PDA

View Full Version : im starting JKD

Shaolinlueb
08-14-2003, 06:55 PM
I have been doing Kung Fu for 2 years and i love it. but i want to be a better fighter. One of the parents had a JKD school and has trained in it for 12 years. took a lot of seminars with some of Bruce Lee's students. So i am gonna start training with him. He showed me some video's with foot work, thats what im starting off with. I had no interest in it at all 2 weeks ago, but I am getting real into it now.

CaptinPickAxe
08-14-2003, 07:30 PM
Hey, be sure and check out the credential of the school.
Lots of schools claim to teach JKD, but are just MMA.
I'm very interested in JKD too, and I was refered to Lamar Davis.
you should try checkin him out.

chen zhen
08-15-2003, 06:57 AM
Congrats, man! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.:)
But yeah, make sure its real legit. If u have a website for the school..?

Shaolinlueb
08-17-2003, 05:16 PM
the guy used to run a school but his friend who he trained with still runs it in holyoke mass.

what we did today was just foot work. basic jabbing and perry it away. worked with one stick. basic stuff.

I am full confidence that this is real JKD not some grappling stuff that people mix together and call it JKD. I know a little bit about its background and what its about. and if i didnt think the guy was legit i wouldnt do it.

method man
08-28-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Shaolinlueb
I have been doing Kung Fu for 2 years and i love it. but i want to be a better fighter. One of the parents had a JKD school and has trained in it for 12 years. took a lot of seminars with some of Bruce Lee's students. So i am gonna start training with him. He showed me some video's with foot work, thats what im starting off with. I had no interest in it at all 2 weeks ago, but I am getting real into it now.

parent sifu for 12year but send kid to go learn somthing else but try to steal u from you teacher what kind of footwork he is showing there??????? very sneaky he gonna get u to pay for he kids lesson