PDA

View Full Version : Pro Am Wing Tchun?

CHAZ
08-15-2003, 02:56 PM
As a Choi Lee Fut practioner, I find it a little strange to be on the Wing Chun forum asking for help:D

A good friend of mine who just loves Wing Chun is desperate to get back into it after his teacher left the area to move to London.

My friends teacher was one of Nick Smarts students from the pro am wing tchun organisation. My friend would dearly like continue training with this organisation but cannot find a club anywhere in the area(North East England). He has tried contacting Nick Smart on his website but at the moment it is not working.

Does anyone out there know how to get into contact with either Nick Smart or his Pro Am Wing Tchun organisation, any help would be much appreciated.

At the moment my friend has to make do training in the best martial art in the universe Choi Lee Fut :D :D :D :D :D

Cheers

Universal Stance
08-18-2003, 10:44 AM
People need to learn how to use Google better:

Pro Am Wing Chun Resource (http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22pro+am%22+wing+chun+tsun)

Everyone seems to point to the same link but it's dead....hrmmm.

The comment you made about CLF being the best style makes me wonder if you know anything about the WC and CLF conflicts in Hong Kong back in the days? Trying to restart them here in America? Hrmmm? :D

CHAZ
08-19-2003, 02:34 PM
Ah yes the good old day's of the 50's and 60's where the gentle, frendily sharing of techniques took place under light non-violent combat sparring:D

Where all kung fu brothers and sisters had such love for other radically different kung fu systems to there own.:p

Good idea why don't every Wing Chun and Choi Lee Fut practioner the world over follow their great example.:D :D :D

Thanx for the info.

Haggis
08-20-2003, 05:18 AM
Nick Smart and Milan Prosenica's organisation no longer goes by the PAWTO name, but is now Autodefence. The website and contact details can be found at

http://www.autodefence.com

As I understand it, the usual politics / mysticism of WC / WT etc ****ed him off so much, he dropped the name altogether.

There are still classes throughout the UK.
Who was your friend's teacher?

Cheers,
Haggis

CHAZ
08-20-2003, 06:49 AM
Cheers Haggis

My friend learned from Mumtaz Ayub, who once taught in South Shields.