PDA

View Full Version : Beating goes on

Royal Dragon
08-17-2003, 08:04 AM
Beating goes on
By Chuck Shepherd

An April Wall Street Journal report highlighted several states' elementary school "anti-bully" policies that have banned rough-housing, name-calling, pointed gossip and even "mean looks," and encourage teaching the little kids a language of sensitivity and tolerance. However, one problem some kids fear from such training and language is that, as they move up to middle schools and run into other kids who will be baffled by such sensitivity, the tolerance-trained kids are even more likely to get beaten up.

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/weird/index.asp?now=3940

KC Elbows
08-17-2003, 08:21 AM
The middle schools are already starting to require such policies(in fact, I think they were the first in many areas to implement, but I could be wrong). It's a foregone conclusion, with so many people being around, there will now be a systematic approach to avoiding more Columbines and thus, more OK cities, which is will be "make it so schools don't breed people who suddenly blow up".

With the crazies now indebted to the system, we can then turn them to the war on terror, where we can use them to blow up stuff, meanwhile the Blutos of the US can go into construction, and everyone is happy.

In any case, I don't think it's the school's responsibility to be liable for the acts of kids with dumb parents, both those whose kids haven't been taught coping mechanisms, and those whose kids haven't been taught to get their jollies constructively, not from bullying. Screw both sets of kids. My money is going for their books, if they aren't in school doing something good with those books, I don't think it's my responsibility to protect their right to do other things with that time. They need to get indoctrinated like good little lemmings, or get a job. Sure it takes a village to raise a child, but it also takes a village to stone a child they can't feed, and, more importantly, it takes a trained villager to make a shrunken head.

And that's my position on that.

TonyM.
08-17-2003, 08:23 AM
Brilliant! But would'nt listening to Barry Manilow accomplish that quicker.

KC Elbows
08-17-2003, 09:29 AM
In some, but for those whose brains don't shut down to Barry Manilow, any country music diva should do. If not, try Kid Rock, for that "tough but completely non-threatening" ambience.

I forgot to point out that it also takes a village to kill another village. Maybe even two villages, if the element of surprise is on the first village's side.

KC Elbows
08-17-2003, 09:39 AM
And anyways, manual labor and poverty make a tougher people than bullying ever did. For the WWII generation, the army was very often the best opportunity they had.

The romans didn't necessarily conscript a lot of troops from the less physical pursuits. Even with the advent of guns, war takes endurance on the part of its soldiers, and modern life in the first world doesn't generally produce the same ability to endure, imo. That's the trade off for luxury. Even the physical trades, because of advances in technology, are easier than they were when our grandfathers were young, which has a way more profound effect on fortitude than making kids behave.

Royal Dragon
08-17-2003, 09:53 AM
LOL @ KC!!! Well said!!!..................I think you had a point in there somewhere, right? :D

Seriously, I understand the need to avoid columbines and all, but I think excesive "Sensitivity" training is just teaching kids to bottle it all up when the more aggresive kid's lay into them. In the end, I'm betting that this will CAUSE more columbines than stop them.

I really don't belive the professional "Psycologists" really understand the real world psycology of these things. Instead of teaching kids to be ultra pasive, I think they should be taught stages of engagement. In other words, they should be taught to resist the tempation to argue with others, or respond negatively to criticizem, but at the same time if the agressor persists, the students should be well versed in the art of verbal self defese. This should be fully backed up with physical self defense skills to be used ONLY when the agressor gets physical.

In two seperate senarious, the first could go like this:

Bully - "your so stupid, and ****ey too"

Normal kid calmy useing verbal self defnse - "Really? you don't look smart enough to know."

Bully - "I'm smarter than you ****!"

Normal kid calmly useing verbal self defnse - "Hmm, I guess that's why you say the same thing over and over?"

Bully - (pushes normal kid) - You know, your just LOOK'N for a beating aint you!!!"

