PDA

View Full Version : Any practicioners that live in ak?

Youngmantis
08-18-2003, 02:24 AM
HEy all i was jsut wondering if they'res anyone that live on ak in this forum, and if you do which school do you go to. I got to wu tan

JusticeZero
08-20-2003, 12:07 AM
If I wasn't in college I would be. After I graduate I may end up there again. I'll be there all next month, in the Valley and Anchorage. Not a CMA person though.

uncle
08-20-2003, 11:08 AM
There are quite a few of us up here. Also a few Wu tanners online Bald Monk, among others . In fact you probably already know us, I'm Uncle , and have been at your school for a few yrs now and will remain a Wu Tanner forever. see you at class buddy. Peace Uncle

Youngmantis
08-20-2003, 12:48 PM
you mean you go to sifu wongs wu tan school? I just joined like 2 weeks ago and they're many things confusing me

uncle
08-20-2003, 03:02 PM
First off you should fillout your personal profile alittle bit to give someone a little bit of background info, knowing your age , experience,would be helpfull. That said, I'll help if I can. What's so confusing? Please elaborate. Respects Uncle

Youngmantis
08-21-2003, 12:53 AM
the instructor on beginners kung fu said that situps and pushups aren't good for wu tans style, because they want to use the tendons instead of the muscle, so the thing is confusing me is that everyone here says that praying mantis and such should be doing pushups and situps, and that using your tendons is for tai chi, this is waht confuses me. But Its not that big of an issue, the biggest thing is I dont wanna lose the muscle i have ;) so please if you could clear it up for me. If i dont make much sense, my apologies, I'm pretty tired at the moment

uncle
08-21-2003, 11:58 AM
;) With you only being in 2 weeks don't sweat the small stuff. If you don't want to lose muscle mass do your normal workout on top of your stance training and line drills . one of the hardest parts of training is learning to isolate different muscle groups, not just the actuators(the big muscles that help you move) but the postural muscles, the ones deep in, that we all forget are there those are the ones that we try to work on with stances and drills. Just have a little patience and trust it'll be worth it. Work hard . PM me i'll give you my ph# and we can talk. Respects Uncle:D