PDA

View Full Version : Shaolin Daggers...Gene?

crazymaddrunk
08-24-2003, 12:51 AM
ANYONE know where I could find a decent set of ring-daggers? When I say decent, I mean good steel, sharp, and sturdy. Not the cheap things you get for $15...

Gene- the weapons you guys sell are great, any thoughts or word of you guys making some decent daggers?

Speaking of daggers, anyone know any good dagger forms?

Ravenshaw
08-24-2003, 12:18 PM
The cheap daggers that I have experience with are pretty sturdy. I have seen a pair on the market that is not sharp on the edges, but the point is rather... well... pointy. But it is my understanding that the point is what matters with a dagger. As for good steel... all I can say is "good luck on that."

I imagine you could try to get a custom pair, or even take a look at some medieval replicas (western weapon enthusiasts tend to be more anal about the quality of their weapons, so you can find some good stuff if you know where to look). If you want to check to see if anything is suitable, here's a good place to start: http://www.museumreplicas.com/

I haven't seen many dagger forms, but Bak Sil Lum's double dagger set has a lot in it that I like, including a section of ground work. I demoed part of it for our school's open house back in June. Most people said they thought it was really cool. But then again, mayhaps they were just being polite :p .

bodhitree
08-25-2003, 06:33 AM
Good daggar work
Filipino martial arts!

GeneChing
08-25-2003, 09:27 AM
Funny you should ask. I've been working on getting a good set of ring daggers in stock here for years. Still working on it. Right now, the only daggers we carry are the Tamo hidden daggers (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/45-74kk.html).

BenjaminAZ
08-25-2003, 04:50 PM
actually, i have a pair that i purchased about a year ago and have never used, and i was planning on putting them on eBay later this week. if you might be interested, email me at blx678@hotmail.com and i can send you some pics of them, and we can talk...

Lokhopkuen
09-29-2003, 03:28 PM
Wing Lam (WLE.COM) sells some nice ones from the Shaolin forge, or at least they look identical to the ones i brought back from Shaolin village....
Look for the green wrap on the handles.

Peace

ninthdrunk
09-29-2003, 05:31 PM
crazymaddrunk-

as far as dagger forms go, i love the shaolin double dagger forms that we have been taught. as an internalist though, i love the yin yang dagger set.

Ben

ps. love the name