Normal kid responds - Dimmak Death palm to the heart followed by a peircing figer strike to the back of the chin bone pressing through the flesh, hooking the jaw bone from behind and casually throwing the bully to the ground and walking away calmly wile Bully squirms, and flops around on the ground holding his face like a fish out of water.

Bully - Never bothers Normal kid again.

In senario two:

Bully - "your so stupid, and ****ey too"

Normal Kid trained to avoid conflict - "you absolutly,right, lets be freinds, i'll even buy you lunch".

Bully - "That's right ****, your going to buy me lunch, now fork over your lunch money ****! - Bully pushes Normal Kid to the ground and takes his lunch money..............and his pencil case.

Normal Kid picks himself up, humiliated, but "Tries" to manage some self respect out of the situation because he followed his "Training"

NEXT DAY!

Bully - Walks up to normal Kid in hall and pushes him into locker - "Where's my Lunch Money - ****!" - He takes his lunch money and walks away laughing calling the Normal kid a pathetic dweeb to his freinds.

Normal Kid is again humiliated and feelling prety down about himself.

DAY THREE!!

We see normal kid come flying out of nowhere and crashing violently into lockers, and bounceing to the ground, books and papers are everywhere. He screams "Why do you keep doing this to me?? In utter frustration, and feeling completely powerless in the situation, because the Bully is so much stronger than him (Not really but he's proven his dominance over the last few days, and Normal Kid can't see any hope)

Bully- (laughing at Normal Kid) Because I can, where's my Lunch money ****!! (Knowing the work "****" said strongly really dehuminises the Normal Kid, who is now rapidly becomming a nerd.)

Nerdy, Ex Normal Kid - "What did I ever do to you??, why are you alwways picking on me?!?"

Bully - "Because your a ****y little NERD!!" (as he hits him in the gutt making his glasses fall off) - "NOW, fork over my Lunch money, or I'm going to take your shorts, and run them up the flag pole!! (Grabs Math book and plays "Keep away" with his freinds at Nerdy Kids expense).

Normal Kid now transformed into a complete sniveling Nerd, crying and blubbering out of controll Yelling "Stop!!" thats My MATH BOOK, you can't do that!!"

Bully - "You know, your right, how's this, I'll stop, but you have to do my homework for me, and I'd better get an "A"! - Steps forward to give Math book back, and accidentally steps on previously fallen glasses"

Now TOTAL Nerd! - " You Broke my Glassess!!!" Crying and Blubering

Bully - "That's right, and I'm gonna break YOU if I Don't get an "A" on my English assingment too!!" "Now fork over my lunch Money ****!"

Later that day, ****ey nerd is seen with his glasses taped together in the middle with some white Ace bandage tape.

This process continues for Two years, till finnally Nerdie **** blows a gasket, decides the passive "conflict resolution" is a load of crap, (but is now far too traumatised to fight back) comes to school with his Dad's Gun, and shoots everyone in site before shooting himself. All because he was taught to be a pacifist by some deluded Psycologist who is completely un connected to the real world of Child interactions when he should have been taught to stand up for himself, and fight back when needed.

edited to make the word "****" show up uncensored.

KC Elbows
08-17-2003, 10:17 AM
You forgot the part of the scenario where the bully gets reprimanded and it is dragged out in front of school that his father is touching his peepee. And thus, the roles become reversed. This is as it should be, because kids need to be taught that real power is using the beaurocracy to destroy fat kids. Fists are low level.

TonyM.
08-17-2003, 10:53 AM
That was so beautiful, I think I'm gonna cry!:D

neit
08-17-2003, 12:30 PM
i'd bet that if the the normal kid went with the dimmak death touch apporach he'd get expelled for "bullying"

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-17-2003, 12:38 PM
that reminds me of that one movie with norm mcdonald in it .... revenge inc. or something.

funny sh it.

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-17-2003, 12:39 PM
dirty work

fa_jing
08-17-2003, 05:08 PM
they don't do enough to stop harassment in the schools. There's a problem with trusting other parents to be taking care of their children and educating them with basic human values. The problem is that it is a load of crap! Not wise at all. And sometimes the numbers are simply against a kid - he's different, he's new, whatever.

