PDA

View Full Version : Now, Laughing Cow can't answer qi question.

bobojoe02
09-01-2003, 12:21 AM
I asked Laughing Cow, if he wants a serious discussion
then just answer the question about that which is stronger than qi? What is the name of that kind of power development? He now resides with shadow & shaolin-do, in the realm of the wu-shu killers, huh?

Peace,
Bo

Laughing Cow
09-01-2003, 12:24 AM
Did you really ask??

I don't recall any such offer for a discussion.

Hmmm, what is stronger than qi.

Shen & Yi in my opinion.
:D

bobojoe02
09-01-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Laughing Cow
Did you really ask??

I don't recall any such offer for a discussion.

Hmmm, what is stronger than qi.

Shen in my opinion.
:D

Hey, not bad, but I will accept that for an answer although that which I am referring to is about power not health. Now, you really got yourself into a bind. How do you cultivate shen?

Peace,
Bo

Laughing Cow
09-01-2003, 12:31 AM
No bind at all, because Qi is not a "Power".

But I guess you would know that after all your years of study.
;)

Now if you wanted to discuss jing the situation were different.

Thanks, for playing the game.

You lost, insert another coin to continue playing.

bobojoe02
09-01-2003, 12:35 AM
No bind at all, because Qi is not a "Power".

But I guess you would know that after all your years of study.
;)

Now if you wanted to discuss jing the situation were different.

Thanks, for playing the game.

You lost, insert another coin to continue playing.

Now, now, now, **** Act, cow, just because you don't know how to develop shen and are ignorant of such powers as qi, then, you should remain with the wu-shu kids.

Give you another try, da, how do you develop qi? I think I hear an echo?

bobojoe02
09-01-2003, 12:41 AM
Ok, ok, ok so you can't respond because you are a Cow.

Try this, name one of the six qi forces. Now, don't give me that, "Qi is not a force, crap."

One out of six? That's simple enough.

Peace,
Bo

Laughing Cow
09-01-2003, 01:18 AM
Bobojoe02.

Six "qi" forces, use the proper name they are called "jings" in CMA.

And there are 8 not 6 you ignoramus.

Anybody can answer that question with a quick google search. (Hint: try TJQ classics for the answer)

So try again and ask a REAL question.

Like which one of those 8 jings is/should be present in any CMA and which one is it?

Have fun grasshopper.

count
09-01-2003, 08:03 AM
There are different kinds of chi.
Organ chi
Meridian chi
Nutritive chi
Protective chi
Ancestral chi
Each resposible for different functions in the body.

Now jing, that's a totally different subject but here are a few from the Chinese vocabulary.

Peng Jing (Pushing Power)
Peng is the very basic "power". It is the ability to transmit power, strength, energy, etc, thru an "extremity" (one of the 7 stars : head, shoulders, elbows, hands, hips, knees, feet).

Ding Jing (Listening Power)
Peng is considered also as the audible energy because it is through peng that one can listen to the opponent's body. As the studentdevelops the core peng strength, work is begun on building a good connection and communication between student and opponent. Through the aid of practice to increase sensitivity, the student can precisely detect the opponent's power, center of gravity, direction, pressure, etc., as if actually hearing the vibrations. Understanding Power (Dong Jing) motivation, one can continue developing and advancing listening ability to the stage of under standing power. In other words, the mind becomes able to analyze and measure the pressure, direction character, speed, force, etc., of the opponent's movements in order to be able to cope with them properly. In most chinese martial arts this Power is trained thru Tuishou (pushing-hand) drills (f.e. called Chi sao inwingchun).

Zang Lian Jing (Sticking Power)
Through Rolling Hands Practice, Pushing Practice and practice in reversing the transfer of power process, the student develops the sensitivity and controlling ability known as sticking power. In other words, the student should be able to stick with an opponent in order to control him, attack, or defeat his attack. Usually with the initial contact between two people in a free-style fighting situation, the student can use peng to sense the opponent's hand (with advanced students the sensitivity will encompass the entire body) and there is an almost magnetic feeling. That is, the opponent feels as if he were stuck to the student almost like chewing gum can stick to the body. The special application of sticking power is the slowing of an opponent's speed and also the redirection of any kind of energy emitted by the opponent (a straight push get deflected without any apparent reason. This Power is also involved in the "unpushable man" trick).

Zuo Jing (Following Power)
By combining all of the previously described types of power, one can advance one's ability further and develop following power. This type of power allows the student to follow the direction of the opponent in all situations and respond accordingly.

Hua Jing (Neutralizing Power)
With neutralizing power the student is able to guide their following power in a yielding manner, in order to counterbalance or make ineffective the attacking and defending ability of an opponent.

