PDA

View Full Version : hong kong world lee koon hung assoc videoclips

GARRA DE TIGRE
08-17-2003, 07:20 PM
hello

i want to know if somebody knows the names of the forms performed for the hong kong people in his hong kong web site clips .

i 'd recognized fey loong sin , siu ping kuen , fook fu darn do / fu mei darn do and ng ying kuen . how about the others AND WHO ARE THE PERFORMERS beside grand master lee koon hung ?

Eddie
08-18-2003, 12:32 AM
there has been a post on this before. I think CLFNole gave some info on everything.

If you want to see more great videos of Lee Koon Hung Style, visit http://www.floridakungfu.com/instructors.htm . They have some GREAT videos of various forms.

Also, have you checked out this site yet? http://taichiyuen.org/t6.htm its by one of LKH's old students and have the chain whip, spear, sword, 3 sectional staff, lung han guan, and some other forms on.
Ed

CLFNole
08-18-2003, 06:35 AM
Actually most of the videos shown on the Florida Kung Fu site are not LKH forms but rather Wong Gong's forms as Sifu Wai studied with both.

There are a couple of LKH sets from John Wai but thats it.

Peace.

GARRA DE TIGRE
08-18-2003, 08:37 AM
eddie : thank you for the info about the tai ji web site .

i

CLFNole
08-18-2003, 10:27 AM
Attach links to the clips you want to know about and I will tell you. I don't have the time to go through each one myself to tell you the names of forms and people you don't even know.

Peace.

As far as the other question goes I have no idea and would never comment on such a thing.

Eddie
08-19-2003, 02:59 AM
Thanks CLFNole,
one of the students is also doing plumflover.
That school looks pretty cool. Seems like they have the whole brotherhood thing going, which is cool.

Dont seem to be much different between the Wong Gongs CLF and the LKH's style.
anyways, i think their kung fu is good.
Eddie

GARRA DE TIGRE
08-19-2003, 07:35 AM
don't worry clf nole , not was my intention making lose time with this . i'd was thinking maybe you'd know it without check it out the page . thank you anyway .

CLFNole
08-19-2003, 02:02 PM
Garra De Tigre:

There are a lot of different clips on their site. In your next post list or link the ones that you have questions about and I will tell you want form it is and who is performing it.

Eddie:

If you look close aside from the weapons of course the hand forms are a bit different. They do perform them with the LKH flair
since that was the style they learned first so of course certain things will look similar. It doesn't really matter cuz its all CLF anyway.

Peace.

Fu-Pow
08-19-2003, 02:31 PM
CLFNole-

Ng Ying Kuen and Siu Mui Fah Kuen on Sifu Wai's site appear to be LKH's forms.

Are the Loong Fu Kuen and Bat Mo Kuen from LKH also?

Or are these Wong Gong forms?

Fu-Pow
08-19-2003, 02:40 PM
" On the east coast of the US, there's a kung-fu teacher who learned a little from his well-respected brother in Hong Kong. Upon his emigration to the US, he began putting on airs and acted like he'd learned everything directly from his brother. Those who were in the know said that he'd actually been learning the forms from videos and never really took the time to learn from his brother while they were together in Hong Kong. "

****Can you post a link to this article. I can't seem to find it anywhere on the site.

CLFNole
08-19-2003, 07:59 PM
Fu-Pow:

The Loong Fu Kuen and Bak Mo Kuen are from Wong Gong. Our style has Bak Mo Kuen however it is completely different.

Peace.

Eddie
08-20-2003, 12:38 AM
CLFNole,
I aggree with you that it is all still CLF.
few other questions..
How old is sifu Wai? (Just curious, no other reason...)

Where does Wong Gong stay? Are there any relation between Wong Ha and Wong Gong?
Eddie

Fu-Pow
08-20-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by CLFNole
Fu-Pow:

The Loong Fu Kuen and Bak Mo Kuen are from Wong Gong. Our style has Bak Mo Kuen however it is completely different.

Peace.

It is amazing how forms can share the same name and yet be completely different.

I noticed on Sifu Wai's site there is an instructor doing Fu Ying Kuen. This looks very different than the Fu Ying Kuen that I learned. I have seen a version that looks like this one on an old tape I have by a Sifu Gonzalo Vito. I wonder what the origin of this form is versus the one that I learned.

The version I learned is missing the very low to the ground Fu Mei Geuk.

Looking at that version of Bak Mo Kuen on Sifu Wai's site it seems to closely resemble the Chan Family version of that form which I've seen on their site.

CLFNole
08-20-2003, 01:44 PM
Fu-Pow:

Their version of Fu Ying Kuen is the same that you will see from Doc Fai Wong's students as he also learned it from Wong Gong.

Personally I am not a big fan of our Fu Ying Kuen. To me it doesn't have a good flow like some of our other sets. The tempo is very strange, but its good to know.

Peace.

GARRA DE TIGRE
08-21-2003, 08:55 AM
clf nole : about the videoclips i'v only want to know the name of the two man staff set performed in a exhibition with colours flags behind .

fu pow : the article is in the web site i'v posted , but i think was a mistake of mine speak about this , because always lee koon hung people never want become involved in this low and without importance things .

CLFNole
08-21-2003, 10:16 AM
Our 2-man staff form is called Chak Kwun or Moi Fah Chak Kwun. We only have 1 2-man staff set as far as I know.

Peace.

CHAZ
08-28-2003, 04:33 PM
My Choi Lee Fut club just recently hosted a Lion dance competition and kung fu exhibition, we had many masters and teachers present from many parts of the world. We had quite a few guest teachers of Choy Lee Fut from Hong Kong.

One of the teachers Master Poon Sing was just absolutley amazing, the power and speed of this great master has to be seen to be beleved, it was just so cool, coming from a man who is in his mid 70's.

I sincerely hope when I get to that age, I can still preform half as well, he had the energy and vigour of someone half his age.

Cool:p

alecM
08-29-2003, 12:38 PM
Ahhhhh, dam the Florida vacation dam dam dam.
I hope someone taped it.

CHAZ
08-29-2003, 03:52 PM
AlecM

Welcome back from your vacation, how was Florida?

It was a good day, but a very long one, you would of enjoyed it.

I don't know if anyone from our club taped it, there were quite a few camera's about.

Some of the forms demo's were good, I especially enjoyed Sifu's Sam Lee from Ireland's (Lee Koon Hung Lineage) 9 section steel whip form, that was class.

See you later at class

alecM
08-30-2003, 04:15 PM
Me and the family had an excellent time, Florida was hot, very hot with thunder storms I’ve never experienced before in my life.
I would also like to add that I have developed a dislike of very big mice :-).