PDA

View Full Version : What is Pao Fa Lien Wing Chun like ?

FIRE HAWK
08-25-2003, 08:20 PM
What is Pao Fa Lien Wing Chun like ? How is it diffrent than other Wing Chun versions ? Has anybody ever seen its forms how are they different than Yip Man s Wing Chun forms ?

reneritchie
08-26-2003, 06:57 AM
If I had to describe it to someone who'd never seen it, I'd say it looks like Hung style footwork done with a Yang Taiji style flow. It has some movements recognizable WCK (in the Sum or Yip or Koo Lo mould) and some very different looking. The forms bear little, if any, choreographic similarity to what most people are used to. They tend to be much, much longer and more complicated, and to move around quite a bit.

(based on seeing only their Siu Nim Tao, Chum Kiu, Biu Jee, pole and Dummy - they have a bunch of other sets)

FIRE HAWK
08-26-2003, 05:37 PM
It sounds like an interesting system of Wing Chun .

hakka jai
11-09-2004, 08:32 AM
Hi folks ,
Has anyone found any links for pao fa lien WC as there isn't any info on it that goes into any depth but i used to have a article on it yrs back but unfortuntely i gave the mag away.

Cheers
hakka jai

CFT
11-09-2004, 09:42 AM
Sifu Derek Frearson in the UK has some contact with Pao Fa Lien Wing Chun people. In the Summer of 2001, sifu Leo Man (PFL WCK) gave a seminar to the ITSWA association.

See 2001 Seminar Reports for some pictures, but not much text: http://www.itswa.co.uk/main.htm