PDA

View Full Version : how many times before i fight?

blue dragon master
04-24-2001, 10:58 PM
this punk at my school thinks i want to fight him and he pushed me three times today .I want to know how much i should take before fighting him?

i could probably beat him but not without some harm to myself

premier
04-24-2001, 11:52 PM
Tell him that if he wants a piece of you, you do it in a ring with gloves on, because you don't want to hurt him too much.

Martial Joe
04-25-2001, 02:58 AM
If you realy feal threatend like he may hit you just hit him and he will be cought of gaurd and stunned for a sec if you havet already knocked him out,follow through and end it.He wont push you around anymoe...most likely.But if not then just ask him why he thinks you want to fight him.

Budokan
04-25-2001, 03:49 AM
I wouldn't have taken that much sh!t off of him. What are you, a pansy?

K. Mark Hoover

joedoe
04-25-2001, 08:20 AM
If you think you can take him, then do it. In school, you gotta show that you can't be bullied otherwise all the bullies will have a go. Flatten him and you won't get any sh!t from anyone else.

Worked for me for many years. :)

-------------------------------------
You have no chance to survive - make your time.

Can-O-Bud
04-25-2001, 09:49 AM
Stand your ground. You dont have to take any of that.

"My twa boab"

Lucky Red
04-25-2001, 12:43 PM
i would kick his ass youre Martial art is there to protect you both physical and mentaly from punks like this one

Evil grows deep in shallow Minds

blue dragon master
04-25-2001, 10:36 PM
Look, "Budokan" i asked for advice not to have you call me a pansy! O.K.. Besides if i kick his a$$ in school then I won't be able to go to six flags at the end of the year!

ansgenius1
04-25-2001, 10:55 PM
You have to be smart about it. Don't let him push you around anymore. If you are going to fight him, make sure it is off school property. If he pushes you, stare him down. You don't want to hit the breaking point where you just lose it and go postal on him. Just remain cool and composed. It wasn't very constructive to call you a pansy.

Tigerdragon
04-26-2001, 12:22 AM
I do not like to fight (other then tournys and whatnot) so when people get aggressive with my I do all I can to coll the situation off. But when I was in school, with one kid, it just did not work. For 3 days strait, every time he saw me in the hall he would walk up to me with that typical "i'm a badass" walk and push me 1 or 2 times. On the third day I knew it was impossible to get him to back off. So when he pushed me, I spread his arms to prevent him from making contact and hit him in the lower stomache area on a 45 degree down angle. Can you guess what happened??? Well I hit my mark (the bladder) and he pi$ himself. Never seen someone run to the bathroom so fast while people pointed and laughed.

What is the moral of the story you ask? You may not have to hurt him, rather just show that without a doubt you can, and will, if he doesn't stop.

Just my 2 cents

Assumption is the mother of tragedy. Just keep and open mind and be ready

Can-O-Bud
04-26-2001, 12:53 AM
Get him somewhere away from the school, so you dont get into trouble.

No need to get expelled for it.
It's your word against his!

"My twa boab"

joedoe
04-26-2001, 02:23 AM
Nice one Tigerdragon. I like it :)

Budokan
04-26-2001, 04:03 AM
What's more important to you, going to Six Flags or having this bully continue to shove you around?

Well, I guess you already answered that question...

Forget Six Flags. Slam his g@dd@mn head into the cement.

K. Mark Hoover

Celestial Amiboshi
04-26-2001, 05:14 AM
Just try to use some diplomacy. If that doesn't work, you should go talk to someone about it. No one deserves to be harassed, especially at school. Or sometimes I find that a good verbal lashing puts someone in their place.

"Love is something which is never meant to last. It is but a flower that blooms and then withers away."

