PDA

View Full Version : If you are reading this forum and have access to Showtime

fa_jing
08-14-2003, 09:15 PM
Put on the fights. You will not be dissapointed. You will learn Kung Fu.

truewrestler
08-14-2003, 09:21 PM
I wish I had Showtime :(

fa_jing
08-14-2003, 09:29 PM
First fight is over, Reid defeated Ortiz by knockout. Great fight, swung back and forth with lots of action. Reid knocked down Ortiz 4 times before putting him out, but Ortiz almost knocked Reid down several times. Next up is Freitas/Barrios. One of the best fights, in the past couple of years. These are repeats from Saturday by the way.

TonyM.
08-15-2003, 09:56 AM
Dang! I knew there was a reason I should have showtime.:(
That must have rocked. I'll ask around at work to see if anyone taped it.

fa_jing
08-15-2003, 10:16 AM
Barrios was a bloody mess and went down at least 4 times in the early rounds, however he managed to knock down Freitas twice in the 11th! Talk about persistance! Finally Freitas won by TKO in the 12th. This was for the junior lightweight championship. Alot of power shown for that weightclass.

Stacey
08-15-2003, 04:00 PM
Barrios went for a shoot a couple of times. I percieved him to have some CMA training, perhaps hsing I. THe "Push" as they called it came from his low and wide fighting stance, an uprooting power used in 8 step and I'm sure in other cma's.

I thought Freites was a *****, when it occured to him, he used his jab, he missed most of his punches. Barrios, the ugly guy from the ghetto had nothing to lose and after fighting blind with a punctured eardrum, I wanted to see him win.

Good sportsmanship. No cheap shots upon seperation.

Barrios needed to learn infighting, he would come in with those low hooks and toss wild hooks to the clinch. Some chain punching would work wonders for this guy. I still liked his game and he was more connected than Freites, who seemed to restrain use of his monster right because of a previous injury.

Freites' winning shot was a forearm smash a la Choy Li Fut. We call them powercuts in 8 step. Lots of kung fu in that fight.

PHILBERT
08-15-2003, 09:10 PM
Who are the names of the guys in NHB who do Kung Fu? I remember there is a Shaolin guy who does alot of Pride if I remember, and there use to be a Mantis guy back in the early days of UFC who won a few matches then just quit. Reason being I found some UFC DVDs at the store today cheap with fights on them and was wanting to know if any of them featured Kung Fu fighters.

Xebsball
08-16-2003, 06:54 AM
The Freitas fight was showed on open tv here in Brazil. All of his fights have been shown for free since he became champion. He is a start down here -> hes a lot more famous than any mma fighter you can think of.

What Barrios does is Argentinan style boxing, sometimes the stance/footwork and some level changing DO indeed remind of XY.
But its basicly the argentinan school of boxing.