PDA

View Full Version : Elbow and Knee Strikes

zen_celt
03-22-2001, 02:42 AM
Anybody know the best/proper way to strengthen and execute elbow and knee strikes?

joedoe
03-22-2001, 04:02 AM
Practice?

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

Budokan
03-22-2001, 07:26 AM
Practice is how I'd go about it. Not sure how other people do it, though...

K. Mark Hoover

SevenStar
03-22-2001, 07:49 PM
Practice makes perfect. However, I noticed that you do not currently train anywhere but learn from books and friends that train. Make sure you form is correct, and learn various methods of the technique. The muay thai elbow is different in the way it is executed from the karate elbow. when you knee, are your toes pointed? Do you pivot your supporting leg and thrust your hips? Make sure you have your friends show you the proper technique - if you practice a sloppy technique, you will have a perfectly sloppy technique.

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; A fool speaks because he has to say something."

Martial Joe
03-25-2001, 05:11 AM
With the knee strikes i would drive off the ground with the aposing heal and with the elbows i would use as much as the body as possiple

LEGEND
03-27-2001, 11:53 PM
GO SLOW...work on the technique...the most effective ways are the knees done by the thai boxers...they drive the knee THROUGH you! Watch how they switch legs and do it again!!! Work it on a partner who is holding a shield or thai pads.

A