Abstract
04-26-2001, 05:35 AM
I am very passive when it comes to fighting someone, but after repeated attempts of verbally standing your ground, being peaceful & turning the other cheek hasn't worked....then I agree w/tigerdragon, u don't have to break his legs, but bust his a$$ & humiliate him, man---break his pride...but do it where you won't face reprocussions---either from school officials or his friends comin' at u w/weapons. but yea yo--kick his arse.

ansgenius1
04-26-2001, 03:09 PM
It sounds like you've tried the civil approach. Telling a teacher or something is only going to provoke the situation. It's might be constructive to have your parents talk to his parents while talking to the principal but that's a lot of time to spend and it usually never results in the bully leaving you alone (personal experience). It's about dominance, mental and physical. He thinks he has control over you. So like I said before, tell him to meet you somewhere and tell a friend to back you up in case he tries something like getting his friends to come.

JWTAYLOR
04-26-2001, 04:31 PM
Here's the deal. You beat the ever living sh!t out of this guy. Video tape it, send me the tape, and I'll send you 4 passes to six flags.
A good a$$ whoopin to watch over and over is worth every penny.
Deal?
JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Abstract
04-26-2001, 04:50 PM
LOLOL!!!! that's FunnY! if he sends u a copy of that--send me one! ha haaaa!

JWTAYLOR
04-26-2001, 09:25 PM
Hey, that's the kind of guy I am.
JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

dmsdc
04-26-2001, 10:42 PM
Is this guy really a threat to you and your well-being or is he just showing off?

Can you change the way you go from class to class so you won't run into him?

I'd suggest telling the teachers who's rooms you pass when you go by this guy what's up. Then they can just happen to be in the hall the next time he decides to shove you. You take the shove & look innocent, he gets nabbed & suspended.

Are you both going after the same girl or something? In my experience people don't just decide to rag on you unless there's a reason. Sometimes if you find out the reason you can diffuse the whole situation. I've had folks that thought they hated my guts end up being my good friends after we cleared up the misunderstanding.

And stop having your hands down by your sides. Scratch your ear or something when he's walking by so that your can have a hand up to defend yourself when he pushes you.

Dana

"I have been in
sorrow's kitchen and
licked out all the pots.
Then I have stood on
the peaky mountain
wrapped in rainbows,
with a harp and a
sword in my hands." -
Zora Neale Hurston

ansgenius1
04-27-2001, 12:41 AM
Sorry, I don't agree with you Dana. Sure you can try changing the way you go to class, but how long will that work? Also, why should you change the way you go because some jerk has a problem with you. Even if this guy doesn't have a legitimate reason to pick on you (most bullies don't), if you tell a teacher on him, he's going to look for revenge. If the teacher just walks in on him picking on you, there's no guarantee that he will stop. Bullies have to be stood up to and if you have martial arts experience, it's not like you can't take him.

Celestial Amiboshi
04-27-2001, 05:37 AM
Great suggestion, Dana. You see, there are more civilized ways of handling problems.

"Love is something which is never meant to last. It is but a flower that blooms and then withers away."

Tigerdragon
04-28-2001, 11:26 PM
This is a situation I have seen so many times before when I was in school, and still see with younger cousins who are in school.
The only thing you can do is stand up to the bully. If you change the way you go from class to class, he will eventualy find you, and his precieved dominence over you will be stronger because YOU changed to get away from him.
Like a few people said before, telling a teacher or parents will only aggravate the situation. Even if he doesn't know that you said anything, him getting caught will only anger him more.
The only way to stop a bully is to show you have dominence over them. When he goes to push, put him in an arm bar or other singel arm lock, and let him feel some pain. Take him to the ground and tell him that you can do that, or worse at any time. SHOW CONFIDENCE. Tell him what he just experienced was just beginner level moves. Tell him next time he tries something you won't be nice. Give him the TOTAL impression that you can and will control, hurt, and embarrass him, far beyond anything he could do to you, if he does not stop his current corse of actions. This would stop most people. And if he doesn't, DROP HIM. Thats all there is to it.

Just my 2 cents

Assumption is the mother of tragedy. Just keep and open mind and be ready

ansgenius1
04-29-2001, 03:06 AM
Exactly. Growing up, I was always picked on. How many people here have experienced being picked on by a bully?

joedoe
04-29-2001, 03:39 AM
I gotta admit, I used to be a bit of a bully, but as I grew into my teens I saw the error of my ways and left people alone.

