PDA

View Full Version : Help with tendonitis

Midnight Oil
08-20-2003, 02:25 PM
Hey folks.

I've had this really freakin' annoying case of tendonitis in my elbow for about 6 weeks. I've stopped any sort of upper body workout, and I've been iciing it daily.

Any advice on how to speed the recovery process?

Any help is appreciated.

No_Know
08-21-2003, 07:30 AM
Yhre answers This person got might be adaptable to your situation.
Manuel's knee tendonitis (http://www.ontherun.com/clinic/messages/1105.htm)

General info +herbal cure~? (http://www.healthy.net/asp/templates/article.asp?PageType=article&ID=1347)

And I would see if I could do some distance Hands-Over-by Ernie Moore Jr.

If your elbow works better by tomorrow (Friday 22 August 2003A)afternoon and you were not doing any thing really different with it to heal it; it would be nice~ to be informed.

tanglang
08-21-2003, 08:32 AM
means: relax and don't do anything exept icing of course, no weight-lifting at all- which tendon by the way? Where does it hurt exactly...? Sounds like a so called tennis- or golfer-ellbow- depends on where it hurts- and after 6 weeks allready? Hmm- maybe no more icing- did you go to a physiotherapist allready or to a doctor? You know it's allways difficult to make a diagnosis without seeing the arm..? I'd beginn to carefully get the muscle -tonus down by easy easy stretching- and massage of the hypertone musclegroups.. but first let someone have a LOOK on your ellbow, and let him tell you HOW, before you do that, also frictions with an ice-lolly ( ask a physiotherapist for that ) might help. Also something like ipuprophen-do you have it in the US? or rheumatic cremes for a better blood-circulation: and: there is always the discussion of ice or warmth in that cases- after 6 weeks it depends on how your ellbow looks like.

Midnight Oil
08-21-2003, 08:38 AM
Thanks for info guys!

I'm not sure which tendon it is, but my doc did diagnose it as being "tennis elbow". I've only recently started icing it, and I think that's helping.

No physio yet.

tanglang
08-21-2003, 08:51 AM
It's not only because it's my own profession: I think it wouldn't be bad to go to a physio, too..;) But if you just started icing and allready have the feeling that it helps it sounds like the right therapy for your ellbow! How many minutes do you use ice?

No_Know
08-22-2003, 12:01 PM
Does the elbow area feel any worse today? Worse seems not nice. Not worse seems good.