PDA

View Full Version : re ng mui"S dragon shape

russellsherry
08-26-2003, 06:19 PM
hi , guys a sifu out here teache"S dragon shape kuen now he claims, that it is related, to wing chun.,is this true ? or was it just, the martial art , ng mui praticed, before ,she founded wing chun, just as jkd came out of wing chun any thoughts? russellsherry

reneritchie
08-27-2003, 09:19 AM
The 'Five Elders' legend is used by many, many Southern systems. If you look around, you will find Ng Mui credited as the founder or co-founder of plum blossom, wing chun, white crane, dragon shape, chu ga (southern mantis), five pattern hung fist, weng chun (Fung Seiyuk version), Wumeipai/Ngmui Pai, and probably a bunch more.

In China, like here, if you had legendary roots, it was easier to attract students. It gave face to your system.

yuanfen
08-27-2003, 10:17 AM
"couldda been" school of history.

Outside chance that "Ng Mui" "evolved" and different stages of the evolution were given "names". That can happen at other times-
witness Leung Jan-preretirement- Chan Wa Shun--post retirement koo lo.
Even now-- "Ip man taught me a soft style wing chun"...and other claims.

russellsherry
09-17-2003, 04:10 PM
hi yeun fan thanks for the information , this perso trys to say that drago shape is like wing chun as i understand, it it is a good harders style peace russell sherry

Ng Mui
09-18-2003, 04:11 PM
Piecing together evidence from both historical facts and legends, I believe that the Five Shaolin Ancestors escaped from the southern Shaolin Monastery at Quanzhow. The Quanzhow Shaolin Monastery was then a rallying centre for revolutionaries against the Qing government. According to legends, the Manchurian prince Yong Cheng infiltrated into the southern Shaolin Monastery as a kungfu monk. After familiarizing himself with the secrets of the monastery as well as of Shaolin Kungfu, and after becoming the Qing emperor, he dispatched an army with the help of kungfu experts from Tibet to raze the monastery to the ground.

Later, a lady kungfu master named Lui Sei Leong infiltrated into the palace, fought her way single-handed through layers of imperial guards and assassinated the emperor Yong Cheng, who himself was a kungfu expert. Lui Sei Leong then renounced worldly life and became a nun. Some people believed she was Ng Mui. Ng Mui wandered over China but spend much of her time in Yunnan. Her two favourite disciples were Yim Wing Chun, who later founded Wing Chun Kungfu, and Foong Sai Yoke, whose mainstream training was from the Venerable Chee Seen.

blooming lotus
09-18-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by reneritchie
The 'Five Elders' legend is used by many, many Southern systems. If you look around, you will find Ng Mui credited as the founder or co-founder of plum blossom, wing chun, white crane, dragon shape, chu ga (southern mantis), five pattern hung fist, weng chun (Fung Seiyuk version), Wumeipai/Ngmui Pai, and probably a bunch more.

In China, like here, if you had legendary roots, it was easier to attract students. It gave face to your system.

like dim mak

ng mui, your memory fails you. How could Ng Mui act against the qing resulting in foundation of wing chun when wing chun arose out of the qings bid against the ming. As for her two deciples, I agree wholeheatredly although it is my belief that original five elders came from various regions and perhaps met in southern china to merge styles which then became wing chun. However , with shaolins position now volatile it was a sensible thing to send the non shaolin indoctrinees to present wing chun face to chins as everyone else had their designated region / country / province for example pls see tales of the red junk opera.

I think your pretty close, but your time line is out just slightly.

Phenix
09-18-2003, 06:26 PM
IMHO.:D

Sound great but

1, There is a Chinese novel book about Nam Shao LIn... Hung Fa Ting..... about these stories.. I think I gave it to Rene years ago. and it doesn't make sense that Ng Mui teaches Yim Wing Chun direct, if Ng Mui is say 30 years old at 1720. NG Mui is an undead ET or vampire like me or lestart?
So when exactly the five elderly escape from Shao LIn? When Ng Mui? When Chee Sim?