So having been there from the other side, I think that you really should stand up to this guy. I know that I pretty much would have stopped being an arshole if someone had stood up to me. Thankfully I stopped on my own as I got a little more mature.

Don't let him push you around, but also don't get yourself into trouble.

BTW as I am an ignorant Aussie, what is 6 flags?

ansgenius1
05-01-2001, 09:01 AM
Six Flags is an amusement park.

blue dragon master
05-01-2001, 08:36 PM
he wants to fight me cause he is an a$. today he challenged someone else today fo runnin his mouth. :cool:

ansgenius1
05-01-2001, 10:44 PM
wow, this idiot sounds like a real winner.

Chen Wuan
05-02-2001, 05:59 AM
Fighting is never the answer! But we are in the buisness of SELF DEFENCE, if this kid pushes a situation feel free to defend your self, just don't start the fight. One of my sifu's said that If I ever through the first punch he would kick my A**, but if I did not throw the last one he would also Kick my A**.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-07-2001, 08:25 PM
what the hell is wrong with you????

dont you know how easy it is to get a gun???

your in highschool for christsakes, shoot some
fu ckers down.

where's my beer?

WCFighter
05-08-2001, 07:32 PM
How about using the Passenger57 (Wesley Snipes) approach?

You know, where a terrorist walks into the
airplane washroom where Wesley Snipes is hiding
out (without a gun). Wesley screams hysterically,
"Oh god, please don't hurt me ! I don't wanna
die !!!" while pretending to cry, and then he
he attacks the distracted terrorist, and beats
the **** out of him? !!!!

Just kidding.

Seriously, though, I agree that you
should stand up to him the next time he tries
something.

A nice palm strike to the chin will
slam his lower jaw into his upper jaw, chip his teeth and most likely knock him out.

He'll wake up with a massive headache and
a sissy lisp!

:D

"Kick his ass, Sea-Bass!" - Dumb and Dumber

SLC
05-13-2001, 08:18 PM
Most schools are into this "zero tolerance" stuff now and if you defend yourself, they will just shoot you both, dust off their hands and "this case is closed."

One way to look at it is maybe you will have to fight this guy one way or the other. If you do nothing he will push until it happens. If you go to the school he will think you are afraid and never quit. If so OK, pick the best time/place for you (not him) and let it happen.

I vote against an off campus duel because you can't control who he brings to help him.

How about this: instead of going to the school to seek protection, go to the school (WITH YOUR PARENTS) to inform the school that unless they defuse this creep, you will ABSOLUTELY defend yourself. If that happens, this guy will be toast, and your family will be suing the school for failing to act on his threats.

You aren't begging the school for help or protection, you (your parents really) are telling the administration that if they don't deal with it you will have no choice.

Then you walk tall, make no provocation to him at all, absolutely do not avoid him, and let him take the first shot and you unload. You get a bloody nose. He gets his arms pulled off. Your reputation stays healthy. And he gets kicked out of school.

What do you think?

jameswebsteruk
05-17-2001, 05:13 PM
In my humble opinion. Shame no one else seems to think so....

;)

Martial Joe
05-17-2001, 10:18 PM
This was poated a wile ago.Did you ever end up fighting him...

shaolinboxer
05-30-2001, 05:50 PM
Report this kid to the proper authoratative body.

His punishment will be far worse than a bloody nose. Violence always begats violence, but administrative punishment works nicely.

There is no shame in that, it's just smart.

Midwest
05-30-2001, 06:48 PM
In the way I see the world, you still dont have real provocation to fight him in the street. You shouldnt "take" anything from him, you definately should verbally get on his case/stand up.

I didnt catch how old you are, but if you want to fight him, see if you could get a MA instructor to referee, etc. There is very little chance the guy will go through with it. Once you start talking about rules, equipment, gloves, throws, etc, untrained people will freak out.

