:)

Kristoffer
08-23-2003, 09:23 AM
yeah this is one o the better ones

Shaolin-Do
08-23-2003, 11:44 AM
hehehehehe Start shaui chiao on monday!
Am kinda excited... Gonna make my week hella busy tho... SD from 6-7 tuesday, 6-8 wednesday, 6-7 thursday, 6-8 friday,
BJJ from 5-7 monday, 5-7 thurs, SC from 7-9 monday, 7-9 thursday....

chen zhen
08-23-2003, 11:59 AM
B@stard!:)

I wish I could train that much. But no schools seems to do this around here, & I'm to busy with other things as well. so..
& no SC here:mad:

WanderingMonk
08-23-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
Am kinda excited... Gonna make my week hella busy tho... SD from 6-7 tuesday, 6-8 wednesday, 6-7 thursday, 6-8 friday,
SD,

You either are going to be an awesome fighter or on the fast track to be a burn out on the fighter superhighway.

At least you won't be road kill. :)

I wish you luck

wm

CrippledAvenger
08-23-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin-Do

Dude, some friendly advice now-- pare down your schedule. Your body's definitely going to need some time to adjust to being throw, taking hard falls and the conditioning necessary for Shuai Chiao. I only say this because I'm currently going through the same process.

Shuai Chiao HURTS. It's fun, and it's definitely what I want to do with my time, but man, you've got to let your body heal. :(

Shaolin-Do
08-24-2003, 12:23 AM
Honestly, plan on giving the SC at least 2 weeks before I start in the bJJ with it, but I already got a few years experience in BJJ... I dunno... too durnk to post anyhting worth reading. See you all tomorrow.

Shaolin-Do
08-24-2003, 12:24 AM
Edit:
be an awesome fighter or on the fast track to be a burn out on the fighter superhighway.

Can sleep 2 - 4 hours at work per day. Not worried bout getting over worked.
:D

WanderingMonk
08-24-2003, 03:56 AM
SD,

One more advise, actually it was an observation made by John Wang in the emptyflower forum. John wang was working with one of the san da fighter at the school of wang's student. Wang noticed that the fighter don't fight the throw into the ground. Wang asked him about this and the fighter replied he had bjj training and was an excellent bjj fighter. so, the san da fighter naturally want to take thing to the ground and so he doesn't resist the throw fully but want to drag the other guy down with him.

John Wang felt the san da fighter wasn't developing the resistence to throw and surrendering part of the standup game.

something to keep in mind when you cross-train in bjj and sc.

wm

Water Dragon
08-24-2003, 07:52 AM
SD, Kirk will teach you a little BJJ in class. They'll be using punches with the locks and chokes, but you'll learn. You'll also get a nice mix of Long Fist and Wing Chun as stand up.

What you're not going to get out of SC is the whole kung Fu movie flix thing (forms, uniforms, etc) It will be closer to the atmosphere in a boxing or Muay Thai gym.

If you take the SC, take it because you want to learn to fight. Not because it's "cool" or "tough" or "just something to do" If that's what you want, devote a couple of years to the SC, and MAYBE 1 other art at most.

Give yourself a couple of months to get used to SC, that's what it takes. It never doesn't hurt, but after a while, it wont bother you at all anymore. And remember that all the nasty $hit Kirk and Gene's going to do to you, you'll be able to do to if you just keep training.

I want a full report from you on Tuesday :)

Shaolin-Do
08-24-2003, 02:08 PM
Like I said, I plan on getting used to the SC training before starting any BJJ. Doubt Ill really have too much time for it anyways, cause I dont get off work till 4:30 or 5. I know its not flashy, I like to throw people. :)
Uniforms - As far as I know right now, kirk plans on getting uniforms once he sees who all is going to stay, ect...