PDA

View Full Version : World Population

IronFist
08-29-2003, 11:13 PM
Here (http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/ipc/popclockw)

Click refresh every few seconds.

IronFist

Oso
08-30-2003, 05:25 AM
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24459

;)

Ben Gash
08-30-2003, 06:38 AM
Oso, they estimate that world population will peak at 13 billion. The earth is capaple of supporting around 37 billion. I think we'll be all right.

Kristoffer
08-30-2003, 07:25 AM
cool site

Stranger
08-30-2003, 07:40 AM
they estimate that world population will peak at 13 billion.

I'm not disagreeing, because I know nothing of this subject, but was a reason given for this estimated cap on population growth.

Kristoffer
08-30-2003, 08:11 AM
The population will be about 400 after the big ass war in 30 years from now ;)

MonkeyKing
08-30-2003, 09:26 AM
Maybe we should all get rid of graveyards, they're an awful waste of good farm land. Just recycle all the dead into a great high protein fertilizer. Get all those nutrients back into our depleted fields instead of encasing it in a metal box. Let's see...if the average dead person weighed 180 lbs multiplied by 10 million, that's 1.8 BILLION lbs of water, carbon, fats and protein that could be restored to the farm lands. Crops need to eat us as much as we need to eat them. You know return to the food chain. Or we could just feed our dead to the animals in the zoos.

Course golf courses will have to be phased out as well, that's a waste of good grave sites AND farm land.

:D :D :D

Oso
08-30-2003, 09:37 AM
I got two words for ya:

soylent green

:D

and, who is 'they' and how do 'they' figure we will cap at at a certain population level?

shaolin kungfu
08-30-2003, 10:13 AM
Because they control everything, and will send out extermination squads when the population gets to high:eek:

Liokault
08-30-2003, 11:51 AM
The population will be about 400 after the big ass war in 30 years from now

Yup, but the really scary thing is that after this war the world will be populated by 380 French guys who hid in there cellers and 20 eskimo.

Kristoffer
08-30-2003, 03:25 PM
..and some swedes up north in the woods, who were unaware of the whole war

TonyM.
08-31-2003, 08:00 AM
Please God let the Swedes be women!The French and Eskimos too for that matter.

Chinwoo-er
08-31-2003, 11:44 AM
TonyM......... something you might want to think about

World Population = 300 French gals + 20 eskimos + a few swedes

All females.

Doesn't that mean the extinction of the entire human race ?
No male to breed them I mean. :(

Kristoffer
08-31-2003, 03:10 PM
Actually, the cromosome that makes us different from women is a small, and dying gene. In the future all people will become women. By then our tech would be rather advanced so I don't think 'breeding' will be any problem. They'll construct their own syntetic sperm :)

..oh and the french chicks would be so OWNED by the swedish chicks

PangQuan
05-19-2005, 12:09 PM
I think its time we start cutting people off, instead of cutting trees down.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7907725/

When the he!! are they going to start requiring licenses for having kids. I have been wanting this to happen for years now.

I think they should give males vacectomy's (sp) when they are young. Or something similar so that we have a way of controling the birthing system. Then require a birthing license, with psycological testing on both parents to determine if they will be some what suitable parents.

We dont need crack heads having anymore babies breathing up OUR air. Im sick of it.

D@mn people are breeding like monkey rabbits. Im sick of it.

End of rant.

MasterKiller
05-19-2005, 12:15 PM
If you hippies would quit buying the soy they grow on those farms, they would quit building new farms. So, do your part and quit being a hippy.

PangQuan
05-19-2005, 12:22 PM
If you hippies would quit buying the soy they grow on those farms, they would quit building new farms. So, do your part and quit being a hippy.

I hate soy. We should just get rid of people.

Start implimenting more strict death penalties, and get rid of all the sick b@stards in prison that need to die.

Also get those **** crack heads to stop breeding, doesnt anyone realise they are diluting our species?

GLW
05-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Amazing... you bring up China and it is one of the few countries in the world (if not the only one) that has STRICT birth control policies.

The laws there HAVE loosened up in the past few years...but:

A couple is encouraged to wait until later in their 20's or even 30 before marriage.

They get ONE child ticket. If the child dies...oops...no more tickets.

Minority races (pure minority couples...as in Hui to Hui...not Mongol to Hui) are allowed two children. Han families are not.

The laws WERE loosened up so a family can purchase a "license" to have a second child...and it ain't cheap.

Breaking the law generally means you lose any government benefits, your job, your wife's job, etc... so it is NOT something many people do.

Pregnancy out of marriage is not done...it happens but it is a BIG stigma.

An unlicensed pregnancy is encouraged very strongly to be ended with an abortion.

Catholics would and do have a REAL problem with the PRC's official stance on pregnancies.

stubbs
05-19-2005, 01:31 PM
Ok this isn't totally related but I just had a thought...out of all the millions of unemployed people out there, could we make some kind of super human powered factory, similar to the Matrix but instead of having rows and rows of people plugged in, we could have rows and rows of giant hamster wheels and make all the unemployed people run all day and do something useful. I reckon if every unemployed person had to run in a hamster wheel all day, our energy problems would be solved!!
________
Extreme q (http://extremevaporizer.info)

David Jamieson
05-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Don't worry, some kind of super virus will wipe out a good number of us in teh not to distant future.