Ce Jing (Borrowing Power)
Through borrowing power, the student is able to utilize an opponent's power by adapting it to purposes that are beneficial to the student's own designs. When an opponent attacks with, say, ten pounds of force, the student not only neutralizes (yields) but also borrows that force into his foot and reflects it back to the opponent, often at such an angle that the opponent is tossed away by largely his own power. In Luohan Quan this power is used at "An Jing" level for every move that appear as a block at "Ming Jing" level.

Ying Jing (Drawing-up Power)
Should an opponent refuse to transfer power, the student is in the situation of having no power to borrow from. In such a situation it is up to the student to cause the attacker to yield his power so that it can be utilized for reflection back to the opponent. This process is known as drawing-up power from an opponent. A lot of this may just be psychology and reflex.

Di Jing (Uprooting Power)
The ability to cause an opponent to bounce backward and upward, thereby making him lose his root to the ground, is known as uprooting power. When used in a more moderate fashion, i.e., by keeping peng in an upward direction to the opponent's center, this power will cause him to float. In Luohan Quan this power is used to prepare counterattacks and throws, usually combining the power of the arms with the power of the stance / hips.

Chen Jing (Sinking Power)
By reversing the practice of uprooting power the student is able to develop the ability to sink using it against an attempt to uproot him. Success in sinking power development can cause one's opponent to feel that it is impossible to uproot the student. The relaxed, connected body is the source of this.

Na Jing (Controlling Power)
Controlling power is applied during Rolling Hands practice or Free Hand practice. The student will try different methods to take over control of the situation and eventually lock the opponent into a position which will defeat him. The constant and skillful use of peng and connection are what power this skill. In Luohan Quan we all call this power the "trapping power" as it allows to lead the opponent in a way / posture that is uncomfortable and unstable.

Kai Jing (Open-up Power)
This is the application of internal power in such a manner as to cause an opponent who has maintained a defensive position for an extended period of time to open up his defenses and thus be defeated. Psychology and reflex in relation to the opponent are vital for this.

He Jing (Close-up Power)
In this case the student directs his internal power inward in such a manner as to cause an opponent to react by closing-up toward his center as a means of defense. In the process of closing-up, it is possible to trap the opponent because he is so drawn in toward his balance point that there is no way that he can move outward; thus the student is able to control the situation and defeat him. This is the perfect power to use against a bully opponent, attracting him to a "unprotected" area and then let him crash against a hard part of your body (knee, elbow, shoulder, ...)

Po Jing (Deflecting Power)
This is a specialized development of internal power. In applying deflecting power the practitioner is able to bounce an attacker to the side, or divert his force, to bring the student out of danger. Here the skill of controlling not only your own peng but the opponent's force vector (whether he uses peng or not) is critical.

Zhou Jing (Rubbing Power)
This transfer of power is achieved through a rubbing motion of the hands or other parts of the body. The motion used is similar to that of rubbing clay between the palms to form a long rope or coil. Often, qinna are applied with this for attacking opponent's muscles.

Fa Jing (Exploding Power)
This transfer of power is achieved through a burst of energy, releasing power suddendly and "overloading" the opponent. At "ming jing" level, this power is used for every "attacking" moves of Luohan Quan.

Ce Jing (Twisting Power)
When applying internal power in this manner, the student twists an opponent in an action similar to that of wringing out a wash cloth. This type of power is used to lock an opponent into a position where he can be easily defeated or just keep it secured. The internal version of this well known move different in that it relies on physical law rather than muscle power.

Zhuan Jing (Spiral Power)
Because of this screwing motion, this type of power transfer is sometimes referred to as screwing power. It is the base of Chan si Jing (silk reiling power)Mainly use in Baguazhang this power is used in every turning move of Luohan Quan, transforming a possibly weak posture into an even more powerful motion. Of course a good grounding and lower body strength is required.

Ci Jing (Cutting Power) or Heng Jing (Crossing Power)
This type of power transfer, is a clean, sharp cutting type of motion which is applied to an opponent from the side in order to disable or interrupt an attack. Used with Zhuan Jing this can produce extremely powerful moves which can inflict heavy damages.

Duan Jing (Interrupting Power)
Interrupting power usually refers to the skill of "leaving the jing in the opponent.... mainly so no return which borrows" your power can be used. This skill is very hard to train and requires a very trained mind.

Cun Jing (Inch Power)
Sometimes called short-power.... the ability to release great power with very little motion. The most famous martial artist using this power is of course Bruce Lee (the famous one inch punch), to achieve the maximum power, Zhuan Jing, Fa Jing and Ying Jing are required.