SLC
05-30-2001, 07:22 PM
That's a good idea, Midwest. Go to one of the coaches and sit down and tell him the problem. See if he will agree to ref a few rounds of the "manly art".

That should eliminate the chance you have of getting ganged up on outside of school, or getting beaten sensless if the guy is just a psyco.

Then quietly ask the guy if he wants to meet you at the gym? Quietly because this gives him a chance to say no.

Losttrak
06-02-2001, 11:23 PM
Its all about the situation really. I admit I gave someone as many as five chances once, but then I beat him over the head with a metal chair(my more wild days). I figure if you firmly ask someone to stop repeatedly then they deserve what is coming to them. Not everyone may have the means to deal with a bully. If you do, then you have been given a gift to control this situation. In all the fights I have been in, every time I won the other person tried to be my friend after that. Weird, eh? Sometimes a good butt whoopin is what someone needs to put their behavior into perspective. Its really YOUR call but make sure you do it with minimal liability.

I do recall this one fight i was almost in. Some guys on the football team told this new thuggish kid I did some martial arts. He used to come up to me and play fight and one day I tripped him up in front of the whole team. It really embarrassed him. Everyone began daring us to fight each other and sure enuff we said we would. We both went off behind the field house with a few spectators and squared off. Then we kinda looked at each other and admitted that we had been "dared" to fight. As we decided we wouldnt, he pulled out a padlock stuffed in a sock he was hiding behind his back. I never even suspected that in 10th grade. =p Would have been really ugly... Anyways, be careful what fights you pick since people never forget their failures.

Scott
06-03-2001, 10:21 AM
(Before I start, Celestial Amiboshi kinda reminds me of the kid in Simpsons who says "You soiled my doily!" ...Although he does offer sound advice, so no offense. =P

A year and a half ago, before I started Wing Chun, I was getting picked on hard core in one of my classes. I have a great group of friends and a great girlfriend, so it didn't really bother me that much--it was just in one class, so I didn't really do anything about it. However, that summer, I started Wing Chun. Being picked on was one of the reasons, but not the only one.

Now, no one picks on me, but I doubt any of them even know I take Wing Chun. My attitude is basically this -- Say whatever you want, push whatever you want, I don't get concerned or worried or even phased. Words are pretty meaningless to me, if they're offensive. BUT, if you want to do something meaningful against me--take it to a physical level, I'm ready for that. Maybe people think I kind of want it (I kind of do.) So no one picks on me, or even puts me down, unless they're my good friends. If someone does give me that "Get out of my way or I'll kick your ass" attitude, I just give them that same bored stare I give my teachers.

HOWEVER, since you're in the middle of a year (Or what? How old is this post, it's summer now?) I suggest asking him why he thinks you want to beat him up.. He may just be screwing with you, but in a mean way. If that's the case, I'm afraid you'll have to stand up to him. Have faith in your abilties. You may have to sacrifice Six Flags to get some peace of mind, but it's well worth it. You COULD challenge him after school, but I've always thought that was a bad idea--it depends on your school. My school is pretty heavy on gangs and violence, so meeting after school is a good way to get jumped by 10 people. IN school, he can't have a way to prepare an ambush or bring a weapon.

-Scott

"Life is hard, but so am I." -- The Eels.

Wongsifu
06-07-2001, 12:56 AM
In school we never really had any bullies everyone was friend but this one kid started to be a pain in the ass for no reason to this other guy u know the usual shoving and stuff like that anyhow the kid had enough of this shoving and crap.One day the kid started to shove him and within a second it looked like he had more than enough so this guy executed some WWF move he picks the kid up in a kind of scoop and just slams him on to the floor It was actually hilarious to witness and the noise was defeaning anyway the wannabe bully just got up dusted himself off and everyone was back to normal after that

Ive finally done it I can train longer by getting paid to do nothing , and my parents always called me lazy :)
get paid online http://www.spedia.net/cgi-bin/tz.cgi?run=show_svc&fl=8&vid=2475225