PDA

View Full Version : Another training cycle soon starts...

Suntzu
08-27-2003, 09:31 AM
soon... like next weekend... so its off to the store for my nesscessarily unnesscessary supplements... the grocery store to stock up on the good chicken breast... steaks... tuna fish... the dreaded salad greens... time to pick out the new improved scientific breakthrough resistance training programs to experiment with... i have already taken note of the weakness in skill i have to improve on... the diet changes i will make this time around... like i won't be as strict this time... only hardcore strict on the late diner menu... try new foods (are rice noodles "good"?)... i actually like wheat bread now... summer was real nice with all the fruit... i guess fall and winter will be the salad months?... ahh the sprints... the rope jumping... the bike riding... all the many push ups... u just gotta love it...

fa_jing
08-28-2003, 11:27 AM
you should make your own salad instead of buying greens. It will be fresher and taste better. There should be a variation that you enjoy. You may want to try steaming vegetables, too.

Suntzu
08-29-2003, 07:13 AM
:mad: i hate veggies....... i'm just really getting into the salads..... i'll get the bag crap for now... but once i get an idea of what i like and don't like... i'll start doing it on my own..... that's one thing training has helped me with is my diet.... i'm slowly pulling away from the processed stuff and working toward using whole ingredients..... slowly tho...

fa_jing
08-29-2003, 10:14 AM
Ideas: Doesn't have to be lettuce everytime. You can do a red salad (good with pork chop), with shredded beets, carrots, and onions. Make mayonaisse dressing with some vinegar. Get into the different kinds of vinegar, white wine, balsamic etc.

You can do a shredded cabbage salad Red, white

You can do a latin-carribean salad: Avocado slices, tomato slices, onion slices, salt, squeeze a half a lime over it. Great with fish and rice.

Cucumber salad. (not my specialty). I even like cucumber juice. Peel, toss the cucumber in a blender with water, blend, strain, add more water and sugar to taste.

Steamed vegetables: try bite sized potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, asparugus, carrot, squash, zucchini. Not all at once, but always include potato and carrot along with some of the greens. The carrots become sweet when you steam them. We don't have a steamer, we just put a half-inch of water in a spaghetti pot, put the vegetables in a collander above the water, and cover. When you get good at it, you put in first the vegetables that take longer to cook, then add the others later. It only takes a few minutes, it's quite fast. Now you have your steamed vegetables, but you need a dressing. For this we like to make a mustard dressing with mustard, oil, vinegar, etc. We like to eat the steamed vegetables with either kielbasa (sausage) or shrimp.

I'm wasting time today before the long weekend, hope you get something out of this!!

Suntzu
08-29-2003, 11:33 AM
thanx.... i'm re-affirming my hate for salads..... u see that commercial saluting the guy that invinted the taco salad.... funny stuff.... a half hour and i can go home for the weekend.....