PDA

View Full Version : "Underground Fighting"

IronFist
08-22-2003, 06:42 PM
Secret Underground Fighting (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3343672974&category=2278)

"Because this video equips the viewer with moves and techniques from a closed-door, hidden family Gung Fu system, the knowledge contained in this video is only for those people who want to expand their repertoire as a martial artist."

^That bolding is his, not mine.

IronFist

IronFist
08-22-2003, 06:44 PM
It looks like they have a website (http://www.undergroundfighting.com). It looks like NINJAS in the picture with the ski mask.

They have some clips you can download. I'm going to check them out, but I have a dialup connection so it might take a while.

IronFist

IronFist
08-22-2003, 06:49 PM
"Due to the fact that this is a very strict "hidden family" gung fu system, the video instructor(s) for this particular video will be masked to protect their identity since this one is in "limited release" to the public. The purpose of the video release is to be able to "share" and "contribute" some of these techniques with those outside the family system."

IronFist

SifuAbel
08-22-2003, 06:49 PM
............But It could have been worse.

IronFist
08-22-2003, 07:07 PM
The first video shows a cool overhead angle at the end. That's actually pretty useful.

However, I don't get the technique being shown in the first video:

He throws a right punch, you punch him in the face with your left hand while blocking his punch with your right arm over your own shoulder. :confused: Looks to me like you're gonna get punched, too.

I've never tried it though. Maybe it works.

Volcano Admim
08-22-2003, 08:55 PM
"Underground" for me means a lot of leather, nipple clamps, whips, piercings, melting burning candles.

Kristoffer
08-23-2003, 09:43 AM
Underground for me is the same thing as ''subway''

Marky
08-23-2003, 02:54 PM
"However, I don't get the technique being shown in the first video:

He throws a right punch, you punch him in the face with your left hand while blocking his punch with your right arm over your own shoulder. Looks to me like you're gonna get punched, too." Ironfist

In a scenario like that it's your punching hand that does the blocking through interception, and the right hand is a checkhing hand to make sure you don't get punched in the face. From my experience you won't always be able to hit very hard with the first punch, but it will be right in the guy's face and you'll be ready for a follow-up. In this case, the guy is intentionally using his right hand as a block, which isn't a good idea because if the other guy is good, he's going to take your right hand and pull it down to stop your left hand attack, which would be coming under the bridge.

In other words, the technique given in the first video follows a useful principle, but the technique they derived from it isn't as efficient as it could be. But I was unimpressed with the second video.

Also, this little scenario leaves a lot of factors unaccounted for, namely what the opponent's left hand is doing.

old jong
08-23-2003, 03:01 PM
Never trust a guy wearing a sock on his face!...;)

chen zhen
08-23-2003, 03:05 PM
Il est completement folle...;)

old jong
08-23-2003, 03:11 PM
...Not "folle"...Fou!....;) :D

IronFist
08-23-2003, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the explination, Marky.

IronFist