PDA

View Full Version : strikes to the jaw

ged
10-13-2001, 03:58 AM
ok, picture a side palm (or punch) to the jaw. its meant to make the skull move quickly, so the brain hits the side and gets knocked out. or, the brain stem is dumped back on itself, causing a knockout.

my question - what if the guy has his mouth open? obviously the jaw is going to shut in a hurry, maybe cracking a few teeth, but wont most of the impact force be lost?

the first fight i got into, i had my jaw open. whoops. got 2 teeth knocked out. and by the way - dont aim for the mouth, i didnt even feel pain until after the fight, i just got ****ed off.

so, my question - jaw open - will it still have the effect as if theyre jaw was closed? what about circular strikes to the side of the jaw?

SevenStar
10-13-2001, 04:18 AM
I could be wrong, (it wouldn't be the first time ;) ), but I don't think an open mouth would lessen the effect. If it does however, I wouldn't think it would be too much.

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
" - nightair

Kevin73
10-13-2001, 05:44 AM
I guess it depends on which angle the strike is coming from. If it is open on a side strike it can break the jaw or dislocate it. If it's coming down to the chin (hammerfist)you can again break the jaw bone off the hinges. upward strike if it's a la Michael Jordan their minus a tongue. LOL or chip break teeth.

"God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

OdderMensch
10-13-2001, 08:47 AM
that the point of the jaw/hinge point is real close to the inner ear/balance center. shocking the jaw properly will "stun" the inner ear causing severe disorintation/knock out.

brain hiting skull alsow sucks.

Kristoffer
10-13-2001, 10:59 AM
always shut your mouth as much as possible when fighting. it so ya dont dislocate your jaw silly :rolleyes: :D
peace now //

~K~
"maybe not in combat..... but think of the chicks man, the chicks!"

LEGEND
10-13-2001, 05:22 PM
u hit me with my jaw open or close...doesn't matter...same results=KO.

A

Shaolin
10-13-2001, 05:45 PM
Jaw open, close no matter can still dislocate if the attacker knows how :mad:

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

kwokfist
10-14-2001, 03:15 AM
Try hitting someone in the jaw with your palm at a 45 degree angle perpendicular to the point of his chin. It rams the jaw into its joint successfully putting your opponent in extreme pain.

Happened to me... It totally destroys the floating disc in between your joint. My jaw still pops around in its joint once in a while and I have to do this weird thing with it to keep the disc from falling in between the joint space.

Hurts like a *****.

kwokfist
10-14-2001, 03:16 AM
if you're jaw is open, there is also a greater chance that your tongue will be slightly out and boy if that guy slams your jaw shut you're going to be walkin around for a while with a half tongue.

kwokfist
10-14-2001, 03:18 AM
you can dislocate the jaw by doing a sort of round-house palm to the lower part of the jaw. see, if you hit close to the joint, the impact spreads out more, but if you hit further away, it will more than likely rip your tendons and dislocate your jaw.

not fun.

fiercest tiger
10-14-2001, 03:53 AM
this is the joint you wanna hit! :rolleyes:

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com