Leimeng
08-17-2003, 05:22 PM
~ Gee, how about just getting rid of the mass conveyor belt factories called public schools. Smaller schools maybe? Home schooling? Private or (gasp!) parochial schools? I know it makes sense and all but really conveyor belt schools cause more problems than they are worth. They really only exist to create jobs for psychologist, education majors and other people who were not capable of getting a job elsewhere. (I can hear the sparks already on that one....) Even though I am opposed to compulsary military service as a rule, (I DID spend the past 16 years in the military so I am NOT anti-military at all), perhaps we should make these teachers and adminstrators join the marines or army infantry for 6-10 years before they teach. Give them some gonads or something... At least teach them some valuable skills and life concepts like discipline and hard work. (That goes for college professors as well...) And since that sacrosanct name of Columbine was mentioned more than once here... Something like 30 some odd federal, state and local laws were broken in that event, so before the anti-gun nazies start to cry about "too many guns boo hoo," they should start to think about enforcing the laws they already made that prevented the kids from defending themselves in the first place.....
~ Rant away....

Peace,

Sin Loi

Yi Beng, Kan Xue

Black Jack
08-17-2003, 06:33 PM
This kind of sensitivity training is a fear based concept and it is utter crap. If turing your child into a bed wetting victim is what you seek than these government endorsed zombie programs are a good ride in that direction.

Teaching a child not to fight back is horrible. Teachers who spout that nonsense should be skinned alive and roasted with garlic potatoes.

If you really want to stop columbine situations parents have to get off there ass, step up to the plate and actually parent. Boy that is a new concept now isn't it.

Also it might not hurt to stop drugging these kids with harmfull psychotropic wonder pills like ridalin and all these other chemicals which wonder of wonders have been linked to a number of school shootings.

I guess it is easier to give a kid a pill than turn off the tv and get active.

Royal Dragon
08-17-2003, 08:15 PM
Teaching a child not to fight back is horrible. Teachers who spout that nonsense should be skinned alive and roasted with garlic potatoes.

Reply]
Why would you want to waste good garlic Potato"E"'s like that?

Jook Lum
08-17-2003, 09:14 PM
Dont worry they will come up with a medication to stop all these evil children from having any opinion of there own.What a bunch of crap!Soon just like that gay school in N.Y.they will seperate the fat kids into one school,the red headed kids into another,blue eyed children and the green eyed children in separate schools.So nobody looks at you to long or comments on why tour kid is 300lbs.at 10yrs old or why your boy comes to school and dresses like a girl.If you disagree with the gays,then all of a sudden you are ****phobic,not having a diiferent view point or opinion mind you .You automatically have a so called phobia against the sodomites.Nowadays if the wind blows to hard somebody is offended. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Black Jack
08-18-2003, 09:00 AM
Jook Lum-

Good post!

btw- There really is a gay school in NY???

You have got to be kidding. I know that certain liberals are all about spouting off one sided PC dogma to our kids on how grand being gay is with all the skipping, parades, and diapers at forty but this has got to be a joke.

shaolin kungfu
08-18-2003, 09:03 AM
Diapers at forty?:confused:

MasterKiller
08-18-2003, 09:05 AM
I think he's referring to gay guys being reemed out so much you can't control your @ss muscles, anymore.

Black Jack
08-18-2003, 09:10 AM
It is the side of the gay that they forget to push to these kids in there lets all be the same speeches. Meaning that one's arse is not really designed for constant reamings by all manner of objects foreign and domestic.

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-18-2003, 01:51 PM
this talk of garlic roasted cannibalism and anal leakage has gotten my belly grumbling.

txwingchun
08-18-2003, 01:56 PM
True there's no better way to whet the appetite than the thought of slurping up some nice gooey anal puss. MMMM so thick, creamy and chunky!

