PDA

View Full Version : Challenging

Johnny Hot Shot
10-01-2001, 07:10 PM
Has anybody here ever challanged a instructor/student from a rival School?
Did you do it on there turf, while in class?
When and how did you go about it?

"Life's a great adventure, mate."
Jacko Jackson

Nutt'nhunny
10-02-2001, 12:13 AM
yes, I did it in a friendly way. Testing them out, seeing what they got. I don't anymore. I don't really care what they got, fact is, it doesn't matter what belt they are in karate or how many dan, it I got chi in the ole dan tien, they aint got a prayer.

Lots of tough guys and skilled practitioners. I just stay a little bit ahead. My actual technical training should allow me to blow them out of the water like a Ueshiba demonstration, but I'm lazy and don't practice like I should.

Ralek
10-02-2001, 12:16 AM
I challenged a san shou fighter who had fought Marvin Perry in the past. I challenged him on the internet.

We met at a park and fought. He was getting really tired and was breathing heavy. He had to stop and take a rest every once and a while. He was totally out-classed.

It was another triumphent victory for video gamers across the world.

Brazilian jiujitsu is superior.

DrunkenMonkey
10-02-2001, 12:20 AM
I haven't actually challenged instructors from other schools, but I have challenged 3 senior students from other schools. One from a TKD school, one from a Boxing Gym, one from a Shotokan Karate school.

I basically owned the TKD guy, crushed the Shotokan stylist, but was totally destroyed by the Boxing guy, which is what got me interested in Boxing.

"****ed be the day that befalls us in a most hostile manner that shall compromise our Country, and ****ed be the great lengths at which are required of to stir our Patriotism." - Anonymous

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-02-2001, 12:23 AM
haha ... that one made me laugh rolls.

where's my beer?

DrunkenMonkey
10-02-2001, 12:24 AM
Ack i forgot to answer the second part.

The TKD guy I fought after school. It wasn't much of a challenge, more like a "You're in TKD? Cool? What Belt? Wanna Spar?"

the Shotokan was more official. "Hey, you're in Shotokan? What's it about? Are you any good? Yeah? Want to show me what you got? What? You think you'll pound me? Want to show me what you got?"

The boxing guy was like "Hey wanna spar?" And he just crushed me.

Most of them were after school or through friends at parks or at home or at their house.

"****ed be the day that befalls us in a most hostile manner that shall compromise our Country, and ****ed be the great lengths at which are required of to stir our Patriotism." - Anonymous

Ralek
10-03-2001, 10:22 PM
I will be fighting Vertical fist.

Josh "I respect all styles" Fernando

ShaolinTiger00
10-03-2001, 10:29 PM
Comments like that are sure fire ways to ensure that our next meeting will be much more violent. Keep up the good work! ;)

"... although shaolin tiger was better at kicking than me and can punch a lot harder...."

I was outclassed?

:D

Ralek
10-03-2001, 11:42 PM
Super Ultra Violence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Josh "I respect all styles" Fernando

Taomonkey
10-03-2001, 11:57 PM
A guy once came into our school, and asked to test out our style. I invited him to sign a liability release, which he did. He then bagan do do some kind of weapons form with his stick, so I picked up my kamagong bastone. We squared and he lauched the first swing. I blocked, disarmed and struck him on the sholder. He fell to the ground grasping himself in pain. I asked if that was enough. He stood, bowed and left the school. Rather uneventful but true.