May be we can created a REAL STORY about LEONG JAN teaching BRUCE LEE. and it is real. :D

I can take a picture and proof Leong Jan's home exist. Thus, Leong Jan teaching Bruce Lee is real. and I can get Diaz to get Jim to WaiKIKI to agree with me. :D (hey jim don't tell the fung family and our wifes that Diaz was with us when she broke her noise. that accident Sun punch right? she suppose to do the biu jee set's -- the wui wan yiu.. lean backward to avoid the punch.:D)

2, Yong Cheng is a Chan buddhist in the history of China who reform Chan Buddhism. and the walking Chan meditaion started because of him. why should he burn Chan Temple?

3, so, how is Lui invented the inch punch? Same question to MR. TAN SAU NG or YAT CHAN.

see Lui's time was 1720's and White Crane has had the Inch Jing Join Power many decades ago at late 1600, Fujian and Taiwan.
I didn't recall Tan Sau Ng or Yat Chan going to Taiwan. May be someone can add that Tan Sau Ng and Yat Chan going to Taiwan with General Cheng Chen-Kung now to make story more real.

well.... I can proof to Rene is REAL Matrix too. buy and send him all the movies.. :D

IMHO,

There is imformation and there are FACTS.
and within FACTS there are the relevent and irrelevant.

One can swamp one with all imformation. That is not going to get one anywhere because imformation doesn't equal to FACTS. and irrelevant facts is not relevant.

We can connect everything we want but it is not going to work.

The reason is simple. Can we differentiate between Imformation and Facts? between relevant and irrelevant? If we can't then, mark my words, 80 years from today people will laugh at WCK saying ---- you guys don't even know how to think accurately, how can you guys be good in Martial arts and call yourself HISTORIAN OF WCK? IMPOSSIBLE. What a joke.

We need to learn to think accurately. The old chinese way of swamping or creating tons or tons of stories to over loaded and manupulate the illitarate villagers doesn't work anymore. Sorry, now is a technological era. and 80 years from today. ..

WCK is great and is high tech. so even without the imformation overloading tactics it still will sell.

Just IMHO and two cents.

Hahahaha, SAVI is right I must have a mood swing. :D
but if I am not, then lots of people are in trouble. :D
OK, take me as MOOD SWING, life is more happy that way. :D:D

Jim Roselando
09-19-2003, 05:59 AM
Hey Hendrik!

You let the cat out of the bag!

I just hope the wife doesn't find out about our training with Diaz!

Quote from Leung Jan:

Wan Wun Yiu will rescue you from danger!

Too bad Diaz forgot this skill when the Sun punch was heading her way!

hahaha

See ya,

Ng Mui
09-19-2003, 03:29 PM
Since most of us are not hundreds of years old. No one knows Wing Chun history for sure.
Sometimes we know more than the world gives us credit. Think.......after all, the southern shaolin temple was found by historians less than a decade ago.
Perhaps historains will catch up with Ng Mui someday.

http://www.wahnam.com/QA/November1999.htm

Phenix
09-19-2003, 04:26 PM
Since most of us are not hundreds of years old. No one knows Wing Chun history for sure. -Ng Mui

Why not? we have gone a long long way babe. :D

Sometimes we know more than the world gives us credit. Think.......after all, the southern shaolin temple was found by historians less than a decade ago.
Perhaps historains will catch up with Ng Mui someday.

http://www.wahnam.com/QA/November1999.htm ---Ng MUi

1, so which southern shao lin is the real one? the Chuan Jiu? The Po Tien.....
2, what is the connection between martial art DNA? As I post above, where is this people learn the ALREADY INVENTED technics from the White Crane of Fujian? Taiwan?

A great website but sorry I disagree with sifu Wong Kiu-Kit totally when it comes to WCK.

Fakuen is not the original of WingChunKuen. At least , That is not so in the Writing which Sifu Cho Hong-Choy passed to me. and Stories cannot take as real without relevant factual evidents.