PDA

View Full Version : Origin of Single Thrust Flowers Form?

mantisben
08-31-2003, 03:51 AM
Greetings,

What is the origin of the "Single Thrust Flowers" form? This form is in the WHF and LKW lineage of PM forms, but is it in the TCPM CCK system? Is it in the Mei Hua PM? The reason I am asking is because Sifu Paul Eng has recently published a book called the "Single Thrust Blossom". I saw someone perform some of the form, and it looked like a great form, with lots of combinations (like most PM forms).

Does Mainland China PM (7* or otherwise) have this form in their system?

Thank you for any information anyone can provide.

mantis108
08-31-2003, 12:02 PM
I think Sifu Paul Eng is only releasing 7 Star material at this point.

We do not have Dan Chaap Fa (single thrusting flower) in CCK TCPM. We do however have a form called Dan Jak Mui Fah/Danzhai Meihwa (single picking plum blossom) that has elements of Zhaiyao. I am not aware of any relationship between the Single thrusting flower and the Single picking plum blossom.

Mantis108

mantisben
08-31-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by mantis108
I think Sifu Paul Eng is only releasing 7 Star material at this point.
I think you're right. It may have something to do with Sifu Kam Yuen.

We do not have Dan Chaap Fa (single thrusting flower) in CCK TCPM. We do however have a form called Dan Jak Mui Fah/Danzhai Meihwa (single picking plum blossom) that has elements of Zhaiyao. I am not aware of any relationship between the Single thrusting flower and the Single picking plum blossom.

Mantis108
I really enjoy the Plum Flower forms. I only know the WHF "Plum Blossom Hand", but I've seen the "Plum Blossom Fist" in a video, and have the WHF book on the "Falling Plum Blossom".

I like the flavor of the plum blossom sets. In fact, I think I'll enjoy the Plum Blossom form of almost any kung-fu style. Usually the Plum Blossom sets of a system have structurally fast hand techniques and quick footwork.

Thank you for your post!

ursa major
08-31-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by mantisben
...I really enjoy the Plum Flower forms. I only know the WHF "Plum Blossom Hand", but I've seen the "Plum Blossom Fist" in a video, and have the WHF book on the "Falling Plum Blossom".

Ditto on that Mantisben. I do the PL Hand, Fist and Falling forms they are always a pleasure to train. IMO Falling Leaf in particular is one of the most diverse forms in the 7 Star system alot of unique material and well worth the study !

Regards,
UM.

ShaolinMantis
09-10-2003, 02:44 PM
Eng Sifu is only doing 7 * Mantis books at this time out of respect for the Elders of TCPM. It is possible that there will be a TCPM form book(s) released at some point in the future as he confers with his Sihings.

Someone spoke of it having to do with Kam Yuen Sifu... ??? I do not know how that thought came about but, It has nothing to do with him. He is on another life path right now.

Anyone interested in seeing the list of Eng Sifu's books can check out his site :

www.taimantiskungfu.com

respects