It's happened before and it will happen again and thank goodness!

I can't wait til the population is whittled down to 1/2 it's current size.

and if I gotta go, then so be it. It's all for the best and it beats nuclear war which wrecks the planet for those not yet here yet.

Liokault
05-19-2005, 02:40 PM
Well in the UK we are in the great position of having a low birth rate.

This should be great, but what happens? We "import" people. We had a greater increase via immigration last year than by birth.

The crazy thing is that our "green" party keep saying that we need to get out consumption of energy down to the levels of third world countries (around an 80% cut). At while at the same time they promote the immigration of people from low energy using countries, into the UK, where they buy a mobile phone and a car and for some reason a cheap leather jacket.

ewallace
05-19-2005, 03:03 PM
When the he!! are they going to start requiring licenses for having kids.
It's quite funny you said that. That has been my exact idea for solving bad drivers for years now. Forget a drivers license, require a license to reproduce.

PangQuan
05-19-2005, 03:05 PM
heck ya, you start at the finish line and you get the job done alot quicker.

fa_jing
05-20-2005, 07:44 AM
I took a sociology course in school, the instructor was chinese and she said in the PRC in some areas there are groups of people set up that go around performing forced abortions gang-style on every pregnant woman in the area, once she saw a half-naked woman, 7 months pregnant screaming, running down the street with a group of men chasing after her. Lovely.

Mr Punch
05-20-2005, 07:52 AM
Contraceptives in the water and going to the doctor to get a licence for childbearing (a reversal of the contraceptive) after you pass the parenthood course would be a step forward for any country.

As for the PRC, can't believe everything you hear, but I've no doubt there are some really really horrible human rights violations still continuing... which makes me wonder why any country is trading with them. Oh wait, silly me, it's because nobody actually gives a ****.

IronFist
05-20-2005, 03:01 PM
I think they should give males vacectomy's (sp) when they are young. Or something similar so that we have a way of controling the birthing system. Then require a birthing license, with psycological testing on both parents to determine if they will be some what suitable parents.

Wow, I've said almost that same exact thing before, except for the vasectomy. It was almost like I was reading my own post right there.

But that would just give people the urge to have more sex since they knew they wouldn't get pregnant. Enter widespread STDs.

Becca
05-20-2005, 03:41 PM
Think not of the faults of others, of what they have done or not done. Think rather of your own sins, of the things you have done or not done.
- Buddha

PangQuan
05-20-2005, 04:36 PM
the whole std thing does suck but look at it like this. I dont have any. So its ok.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-20-2005, 06:33 PM
WORD YO!

i didnt read the link or a single post in this thread.

i just mindlessly support population reduction in almost every form.

ZIM
05-21-2005, 05:45 AM
The solution isn't to legislate the amount of kids. You want people screwing all the time, everywhere, in a great big dogpile. That's the secret to world peace, after all.

Nope. You want to eliminate gun control. :)

GeneChing
01-26-2017, 03:40 PM
Population peak of 1.45b by 2030 (http://www.shanghaidaily.com/nation/Population-peak-of-145b-by-2030/shdaily.shtml)
Source: Xinhua | January 26, 2017, Thursday |

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/newsimage/2017/01/26/020170126000626.jpg

CHINA’S population is expected to peak at about 1.45 billion by 2030, according to the national population development plan for 2016-2030 released by the State Council yesterday.

The country will enter a key transitional period between 2021 and 2030 in its population development as it will witness a decrease in the number of people of working age, more elderly people, still active population migration and diversified family patterns, according to the plan, which was signed and approved by Premier Li Keqiang.

“China’s basic national condition of a large population will not fundamentally change. The population pressure on economic and social development will not fundamentally change. The tensions between population and resources and environment will not fundamentally change,” the plan says.

The country will adhere to the family planning policy as a basic state policy, and fully implement the two-child policy to promote balanced population development, it adds.

The government will improve the policy adjustment mechanism for childbirth, allocate public service resources rationally, improve development and support systems for families to achieve a suitable fertility rate.

Efforts will also be made to improve the skill set of new workers, make full use of workers’ potential, develop the human resources of the senior population, and make good use of international talent.

Measures will be taken to promote urbanization, improve policies on population movement, address the problem of an aging population, promote women’s development, and enhance the protection of minors and disabled people.

As of 2015, China’s population was 1.375 billion.

China allowed all married couples to have two children in 2016. This followed an earlier easing of the policy in 2013 that allowed couples to have a second child if either parent was an only child.

The latest change ended the one-child policy implemented in the late 1970s to rein in the surging population.

Peak population. Interesting theory. I suspect factors like pollution (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?67175-China-s-Pollution-problem) and plague (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?40216-fearable-bird-flu) aren't in this projection.

sanjuro_ronin
01-27-2017, 11:30 AM
While Over population is a vital factor to control, population DENSITY is a problem that is easily solved and address BOTH over population and population density.
Visited India last year and it was amazing that less than 1 hour from the cities was, well, nothing but open, UNUSED space.