CaptinPickAxe
08-18-2003, 02:09 PM
I think with uniforms & banned bullism is going to breed a bunch of Puzzified conformists who can't think for themselves. I say let a 6 year old pierce his nose if he wants to...and when the bully rips it out he'll think twice about those nipple rings he's always wanted.

Laughing Cow
08-18-2003, 02:14 PM
BJ.

Yeah, there is, saw something not too long ago on TV about it.

Got to worry about the intelligence of the guys that came up with the concept.

Gay kid gets beaten up in school, than gets put into a well-known school of similar people.

And I guess the Gay-bashers won't figure out where they have gone too.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Parking outside that school for gay-bashers must be like heaven.

Black Jack
08-18-2003, 02:28 PM
I have nothing against gay people per say. I just don't like the uppity message being forced across and the attempt to change traditional values. Though I do have to say that some of the adult gay people I have run across were some of the most pushy, vile and mean spirited of any sexual preference.

I love bisexual chicks though, I think bisexual chicks should get a grant from the government for just existing, I would like to make a giant stone memoral in honor of bisexual chicks. A massive sculpture of two babes in pigtails sharing a lollypop maybe.

Are there gay kids? Sure. Did I tease a few in school? Sure. Do they really need a gay Hogwarts? Nope.

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-18-2003, 02:36 PM
i worry about my kid. peirod. if everyone thought as such that would be the end of it.

unfortunately this isn't the case and people would rather rely on the school to raise their kids for them.

being that i do talk to the little fu cker here and there this other sh it doesnt really concern me. let them teach her to get pushed around. she'll know better. i understand that i can't act like none of it effects me, but all i can do is teach her what i can and hope she makes the right decisions ... including the ones made when the school's kid shows up with a shotgun.

Laughing Cow
08-18-2003, 02:36 PM
BJ.

I also have nothing against gay people, worked with a few and also have a few gay friends.
IME, the majority are very decent and will leave you alone once they know that you are straight.

But agree there seem to be 2 extremes within the gay community.

As a side-note once met the fashion designer for Triumph Ladies underwear, very nice 60yr old guy that was vacating with his boy-friend. Had two kids and used to be married till about 45.

Cheers.

GunnedDownAtrocity
08-18-2003, 02:40 PM
I also have nothing against black people, worked with a few and also have a few black friends.
IME, the majority are very decent and will leave you alone once they know that you are not going to buy crack.

But agree there seem to be 2 extremes within the black community.

Black Jack
08-18-2003, 02:43 PM
I agree LC,

Of course there are decent and upstanding gay people, I am talking about the other side of the coin, those who just want to push it in your face, pardon the pun.

MaFuYee
08-18-2003, 06:31 PM
In a move that many Americans probably would like their government to emulate, Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen recently banned karaoke clubs from his nation. To prove that he's serious about not having to listen to one more rendition of "Feelings," the Cambodi-an ruler now has an-nounced that all karaoke bars still open in the country will be destroyed by military tanks.

this story is almost as good as something i heard the other day... but i don't know if it is true or not...

i heard that the band Creed, is being sued for sucq-ing arse.

shaolin kungfu
08-18-2003, 07:05 PM
I think GDA made a good point

Jook Lum
08-18-2003, 09:45 PM
Hello everyone!Here is a web address for a story about the gay high school in N.Y. i talked about in a reply earlier.Sorry i know the address is long. It is-http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,6830710%255e13762,00.html :eek:

Mr Punch
08-19-2003, 12:38 AM
There are two solutions to bullying.

1) Governments of every country should introduce contraceptives into the drinking water. Then you should have to apply and take a parenting test before you get the contraceptive drug reversal.

2) Fortunately, in countries where there is no drinking water and lovely Christian aid charities are refusing contraception, most of the people are being sold guns. They will not be pussified. Their kids are not being bullied. And in another few years, they will not have a population problem.

Mr Punch
08-19-2003, 01:43 AM
Dribbler
I got no answers what can i say...Weeell, got the first bit right.

Crack again?