Northern Ohio too :-P

joedoe
08-14-2003, 06:42 PM
I would suspect it would be kinda hard for them to get online during a blackout :D

Laughing Cow
08-14-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by joedoe
I would suspect it would be kinda hard for them to get online during a blackout :D

Some areas got power back already.

Seeya.

chen zhen
08-15-2003, 05:21 AM
Hey man, hope u guys are safe. Hope anyone wasnt stuck in an elevator or the subway. It would just be a nightmare for myself.:eek::(

Good luck.

Ray Pina
08-15-2003, 06:22 AM
Powers back on:) ... at least for the most part.

Last night was one of the most beaitiful nights I could remember. Surfed till after dark. The moon was big and red and tons of stars since the city was completely shut down. Biking home their were tons of people on the boardwalk, walking, jogging, biking, just chillin with candles and flashlights having a few beers.

The kids on my block were running around with those sparklers and glow in the dark necklaces -- they gave me one.

I showered, hopped on my bike and went out for dinner -- everything closed. Everyone out and about enjoying the blackout. I wish it would happen once a month .. cool.

Getting home from work was another story. The highway was like a parking lot! Crawling. 97.1, the hip hop station, was one of the few up and running ona generator so I had comemrcial free music for the hour ride home that usually takes 20 minutes -- someone one left some funny smoke in my car from the day before. Being that anarchy was the rule...

Once in town it was great. No lights and wizzing through though once again folks took it upon themselves to let an eager driver pass through the intersection.

No problems at all. I don't have TV so I tend to go out for walks or bikes at night. It wa snice to have company.

Shaolin-Do
08-15-2003, 06:28 AM
"someone one left some funny smoke in my car from the day before"

Happens to me ALL the time...
:D
hehehe....

well, good to hear that all is well.

Edit: Met a dude from new york last night... "AY!! YOO EVA BEEN TA DA BRONX!? OHH YAH?!? ect...."
very loud... Funny guy tho.

:eek:
:)