View Full Version : Ot: R.i.p.

CaptinPickAxe
08-24-2003, 04:16 PM
Wesley Willis, the skizo-musician,Died Friday. He spawned such hits as:
-Birdman Kicked my Ass
-Rock Saddam's Ass
-They threw me out of Church

He will be missed.

"I snuck on to his property, I trespassed on his real-estate.
I picked up a brick and broke his window pane. He proceed to pistol-whip my behind.
BIRDMAN KICKED MY ASS!"
-Wesley Willis
"Birdman Kicked my Ass"

Chang Style Novice
08-24-2003, 07:14 PM
I was more upset about the passing of Floyd Tillman, myself.

Volcano Admim
08-24-2003, 07:31 PM
I am a schizo too (u guess why/how)
And I used to be amateur musician

Much respect to this guy, RIP
although I do not know who he was

Shaolin-Do
08-24-2003, 07:49 PM
Wesley willis was the man. RIP

Chang Style Novice
08-24-2003, 08:19 PM
Wesley Willis was a sad, naive novelty act. His "fans" didn't respect him, they saw him as a freak. Still, he was probably better off as a sideshow exhibit than as a mentally ill street person. I'm glad that his pain has come to an end.

But Floyd Tillman (http://www.birthplaceofcountrymusic.org/heritage/biographies/tillman_f.htm) was truly the MAN. he invented the country cheatin' song, wrote hits for Willie Nelson, Ernest Tubb, Merle Haggard and many others, and along with Bob Wills was one of the first to bring jazz swing into country heartbreak.

Volcano Admim
08-24-2003, 08:23 PM
much respects to Chang Style N, I feel he will die too

Shaolin-Do
08-24-2003, 09:03 PM
Ehehehe.... Wesley Willis was the sheeot.

Souljah
08-25-2003, 05:29 AM
****, wesley willis was loops! But funny still
I just gotta listen to the interview on Howard Stern with im

how did he die?

CaptinPickAxe
08-25-2003, 12:07 PM
complications from lukemia

Chang Style Novice
08-25-2003, 12:23 PM
Once again, Floyd Tillman (http://www.cmt.com/news/feat/ftillman.082503.jhtml), a real musical genius with a far reaching influence dead at 88. Ironically, leukemia killed him as well.

Grow some ears!

CaptinPickAxe
08-25-2003, 01:07 PM
I've never liked country music.
But I did enjoy the antics of Wesley Willis, but regardless when most people die, its appropriate to say a prayer or pour out some liquor or smoke a fat doob in their name...

Shaolin-Do
08-25-2003, 01:10 PM
Or all 3.

CPA... all I have to say... is KALI MIST....Mmmm.... None of my own, but jesus... err... James christ it was awesome!

(feel I should recognise jesus poor brother james, must be a hard life bein brother of jesus)

CaptinPickAxe
08-25-2003, 01:14 PM
Get some! Save some! Make it my 'welcome home' present. Just a beezie will suffice.

Shaolin-Do
08-25-2003, 01:15 PM
DUnno if even thats still around... Endulged over the weekend, was mind numbingly pleasant. Very spicy taste.
The silver is due back in no time, as is the sheeva. So no worries, should be nice outside when you get back.
:)

CaptinPickAxe
08-25-2003, 01:20 PM
well, preserve some ov dat sh!t, and wezz gon' thaw it out and burn the house down when the gray goose flies over Say-Town.

Chang Style Novice
08-25-2003, 09:30 PM
Sorry, I have nothing but sympathy for WW, of course. He lived a too short and too tragic life. (I still wouldn't listen to one of his 'songs' again on a bet, though.)

I'm just feeling cranky, I guess. And you have my deepest sympathies if you don't like country music at all. You're missing out on some amazing emotion and musicianship. I love music, period, without regard for categories. Well, except for the categories of good and bad. Try doing the same, without preconceptions, and you will enrich your life.

Serpent
08-25-2003, 10:04 PM
All country music sucks.

"Good" country music is like a "good" Shaolin-Do school! ;)

CaptinPickAxe
08-26-2003, 12:47 PM
I'm a music lover a well...hell, I'm one of the only people who can actually listen to Tricky. But, there is something whiney, b!tchy, and annoying about country. I like some of the new guys (don't know their names, form austin, sings about mushrooms and pot)

I listen to everything ranging from hip-hop to jazz to electronica to indy rock to pat benetar to traditional japanese music. I listen to it because I am a musician. check the link...

Shaolin-Do
08-26-2003, 12:54 PM
The steel guitars... They make me want to put my face through a wall.

CaptinPickAxe
08-26-2003, 12:55 PM
steal guitars made me put my face through a wall...

rubthebuddha
08-26-2003, 02:49 PM
actually, i despise country as a genre, but there's some country that's just **** good music, period. that stuff transcends genre, same as something like atb or darude transcends most of the **** that is european electronica.

american electronica? that's a whole different story, and not a pretty one. :(

CaptinPickAxe
08-26-2003, 02:59 PM
whao, whoa whoa...
Darude?
ATB?
c'mon,RTB. I figured you had more taste than that.
as for american Electronica...
The Crystal Method
Dj Shadow
DJ Spooky

But if your refering to European Electronica you should of said Chemical Brother, The Prodigy, or Massive Attack.
by the way check out my site, gots some good sh*t.

norther practitioner
08-26-2003, 03:16 PM
Even though I'm a junglist... I'd have to say 99% of the electronica out there is crap.. 99.9% of house is just junk, same for trance....
Now, UK garage house, there are some good songs in there, and in breakbeats...
As far as US DJs are concerned, there aren't too many I like, most are junglists, some in the breakbeats, like Adam Freeland and a little bit of Icey's stuff.

rubthebuddha
08-26-2003, 03:18 PM
your yankee choices are good, but they haven't done anything of substance in years. crystal method's tweakend was one of the worst musical disappointments i've had in a while -- only sneaker pimps' second album upset me more.

chemical is also good, but they're old and tired, prodigy's getting there, and massive attack ... well, they just kick ass.

i've just heard listened to those bands you mentioned more times than i should safely say, and i'm looking for other stuff.

CaptinPickAxe
08-26-2003, 03:27 PM
I tend to stay away from "techno". As I love Trip-Hop.
ya know, Dj Shadow, Dj Krush, Dj Vadim, Dj Cam, and anything from ninja tune. As for TCM new CD, I couldn't agree w/ you more, It sucks the big one. But Vegas was a classic. As for jungle, I love abstract DnB, Have you heard of Amon Tobin? The man is a musical genius, along with his down tempo counter part Bonobo. I highly recomend all I have listed if you haven't heard them. I don't consider House, trance, or anything of the sort music seeing how it is a joke to make.

I'm no yank neither, I'm a southerner.

norther practitioner
08-26-2003, 03:49 PM
I think the yank more refers to American here....

Anyhow, I'm into total science on one side and Bad Company on the other as far as producers go... and skibidee is one hellova mc.

CaptinPickAxe
08-26-2003, 03:57 PM
Skibadee & Fearless
good jungle MC's

Chang Style Novice
08-26-2003, 08:37 PM
Ever check out "The Bug"? - I forget his real name, but I think he's a brit, putting down some hard HARD beats for reggae chatters...