PDA

View Full Version : A seminar in Ottawa

old jong
08-17-2003, 06:52 PM
I had the pleasure to bring some of my students in Ottawa today for a one day seminar by my Sifu Patrick Gordon.
The topic was :Closing the gap. We worked on different drills in san sau,man sau,ma bo,triangle structure,taking over the line and other things.
It was a well put together program and everybody left with an higher skill level and awareness of the great possibilities of the system.
It was fun also!...;)

PaulH
08-17-2003, 11:36 PM
It looked like you had an enjoyable and informative seminar! One of my favorite hobby is playing freebie. It's very fun and free. Speaking of which, how do you close the gap when you play freebie during the seminar? Ha! ha!

Regards,

captain
08-18-2003, 02:58 AM
would'nt a would be attacker "close the gap" for you?

russ

old jong
08-18-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by PaulH
It looked like you had an enjoyable and informative seminar! One of my favorite hobby is playing freebie. It's very fun and free. Speaking of which, how do you close the gap when you play freebie during the seminar? Ha! ha!

Regards,

Yes,it was very good. Thanks!...What is "freebie"?...

BTW, I know by long time experience here that a thread like this will not bring a lot of responses. It is too positive,contains no lineage bashing,does not give really anything to bash,and,most Wing Chun guys absolutely don't care or want to know about what others are doing well.
It's the Wing Chun forum way.
But I posted it anyway!...;) Why?...;)

old jong
08-18-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by captain
would'nt a would be attacker "close the gap" for you?

russ

What if you are the attacker?...You could be forced to act instead of react.

PaulH
08-18-2003, 07:38 AM
Old Jong,

Freebie is the game of throwing a plastic round UFO-saucer disc back and forth between people. You probably see it often at the beach.

The good point of the game is the throwing of the free UFO ( a.k.a. your info) or disc(ussion) back and forth between us. Ha! Ha! But you're right. Forum people sometimes ruin the game by looking to see something deadly serious when it really is all about fun.

Regards,

old jong
08-18-2003, 07:49 AM
Frisbie!...O.K.!...;)
I see the analogy and your point.;)