Zuo Te Jing (Folding Power)
Folding power usually implies the skill of folding the body and hitting with the closest body part, using fa jing. For instance, if an opponent holds your wrist, hit him with Elbow using fa jing or cun jing; if he holds your elbow, hit him with shoulder (Kao) or hip, etc.

Ling Gong Jing (Distance Power)
This is the power of supposedly hitting without touching from a distance.

There are more but that should keep you busy for a while.

Liokault
09-01-2003, 09:43 AM
And there are 8 not 6 you ignoramus

8 you say?....we have 9 in our superiour tcc, so you all clearly lack any real understanding.

P.S I challange Laughing Cow to name the first 6 umpalumpas to appear in the Charlie and the chocolate factory film to prove that he is indeed a holder of a golden wrapper as he has claimed!

Chang Style Novice
09-01-2003, 09:45 AM
The correct spelling is Oompah-loompah, thou blackhearted pretender! You know NOTHING of TRUE Golden Wrapper style!

Former castleva
09-01-2003, 10:24 AM
Oxymoron from the start?
Or worse.

Merryprankster
09-01-2003, 10:35 AM
Hi Bobojoe!

Welcome to the forum!

You're a ****!

David Jamieson
09-01-2003, 10:50 AM
Understanding and studying Chi is a fairly esoteric practice and as we see already, there are many definitions and "types".

There's 8, there's 6, there's 5, there's 3 etc etc. It is really not important except to someone who practices either TCM or Feng Shui. I agree the jings are much more important to a martial artist as far as actually cognitively recognizing and using energy intrinsically and extrinsically.

It is a good topic though, but I'm afraid no-one with great certainty can answer the question about how many kinds of qi/chi there are.

It is dependent entirely upon ones personal understanding and moreso on the school of thought about the subject tha that person hails from.

So, is this one of those "ask a question that cannot be answered" threads?

cheers

Oso
09-01-2003, 11:19 AM
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

bobojoe02
09-01-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
Understanding and studying Chi is a fairly esoteric practice and as we see already, there are many definitions and "types".

There's 8, there's 6, there's 5, there's 3 etc etc. It is really not important except to someone who practices either TCM or Feng Shui. I agree the jings are much more important to a martial artist as far as actually cognitively recognizing and using energy intrinsically and extrinsically.

It is a good topic though, but I'm afraid no-one with great certainty can answer the question about how many kinds of qi/chi there are.

It is dependent entirely upon ones personal understanding and moreso on the school of thought about the subject tha that person hails from.

So, is this one of those "ask a question that cannot be answered" threads?

cheers

According to TCM, there are 6. So, if you don't know how to identify them and stimulate these 6 qi's, my teachers say it's better to practice karate. No insult to you, Kung Lek, at least you
realize there are such essences. According to my training, the methods of how to stimulate and grow the yuan qi is the nugget:
Yuan Qi
Gu Qi
Zong Qi
Zhen Qi
Zhong Qi
Zheng Qi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuan Qi (Original Qi)

Yuan Qi is said to be Essence that has been transformed into Qi, or Jing in motion. Yuan Qi has it's root in the Kidneys and spread throughout the body by the San Jiao (Triple Burner). It is the foundation of all the Yin and Yang energies of the body. Yuan Qi, like Prenatal Jing, is hereditary, fixed in quantity, but nourished by Postnatal Jing.

Yuan Qi Functions:

It is the dynamic force that motivates the functional activity of the internal organs, and is the foundation of vitality.

It circulates all over the body in the channels, relying on the transporting system of the San Jiao (Triple Burner).

It is the basis of Kidney Qi, and dwells between the two Kidneys, at the Gate of Vitality (Ming Men).

It facilitates the transformation of Qi. Yuan Qi is the spark of change, transforming Zong Qi into Zhen Qi.

Yuan Qi participates in the production of blood by facilitating the transformation of Gu Qi into Blood.

It emerges and stays at the 12 Source points.

Wait until Laughing Cow and other blind karate kids gets a hold of THIS. I can hear the so-what's? They don't get that yuan qi rules all and without it you are not considered for acceptance into the fighting practices. What the....?

Peace,
Bo

count
09-01-2003, 12:45 PM
bobo, I think everyone hates you because you clutter the board with multiple posts on the same issues and challenge them on ideas that are personal and ingrained. More posts like the last one will go a long way for your credibility even if it is only remotely relavent in discussing Chinese martial arts. Maybe if you hadn't ended with the challenge and name calling but, oh well, you at least made an effort. I have to question you about your comment about not being accepted into fighting practices. I personally don't think you can seriously learn Chinese fighting without at least learning some TCM, but I highly doubt it is required by very many. In fact most teachers aren't skilled in reading let alone Chinese Medicine.

