PDA

View Full Version : Deadly moves? Real or not?

Laughing Cow
08-31-2003, 05:29 PM
Hi All.

Lets get a discussion going on deadly moves and how real they are.

I was taught that "deadly moves" if executed correctly CAN result in death.

Example:
I see deadly moves like being stung by a hornet, it can be fatal or it can simply cause a lot of discomfort and/or pain.

AFAIK, there is no H2H move that guarantees death of the opponent.

Naturally weapon combat changes the factors of course.

All those Dim Mak, Kushou and similar moves, IMO, are more used to create openings.

Said that some moves will naturally result in death.

Kinda like the instructions to kill a Vampyre:
1.) Wooden stick through the heart.
2.) Cutting the head off
3.) Buring the remains.
I reckon those will kill ANYONE and ANYTHING. :D

What's your thoughts?

joedoe
08-31-2003, 05:40 PM
A punch in the head can be fatal given the right circumstances. ;)

old jong
08-31-2003, 05:43 PM
A stomp to the index finger can also be faral ...Providing the victim has it up in his nose!...

Former castleva
08-31-2003, 05:45 PM
Did you just launch a list of undeniable facts? Did you just state the obvious? ;)

Laughing Cow
08-31-2003, 05:55 PM
FC.

The "obvious" and "commons sense" I found are the least common things in life & society.

:D

Oso
08-31-2003, 06:17 PM
A stomp to the index finger can also be faral

A True "I thought I was going to die story"

Way back in the mid 80's I was working for a large DIY warehouse store. The large trashcompactor's doors were locating in a narrow alcove and were barred shut with a sledgehammer stuck throught the two D-handles on the doors.

(ya'll ken where this is goin'?)

So, I was throwing trash away and the sledgehammer had gotten stuck and wouldn't easily pull out of the door handles. So, I mustered all my strength and grabbing the sledge by the head I yanked....and proceeded to crush the index finger of my right hand between the suddenly freed sledgehammer head and the concrete wall of the alcove.

I was on my knees instantly gasping for breath. I could not breath for 30 seconds to a minute. It was like I had been struck in the solar plexus.

The finger was crushed and split on both sides of the nail.

Chang Style Novice
08-31-2003, 06:20 PM
Don't do that, Oso, it's not good for you.

I once nearly squashed my left thumb in an electric paper cutter, when I was doing bindery work for a print shop.

Laughing Cow
08-31-2003, 06:22 PM
Oso.

Sounds like a mate of mine.

Worked on the headlight on his Bike, screwdriver slipped and nearly took his eye out.

CSN

You talking about the big paper cutter/guillotines that chop a large wad of papers.

We used to use them in IT some years back.

Always had fun finding the smallest Operator haning from the handle full weight trying to chop too much paper.

Or the electric trimmers that jam every 2 minutes due to static?

Oso
08-31-2003, 06:32 PM
that was the most pain I'd ever been in till the tooth absess this past year. trust me, don't let a chipped tooth go for too long. THAT pain is unbearable and no pain killers will work on it.

CaptinPickAxe
08-31-2003, 06:38 PM
I think if you punch somebody in the throat hard enough it will result in choking to death. Considering if someone has been doing strength training, I could see how it could be certain that a punch to the throat would be fatal.

Laughing Cow
08-31-2003, 06:41 PM
CPA.

Collapsing the throat can be fatal, I have known people that survived it.
Both were involved in accidents.

I also know the remedy to it, one of my teachers taught me how to fix it.

If you don't apply the remedy quickly you can choke to death or suffer permanent damage to your vocal chords.

Chang Style Novice
08-31-2003, 06:45 PM
LC -

I can't remember the brand name, but the one I used was electrically powered and had a two-stage system. First, you set the barricade at the back to the proper distance, then you stuffed your stack o' paper in there. Then you pushed a button that dropped a press-like device to hold the paper in place, then you pushed a second button that dropped the blade (diagonally for better cutting motion, which is why you need the press-like device) and actually cut the paper. My mistake was putting a stack of folded stuff in there to trim the edges, then thinking I could hold it in place while the press thingy came down, then remove my hand for the blade stage of the operation. Of course, the block comes down, and what was a couple of inches thick loses a considerable amt. of depth. I quickly withdrew my hand, but my thumb would have been aspic if I hadn't, and I shouldn't have had it in there in the first place (the first rule of using this bugger is "never put your hand in there when it's powered up, dummy!")

Serpent
08-31-2003, 06:46 PM
CSN - you forgot to close your parentheses.

Serpent
08-31-2003, 06:47 PM
Ooh! You editted it!

Laughing Cow
08-31-2003, 06:58 PM
CSN.

That one is different to the ones we used.

Manual was like an oversized paper cutter you find in offices.

Electric one was for chopping continous feed paper from the Computer to A4 or similar sizes.

Adtjust length for paper height chop(double) and knifes for trimming perforations, when the paper came from the laser it was static and we needed to add alu-foil strips to get rid of the static. Get it wrong and you reprint a whole box of paper. ;)

For the line printers we added a sensor, paper falls on sensor cutter starts, paper lifts cutter stops.

Cutter was faster than the mainframe-printer.

Paper-cuts on fingers were a daily occurence, back than IT was still a job not like the nerd stuff that the guys do now. 1 Terminal for 7 programmers and you needed to schedule to time do enter your program, for a compile or a run of your program.

But than I still remember the FIRST laser printers fitted inside a photocopier box(XEROX), stuck paper came out burnt from the laser.

Seeya.

joedoe
08-31-2003, 07:03 PM
OMG you must be old :D

Laughing Cow
08-31-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by joedoe
OMG you must be old :D

Lets put it that way I got 7yr more years working in IT than my Boss.

He never worked with punch-cards or similar.

CaptinPickAxe
08-31-2003, 09:01 PM
A way to fix a collapsed throat? Explain, this could be incredibly useful.

Laughing Cow
08-31-2003, 09:27 PM
There is a certain way in which you need to squeeze it to get it back into "shape."
Hard to explain in words.

Even if that is done you still need to get medical assistance, it is just a quick remedy to gain extra time.

Most good Doctors should know it as well.

Serpent
08-31-2003, 09:41 PM
And, of course, there's always the old instant tracheotomy with a ballpoint pen if someone has a collapsed or blocked airway in the throat.

YinYangDagger
08-31-2003, 11:52 PM
It's not really that hard to break a neck...the key is "softening up" the guy, much like a jiu jitsu guy has to before he applies an armlock or whatever...

I trained with John Kary (of USMC hand-to-hand combat fame), and learned several neck breaks, and even after practice (and after the natural instinct of tensing up your neck) your neck would hurt for days. We didn't practice it a lot :-)

We learned 8 neck-breaking methods, and I would dare say that a couple could be pulled off even with someone resisting.