PDA

View Full Version : Hung Gar

wushutiger
04-24-2001, 01:23 AM
Does anyone know of a good hung gar, choy li fut, and/or wing chun school in suburban maryland?

"I do not fear the 10,000 kicks you have practiced once, I fear the 1 kick you have practiced 10,000 times." - shaolin saying

Laine Nakachi
04-25-2001, 10:16 AM
WushuTiger,

Since you live in Baltimore , you probably may know about Hagerstown .

Close Range Combat Academy
1059 Virginia Avenue 21795
Intructor Wayne Jackson

If I'm not mistaken this guy wayne,probably trained by Sifu Randy
Williams. Who himself is a wing chun kung fu sifu.

Other than that go and learn from Sifu Tai Yim.He's an expert in the Hung Fut style of kung fu.If I was living in Balimore I ,would learn from Sifu Tai Yim.Take Care .

Sil Lum Kuen
P.S. Hung gar & Fut Gar is what makes up the Hung Fut system , bye.

wushutiger
04-29-2001, 10:24 PM
thanks a lot

but, tai yim doesn't even teach himself. He has his students teach for him.

"I do not fear the 10,000 kicks you have practiced once, I fear the 1 kick you have practiced 10,000 times." - shaolin saying

Subject24601
05-01-2001, 05:45 AM
Sifu Tai Yim does not head the classes himself, that is not the same as not teaching himself. He is there at the school 24/7 going through the students as neccessary along with his instructors. He has final word on every movement taught and made there when classes are in session. He is literally always there for any stundets to go up to and ask questions, he is really quite friendly and helpful about it too. Its all about the student just having the guts to ask him for his time, b/c for some reason some ppl are just intimidated to ask him for instruction b/c of his position.

"Ideas are not responsible for the people who believe in them."

Subject24601
05-02-2001, 05:11 AM
If there are other ppl recommending it to you even though they are in other schools, and it is so well known for producing good students, doesnt that tell you something? Sifu heading the class or not heading the class, good students are good students, near everbody who knows about the school respects it, except for Rolls that is:rolleyes:. You should go down to take a look if you haven't and perhaps you should check where you got your information from and in what sense it was given to you. If all else fails, if you go down to our school talk to the man himself, Sifu Tai Yim, he will be there.

"Ideas are not responsible for the people who believe in them."

[This message was edited by Subject24601 on 05-02-01 at 08:17 PM.]