Especially in China;)

BoBoJoe
09-01-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by count
bobo, I think everyone hates you because you clutter the board with multiple posts on the same issues and challenge them on ideas that are personal and ingrained. More posts like the last one will go a long way for your credibility even if it is only remotely relavent in discussing Chinese martial arts. Maybe if you hadn't ended with the challenge and name calling but, oh well, you at least made an effort. I have to question you about your comment about not being accepted into fighting practices. I personally don't think you can seriously learn Chinese fighting without at least learning some TCM, but I highly doubt it is required by very many. In fact most teachers aren't skilled in reading let alone Chinese Medicine.

Especially in China;)

At least you get the point of it all. Challenge them and they run away since they cannot answer the basics. It's okay to be hated since they are just karate kid Grandmasters of 50 going on 13.
Ever hear of the Ruler? I'm sure you do.

Peace,
Bo

chen zhen
09-01-2003, 01:46 PM
how many Bobos are there now?!

:eek:

Laughing Cow
09-01-2003, 01:48 PM
Chen Zhen.

Not sure.

Looks like he got banned and re-appeared VERY fast, so maybe he applied for multiple id's from the onset or his new ID was very quickly approved.

I thought that the mods checked and verified each sign-on that happens here.

Maybe it is one of the mods playing around??

Cheers.

BoBoJoe
09-01-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by chen zhen
how many Bobos are there now?!

:eek:

Let's see, There is Bobo JKD, Bobo Inosanto, Bobo Kali, and Bobo Hollywood Hsing-I Chuan of which I'm sure you are a Grandmaster of, huh?

Laughing at you not with you, chen zhen, LMAO, get it?
JKD Concepts/PFS (including Inosanto Kali), Hsing-I Chuan.

Peace,
Bo

CaptinPickAxe
09-01-2003, 01:54 PM
LMAO @ you cause you got banned and still didn't learn your lesson. :D

BoBoJoe
09-01-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
LMAO @ you cause you got banned and still didn't learn your lesson. :D

Wasn't banned a-Hole.
JKD, SD

Your profile JKD, SD tells me all I need to know about you and more Here's to laughing at you NOT with you, LMAO, oh, and please change that profile, it smells like dead fish, huh?

I call you "Captn Pic SD aSs"

Peace,
Bo

CaptinPickAxe
09-01-2003, 02:07 PM
shhhh......just be quiet, grass-hopper.
LMAO:D

your ignorance tells me all I need to know about you...

and speaking of profiles....yours tells me about as much as a book written by a woman about the minds of men .

Laughing Cow
09-01-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by BoBoJoe

Wasn't banned a-Hole.

If that is so why don't you post than under bobojoe02 any longer.

Got tired of that name, naah, I think you got your ass booted.

If you did not get banned/suspended. pls, do me a favour and post under your old name.

Seeya.

David Jamieson
09-01-2003, 02:55 PM
I would rather turn this topic back to the subject of manifestation of qi/chi. lol

bobo - I don't think study of the essences and the practice to stimulate and intentfully manifest the energies can be called "basic". It is very complicated and generally one is not exposed to it until well into their training path. Ergo, a martial artist may not necessarily know anything about it at all even after years of training except on a superficial level.

Not all Kungfu people are necessarily masters of tcm either.

Medicine and healing, bonesetting and Kungfu definitely go together like bread and butter imo, but it takes time to fill the cup.

Not everyone is there yet and certainly not everyone will get there.

I would doubt that even you had these thoughts and concepts open to you until you were at least a few years into practice eh?

Being shown, told or taught are completely different from actual learning and depth of understanding. Only time and dedicated practice will bring the latter.

regards

BoBoJoe
09-01-2003, 02:58 PM

If that is so why don't you post than under bobojoe02 any longer.

Got tired of that name, naah, I think you got your ass booted.

If you did not get banned/suspended. pls, do me a favour and post under your old name.

Seeya.

Naaaaa, Cow, aSs, here's the active profile:
Profile For bobojoe02 Search for all posts by this user.
LMAO, at you again, girly, just anothet SD, shadow, saholin-do girl, huh?

Date Registered: 08-26-2003
Total Posts: 55 (8.36 posts per day)
Last Post: 09-01-2003 12:19 PM
Only Gene Ching can answer this?
Contact bobojoe02: Click here to email bobojoe02
Send bobojoe02 a Private Message!
Homepage:
ICQ Number:
AOL Instant Messenger Handle:
Yahoo Instant Messenger Handle:
Birthday N/A
What's your MA style?
How long have you trained?
Biography
Occupation

CaptinPickAxe
09-01-2003, 03:01 PM
So, GDA's profile is still on there too. He's been gone for a while now.