PDA

View Full Version : UK Police

scotty1
08-29-2003, 03:08 AM
I'm seriously thinking of joining the Police.

Anyone know anyone with friends in a UK Police force?

Also, to keep this on-topic, does anyone know anything about the control and restraint training they use, and where it may be derived from?

Cheers.

Souljah
08-29-2003, 03:26 AM
my cousin is a policeman, he's been in the 'force' for about 17 years now.....

And He also trains cadets, I will find out some info on how to get started for you by this evening.....

-greg

Liokault
08-29-2003, 03:41 AM
I have also been thinking of joining the police but have more or less given up the idea.

A friend of mine who tried to join was turned down twice even though he is the right age, fit and has a degree. I think he failed the situational tests.

Another friend has just gone away to police camp (where ever the met send u) and he's a total head case with a criminal record for assalt and a large range of very illegal weaponry at home.
He told me that one of the things that went in his favor when joining the poliuce was that he had asked to go out in police cars as an interested observer as I belive that any one can do and sounds totaly cool (seeing such things as ploice dogs let loose on gypsies lol).
Also if u apply for the met you are more likely to get in as they are very short of applicants.....they pay much more to.

scotty1
08-29-2003, 04:10 AM
Cheers. Thanks for the responses.

Yeah, I think that interested observer thing sounds cool. Good idea, I didn't know you could do that.

CaptinPickAxe
08-29-2003, 12:32 PM
I saw the Scottland Yard on TV once. Those guys are hard-@sses. There was this theif or somethin' of the sort getting into a car. When outta nowhere 4 or 5 black BMW's roll up and box him in. Next thing you know a gaggle of UC's have swarmed the car busted out most of the windows and pulled the perp throught the window. He landed on his face but he had cuffs on before he hit the ground. I was stunned. All this took place in about 10 seconds. I felt like I was watching a mob flick...:D

Shaolin-Do
08-29-2003, 01:36 PM
Forgot to mention the window was busted by a large man in a trenchcoat with a pistol grip mosburg. :)

Liokault
08-29-2003, 02:52 PM
the perp throught the window. He landed on his face but he had cuffs on before he hit the ground. I was stunned. All this took place in about 10 seconds. I felt like I was watching a mob flick...

What you didnt see was that they pulled over the wrong car and got the wrong guy.

When they picked up the rignt guy it turns out that due to road signs being painted the wrong color they had to be let off on a technicality. Also they were compensated for their trama and as their not UK citizens were housed, given free medical care for their TB and tucked into bed at night.

phoenix-eye
08-29-2003, 03:25 PM
Haha - nice one...

CaptinPickAxe
08-29-2003, 05:52 PM
Since we have our UK squad on...
Is "Big Brother" as bad as they make it out to be?
I hear you have sh*t loads of cameras all over.

Kristoffer
08-30-2003, 07:06 AM
Isn't the regular police-man in uk un-armed? The bobbys or whatever their name is..

Liokault
08-30-2003, 11:38 AM
Yes big brother is bad but we have more cameras than people watching screens so most stuff gets missed.
I have a friend who got into a huge fight involving weapons, car crime and hospitalisation right in front of a camera in oxford city center.

I also know that cameras are operated by civilians and can not be directed onto "suspected" criminals as they go about their normal bussiness.

Also yes most police are unarmed as gun crime in the UK is tiny what ever right wing pro gun lobbyists in the USA say.