PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Vs. Sapp (for Real)

BAI HE
08-18-2003, 11:23 AM
http://www.secondsout.com/usa/news_53629.asp

Tyson would just be stupid enough to give
away 130 lbs. for 2 mil.

dwid
08-18-2003, 11:32 AM
If Tyson actually took the fight seriously enough to prepare for it, that 130lbs. would mean little or nothing, I'm sure.

Judge Pen
08-18-2003, 11:44 AM
You think? I've never paid attention to Sapp, but Tyson isn't a shadow of what he used to be.

MasterKiller
08-18-2003, 11:46 AM
All Tyson would have to do is survive 2 rounds. Sapp can't go more than that without collapsing.

Judge Pen
08-18-2003, 11:50 AM
The article said that it is a display of K-1 vs. American boxing. Certainly there is a better (albeit less popular) representative of K-1 out there to fight Tyson.

BAI HE
08-18-2003, 11:58 AM
My point is, if Sapp is drawing 20 million viewers and Tyson continues to draw his PPV #'s. Why on God's green Earth would he settle
for 2 mil?

I have no doubt that if he trains fairly reasonably
he'll put the wreck on the Beast.

CaptinPickAxe
08-18-2003, 12:19 PM
I remember 2 things about Tyson:
1. Him on his back looking up at the camera during the Lewis fight.
2. What looked like a Fixed fight between him and Ettiene.

Tyson, In my eyes, is washed up.

CaptinPickAxe
08-18-2003, 12:22 PM
But on the lighter side...
Zoloft made Iron Mike a real likable guy.

SevenStar
08-18-2003, 12:24 PM
I heard about this fight a few weeks ago - I thought it was only a rumour though. I'd like to see it happen.

Merryprankster
08-18-2003, 12:25 PM
Sapp is no match for Tyson in Boxing or K1 rules. Tyson by vicious destruction, 1st round.

Remember, Hoost don't hit so hard as tyson and dropped Bob with a body shot...

rubthebuddha
08-18-2003, 12:25 PM
pickaxe is right -- anytime an athlete becomes as much of a joke as tyson, he's washed up. sure, tyson has some good fights in him. same as other athletes have a few good games or whatever left in them. fact remains that tyson's draw is not for skill these days as much as it is for novelty -- people don't watch him for skill (lewis, neither, but at least he has a belt), they watch tyson for his stupid antics.

FatherDog
08-18-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Judge Pen
The article said that it is a display of K-1 vs. American boxing. Certainly there is a better (albeit less popular) representative of K-1 out there to fight Tyson.

And certainly there is a better representative of American boxing out there to fight whoever that is.

Don't get me wrong, Tyson'd still hand me my ass, but there are much better boxers out there these days.

Ford Prefect
08-18-2003, 01:12 PM
In a boxing or K-1 rules match, Tyson would destroy Sapp in a bloody beat down.

old jong
08-18-2003, 01:14 PM
I think,whatever Tyson's mental problems,he still is a formidable opponent for anybody. He used to destroy all comers in under two minutes when he was at the top.
I don't give much chances to Sapp because it takes a very good and technical boxer to beat Tyson,even today.And ,he could come out focussed and ready.So...Watch out!...

I say about three punches!...

BAI HE
08-18-2003, 01:21 PM
I concur. Tyson wouldn't have to train too hard to knock
Sapp out of his underwear.

I don't think Sapp is gifted enough to stand in there with Tyson.
The only interesting part will be to see how many power shots he can absorb.

brothernumber9
08-18-2003, 01:31 PM
as bad as Tyson's skill have regressed there are still few heavyweights that odds makers would put over him. Lennox, Bird, probably Roy Jones, probably klitchko. Tyson is still in the top five of all heavyweights, to say there are plenty better just isn't so.

CaptinPickAxe
08-18-2003, 01:58 PM
Food for thought...
How would Roy Jones Jr. Fair in K-1?

Kristoffer
08-18-2003, 01:58 PM
Agreed, brotha. Sure a boxer can be a joke and 'washed up' but does this mean he aint no fighter no more? BS, Tyson would mop the floor with most K1 fighters! I'd wanna see him trash Sapp just to get Tyson to continue fighting in K1. Imagine watching him fight Lebanner, Cro cop or Holm etc.. GOOD thai boxers. Now that's sumtin I'd pay to see

CaptinPickAxe
08-18-2003, 02:01 PM
Are we forgetting that Tyson isn't used to having feet attacking him? Let alone being taken to the ground and having his face pounded untill he loses conciousness. I think Tyson is out of his league, a boxer should stick to boxing. For his own health.

Stranger
08-18-2003, 02:58 PM
Tyson said he would only fight under the Queensbury rules (regular boxing), besides even if it was K-1 rules, K-1 has no groundfighting and Sapp isn't much of a kicker.

CaptinPickAxe
08-18-2003, 03:01 PM
I don't follow Sapp, but I don't think Mike should make a career out of K-1. Even If Mike beats Sapp, He has nothing but trouble for him in the future.

meltdawn
08-18-2003, 09:07 PM
mike is a heluva brilliant boxer with a friggin mean right. barring his mental problems, we have to consider him as a great in history. if he wakes up and realizes he'll get his ass handed to him like lewis did, he might train for a fight, even an exhibition fight in a k-1 show. he will have to completely change tactics for a sapp match, not kicks (even if they do go only boxing rules), but he will have to bone up on the inside work and watch how sapp uses his soy kiu's/over head strikes. if that gorilla gets him trapped inside and slams down on his head, will it be glass like his jaw? after all, kimo put in a heluva striking game for a bit, but sapp will know tyson can kill him.

Mr Punch
08-19-2003, 01:13 AM
It wouldn't take much for Tyson to train up to minimize damage from/capitalize on opportunities from kicks, enough at least to get inside and deliver.

If he didn't underestimate Sapp, Tyson would win. It'd be an interesting fight though.