PDA

View Full Version : The best art ever!

Samurai Jack
08-31-2003, 06:28 PM
I like Michael Waterhouse. His lovely nudes placed in mythical settings evoke feelings of lust, innocence, and wonder.

Of course there is much to be said for many other artists. Frida Calo and Salvador Dali were excellent in thier own regard. I especially enjoy the immediacy of Frida's momentary experiences. She paints her emotion and senses into the work. It's amazing from my perspective as a Zen enthusiast, because it shows life from her subjective referance point, unabashed as it is!

Dali, on the other hand is sooo dreamlike and irrepressible that his work has almost become a cliche for the psychedelic era's excessive adherance to recognizable form within chaos.

And then we have the popular H.R. Giger. I find his organo-technic subject matter to be deeply disturbing both in it's obvious reference to death, and it's demonization of sexual themes. I find myself at once attracted to, and repulsed by the imagees he creates. If there truly is a christian hell, I believe Giger's work gives us a glimpse into what that experience may be like...

It gives me the willie's just writing about it! :(

chen zhen
09-01-2003, 01:45 PM
This belongs on Other Related >Arts<;)

-cz

yenhoi
09-01-2003, 02:08 PM
you silly samurai fu ck.

:eek:

Kristoffer
09-06-2003, 06:39 AM
art smart

Kristoffer
09-06-2003, 06:40 AM
bored wh0red

Vash
09-10-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Kristoffer
bored wh0red

Wh0re!!!

Shaolin-Do
09-17-2003, 08:09 AM
Ive got 6 Salvador Dali paintings. I like Michael Parks too.
(abstract and surrealism are cool)
:)

MasterKiller
09-26-2003, 11:55 AM
You lying bastage....you have prints, not paintings, unless, of course, your record sells have suddenly sky-rocketed and your bank account has flexed. :D

Shaolin-Do
09-26-2003, 12:03 PM
Prints. whatever.

" of course, your record sells have suddenly sky-rocketed and your bank account has flexed."

That would be very nice. :D